Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    OC 1230
    1P2545

What do those mean?
    C1230 = General suction (HSV1/HSV2) valve fault - Internal HSV1/HSV2 valve problem...Troubleshooting from outside is not possible. replace the VCM.
    P2545 = VSS failure/VSS message counter error/VSS plausibility error - Check for VCM fault

I see either of two possibilities here...either your VCM failed coincidentally at the same time as the muffler replacement or a cable became disconnected or damaged. The speed sensor cable should not be the cause, more likely the main VCM connection, possibly due to a snagged cable when installing the muffler. I'd look at everything in that area very carefully. It is entirely possible you will need professional (dealer) help on this one.....and bring your wallet if you do.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for letting me know. And forgive my ignorance but what is VCM?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

vehicle control module

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texmac1011 View Post
    vehicle control module
    Thanks everyone. I think I will put everything back together, put the old exhaust back on, and then hope for the best. I really appreciate all your help!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

It isn't the muffler's fault. You either damaged, disconnected, or knocked off a wire...or the VCM failed coincidentally at the same time. If replacing the old muffler will make you feel better, great, but your time would be better spent examining the Spyder carefully for the cause.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    It isn't the muffler's fault. You either damaged, disconnected, or knocked off a wire...or the VCM failed coincidentally at the same time. If replacing the old muffler will make you feel better, great, but your time would be better spent examining the Spyder carefully for the cause.
    I put on the old muffler and now I have an additional fault: 2 U0122. What is that one? Also--I did inspect everything I know to look for carefully. I stripped the whole bike down and put it back together. Checked all the spark plugs and even replaced the air filter with a K&N high flow filter. I don't see any loose wires. I did get a check engine light for a while previously and it wouldn't respond to throttle. But simply killing it and restarting it cleared it every time. I'm wondering if this hasn't been building for a while.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

U0122 = VCM Communication Fault - Damaged circuit wires, damaged VCM, or damage DPS/VCM pins.
    U0122 = VCM Communication Fault Detected by TCM - Damaged circuit wires, damaged VCM, or damage DPS/VCM pins.

If you can't find anything obvious, you are going to have to get it to a dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    U0122 = VCM Communication Fault - Damaged circuit wires, damaged VCM, or damage DPS/VCM pins.
    U0122 = VCM Communication Fault Detected by TCM - Damaged circuit wires, damaged VCM, or damage DPS/VCM pins.

If you can't find anything obvious, you are going to have to get it to a dealer.
    Thank you very much. And BTW I meant to say fuses not spark plugs. I was frustrated typing on my iphone in my garage. Looks like it's the dealer for me...once I save up a small fortune. This is the longest I've gone w/out riding since last May (only reasons prior were sub-30 degree temps) and I'm starting to twitch. Spyder withdrawls.

Thanks again for your help bro.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default VCM

I have the same codes.What did you need to repair your problem ?