Thread: Spyderfest 2013

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2013

Does anybody know when and where Spyderfest 2013?

Spyder Garage

April 24-28 is the planned date. Exact dates and location will be determined by the end of this year. We start our panning meetings in November

SpyderLady

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Already set for Ladybug camp ground. If you think you will be going now is the time to get reservations, it may double in size again next year

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Already set for Ladybug camp ground. If you think you will be going now is the time to get reservations, it may double in size again next year
    This maybe a stupid question, but where is Ladybug Camp Ground?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Being a new Spyder owner I am looking forward to the events next year. Locations and dates would be very good.

Spyder Garage

At the exit ramp State Hwy F off I-44 to Cowtown heading West, you go past the turn off road to Cowtown, West Outer Road. The entrance to Lady Bug Campground will be on your right less than a 1/4 mile.

There are lot of roads in that area of the country that have letters instead of names.

Hope that helps?
    Last edited by Cavman; 08-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can anybody recommend any hotels near the camp ground.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

If you "google " Cuba, MO you will see that there are several motels that most try to stay at each year. It's getting more and more difficult to book a room in them as the Spyderfest grows each year and many plan well in advance. For this year's (2012 Spyderfest) I believe Super 8 in Cuba gave Spyderfest discounts as did some of the others - Wagon Wheel, etc. All the chain motels are at an intersection where you hop on the highway and Cowtown, the host cycle center, is just a short ways down the road from this intersection. Gas stations, etc. are all right in the same area. Cuba is a small town so nothing is very far from any particular spot - including a number of great restaurants and coffee houses. The area has lots of two lane hilly roads -some more twisty than others that are great to fun to ride and explore.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Are we a little ahead of the game, or what? C'mon folks, Spyderfest is over 8 months away! Give 'em a chance to plan it before you leap.

Spyder Garage

From what I saw at the last Spyderfest I'd say the MOGang is still in recovery phase. I believe they have a planning meeting in the next few months to start on SF13.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Absolutely agree make your reservations now if you have to you can cancel without penalty.. usually within a couple weeks of event date there is no penalty charge. Spyderfest rocks!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Cuba Area campgrounds, motels, & resorts

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Absolutely agree make your reservations now if you have to you can cancel without penalty.. usually within a couple weeks of event date there is no penalty charge. Spyderfest rocks!!
    Just for general information-go to www.cubamochamber.com for a list of motels, campgrounds, and resorts. There is a directory. Some resorts have rooms, cabins, and RV hookups. You can also find info on attractions, restaurants, etc.

Spyder Garage

Rumour I keep hearing is we have outgrown Cuba . Going to hold off booking a room, besides tons of rooms available in the area .
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Will not book a room until I know exactly where it will be held. Booking now may be a mistake. There will be plently of time after the correct info is posted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Location of Spyderfest 2013- Ozark, MO

date of the event: april 24-28, 2013
    Rickylen Damouth
    57 minutes ago ·
    I know the question on a lot of folks mind is, where's SPYDERFEST 2013!
    That being said, I want to thank you all for your patience with us, and assure you this was NOT intentional or a marketing ploy in any way.

We had basically maxed out the Cuba area. Folks were having to ride 30 + miles to get hotels. This meant Spyderlovers were spread out over a 60 mile radius. That was counter to the main purpose of SPYDERFEST and the best part--which is everyone being together. The events are great, but friendships are made when people are hanging out in hotel parking lots--and where most of the best stories originate.

The last three events have been so great and they put a lot of pressure on us to find a place that was country, had hotels, a small home town feel, lots of friendly folks, great riding areas and a place that would accept US! We also needed the support of a dealership.

There has been much discussion with Lamont and several others. We finally found an area that would meet our needs! Nestled between SPRINGFIELD and Branson MO, is a little town that has it all. They have that hometown feel, great riding areas, tons of history and have extended an open invitation for all of us to come and play! Centrally located, OZARK MO will be home to SPYDERFEST 2013 " The New Adventure "

I am also pleased to announce this year, for the first time we will be having our very own full out, DRAG RACING!!! Not performance testing. If cops show up they won't be doing checkpoints, there's a good chance they will be on Spyders. Yes, we have one of the areas only drag race track reserved and ready for action http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/ . Anyone that wants, will be able to race. We will also have testing and tuning going on before hand. If your not sure you've got what it takes you'll be able to play and find out! There will be several classes, including a turbo class (I think you know why). And of course we will have some "TINY" little trophies. Add in some fireworks and food, and we are all in for a good time!

There will be other events as well and also one of the best vendor villages ever. Vendors we are ready to start taking reservations. We need our mods!

The area itself has plenty of rustic charm and I promise you will not be disappointed. There's plenty to see, plenty to do, and plenty of places to eat, including the famous Lambert's Cafe. Ozark is very accessible but also away from the hustle and bustle of Branson.

As far as lodging is concerned, over 600 rooms are on reserve all within walking distance. If we max those out there are more available in the immediate area. We are expecting a great time and a lot of laughs with you all there. The MoGang has a great adventure planned for you. Some of this year's ride routes will include a trip to Eureka Springs, AR, scenic drives through the Ozark Mountains, and some of the best twisties the Midwest has to offer.

This covers all bases, except for a local sponsoring dealership, and that is probably the biggest news of all for me. Can-am was looking to open a much needed new store in the Springfield Mo area. I was able to partner with a few folks and will be opening my own store, Pitbull POWERSPORTS. The projected opening dated is in February. This was recently finalized and one of the main delays in the Spyderfest announcement.

We will also be partnering with someone you might know, a personal friend and hero of mine, Lamonster. For the first time ever we will be building Lamonster edition Spyders, along with the Spyderfest edition Spyders.

As we start this new year and "The New Adventure", I would like to thank all of you for your support and friendship. This is a big step for me, and exciting to say the least. I hope I'm able to live up to everyone's expectations.

Ozark Raceway Park
    www.ozarkracewaypark.com
    Ozark Raceway Park - Come join in
    Last edited by Questions; 01-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

There is an official Spyderfest 2013 registration thread. It has all the information and links needed. Len's was the beginning announcement explaining the move and announcing his new adventure.

SpyderLady