Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I am a Cowtown fan

I was thinking that many people read about the service department at Cowtown but have never seen any of them. Then it occurred to me that on my next visit I could take some pictures of the crew. So this past Friday I headed to Cuba to pick up my RT. That's a story inside of a story. It was taking time to get my RT repaired then Friday morning Kevin found another problem . Rick called me to let me know my RT would be done that afternoon. I found out later he had Kevin cannibalize parts from one of their RT's. They did it because it went past their self imposed time line to get a spyder repaired and back on the road.

This is Rickcuba (1).jpg the head cheerleader and owner of Cowtown. He's just inside the front door on the right.

Kevincuba.jpg and his sunglasses look like a rock star. When you tell him what the problem is he has the fix ready to go.----- that really dose make him better than a rock star.

Big Larrycuba (2).jpg is an up-an-coming star with his attitude of customer satisfaction his goal. He's quick to smile and make you feel welcome.

Mike cuba (3).jpghas the ability to listen and express his concern with very few words. In just a few minutes dealing with Mike you walk away knowing you have made a friend who's going to help.

Yes there are other people at Cowtown but they were busy with customers and I couldn't ask them to stop for a picture. Maybe next visit.

I know others who have had contact with each of these people and this may be the place to let them know you appericate their service.

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

I couldn't agree more! The folks at Cowtown are awesome and will do anything to make sure your visit is a pleasant one. Great service and an even greater customer appreciation is what I get each and every time. Thanks Cowtown!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You left out Cowtown's Ambassador...Len........I also think MoGang adds to Cowtown's aura...kinda like the Land of Oz

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree, when I recently posted that I was not all that thrilled with my Elka's Len contacted me direcly and has been working with me to get things right. He has put me in contact with John of Elka and between the two they are working to make it work to my satisfaction. (I felt there was too much wallo and the front end was getting too high off the ground with the amount of preload I had to go to). Great people and an positive example in the industry. I live a bit too far away to visit but maybe some day :-)

Regards,

Randy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree! The first set I recieved from another vendor came set up completely wrong with the wrong springs. After checking with Len, I ordered a set from them and will return the others for a refund. They came about 15 minutes ago and it took no longer than 10 minutes to swap them out! Kudos to Len at Cowtown!

As for install:
    Soo easy, raise bike a bit, remove lower bolts, raise bike all the way up, remove top bolts, remove shocks, install elkas top bolt first, tighten top bolts ( i couldnt fit torque wrench in the tight area), slowly drop bike while slipping shock lower bolts in place, tighten lower folks and ENJOY YOUR RIDE! There is no need pay any one to install for you. You only need 15mm shallow socket, 15mm combination wrench and a jack!
    Last edited by bmwlarry; 08-21-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Len set up and adjusted my Elka's at SITA and I don't have to do a thing to them...They're perfect..

Spyder Garage

Gene, good of you to post the pictures. They are all part of the Cowtown magic!

Haven't seen Larry around for a while. Can you tell him 'Hi' from me?
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default YOUR THE GREATEST

Along with Len, these are the greatest bunch of folks around! When I take my in for service, it is always completed in a timely manner and completed to my satisfaction! They all have their specialities in the service department so you have the best working on you spyder!

THANKS FOR STARTING THIS POST GENE!
    Last edited by GloryRyders; 08-22-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There is only one thing wrong with Cow Town......they are 800 miles from my house!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Len set up and adjusted my Elka's at SITA and I don't have to do a thing to them...They're perfect..
    Same here!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey
    Getting a picture of Len at work is easy getting him to stop for a picture is not easy .
    Your right about him being the Cowtown Ambassador!!
    I have heard it said that he is the most knowledgeable person around when it comes to Spyder's --- that's easy to believe when you hear him on a call with a problem. He has the answer down to the foot pounds needed. If you would go back through all these posting of people saying thank you to Len it would be a book.
    Next trip to Cuba I'll get a picture----if nothing else I'll get a picture of where he was.
    Before I forget if you plan on meeting Len at 12 for lunch go ahead and order. Len time is not the same as our time. When he dose get there ---
    "sorry something came up"
    He is the hardest working person I know.
    That seems to be a Cowtown signature.

Spyder Garage

Default Another fan of Len and his crew!

Len and the guys in the service department are the reason we have been driving close to 200 miles since 2010 when Len was "the man" who went out of his way to take care of our Rt problem and us. Never met us but we became family in a handshake.

We would follow him anywhere..... along with the rest of the MoGang!