Threaded View

Spyder Garage

There have been other threads on this subject.

Rider magazine did a comparison test of the Tri-Glide and the Goldwing. At the time (about 2 years ago), Spyder was asked to participate in a three way test--but refused to supply a vehicle.

The GW was the winner in that test. BR1, seems to have the best on site knowledge re the GW vs. the Spyder.

It would be nice if Rider would try again, now that the suspension on the RT has been changed. Time will tell.

When I bought my RT, I did go check out the Tri Glide--the ergo's were not comfortable for me so other than starting it up, I did not go for a test ride--I did not like it, so knew I would not be happy--no matter what. Never had the opportunity to drive a GW trike--but have been on the two wheeled version. I liked that a lot.

Bottom line for me--the two wheels in the front provide more stability, the Spyder is close to the GW in amenities, the bigger powerplant would win out for me. I will continue to be a Spyder proponent. Were GW to come out with a two in the front configuration--I would be looking at them real quick. But it would still depend on how I felt after the test drive.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-11-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red