Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket pipes for RT

I had a 08 spider rs that I put a Hindle on and didn't have to use a power commander on it. My question is does anybody make a pipe for the rt that doesn't need a control box? Thanks for any help on this.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

yoshimura just got one and looks and sounds great no other items needed for this mod.

yoshimura.jpg

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've found that it depends on your bike. If you put the new pipe on, and your bike "pops", then you need the box - if it doesn't you don't. Makes one leery of the mod…. unless you have the free $$$. Personally, I'd like to drop the Cat, and leave everything else stock...

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

The RT has the CAT in front of the muffler. With that configuration and an un-altered CAT, I haven't seen any RT aftermarket exhaust that requires a juice box or O2 mod.

Story is different with a gutted or removed CAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    The RT has the CAT in front of the muffler. With that configuration and an un-altered CAT, I haven't seen any RT aftermarket exhaust that requires a juice box or O2 mod.

+1 the computer should be able to make corrections. Cowtown even adds ram air without a PCV. but taking out the CAT you probably want to add some soft of fuel management.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

After adding the Hindle and green filter, my RS sounded like a string of firecrackers rolling down the road. If your's doesn't, you are one of the lucky ones….

Spyder Garage

Default RT pipes

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the yoshimira pipe and didn't wan't to spend anymore money than I had to. There was no mention of having to use one on there web site. I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. I liked the sound of the Hindle on my rs but haven't heard the yoshi yet. I guess there is only one way to find out.

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

I added the RAM AIR induction w/Green Filter, Iridium plugs and Nology wires along with the 2 Brothers Carbon Fiber Pipe (might as well get the Elka Shocks while you're at it). I get an occasional pop when I'm in the higher rev band between 4th and 5th gear. It sounds really good. There are some pipes that seem to flow flawlessly with the Rotax/BRP setup and some that don't. You shouldn't need a Juice Box with an RT/RTS.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    I added the RAM AIR induction w/Green Filter, Iridium plugs and Nology wires along with the 2 Brothers Carbon Fiber Pipe (might as well get the Elka Shocks while you're at it). I get an occasional pop when I'm in the higher rev band between 4th and 5th gear. It sounds really good. There are some pipes that seem to flow flawlessly with the Rotax/BRP setup and some that don't. You shouldn't need a Juice Box with an RT/RTS.

Cowtown did install the Elka's as part of their Performance RT model and I still get an occasional "pop."
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fiddling around with the intake and exhaust systems will require a VERY delicate and well thought-out approach... unless you really like to spend money!
    Do it smart!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if anyone is thinking of going to the yoshimura pipe i have a video with sound but its to lg of a file to post on here just p.m. with email address and i will send.cost of pipe w/ship 430.00

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    if anyone is thinking of going to the yoshimura pipe i have a video with sound but its to lg of a file to post on here just p.m. with email address and i will send.cost of pipe w/ship 430.00
    I'm going to order a pipe and I would like to know where you ordered your pipe from? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by durango kid; 05-28-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Wink Yoshimura Pipe

I'm interested in this Email is bowen2bowen@ftc-i.net. Could you also let me know more about it?

Thanks, Wink

Spyder Garage

Default performance

did the pipe by itself help your acceleration?

2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

shoot me what you got on that pipe my email napper39@yahoo.com, and thanks for the help.the pipe i got is tooo loud.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by durango kid View Post
    I had a 08 spider rs that I put a Hindle on and didn't have to use a power commander on it. My question is does anybody make a pipe for the rt that doesn't need a control box? Thanks for any help on this.
    Check out www.spyder1attitude.com
    few different models for RT and no other stuff required

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default cat removal

Why would removing the CAT be a different story. The o2 sensors are pre cat, and in theory, the cat is not what creates the backpressure needed for proper performance. Leaving the stock muffler should maintain that.
    I am considering removing the CAT on the wife's RT, and trying to get all the information possible prior to doing so. After all, this would not be the first mistake I ever made...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I put a Hindle made for the RS onto my RT

It looks awesome, sounds great and I have better acceleration and power. Even the engine sounds meaner and gives off a lovely "thump thump" when going through the gears. No need for any power commander, the computer adjusts everything perfectly.

Have a look at the result here:

Last edited by SpyderDurban; 08-15-2012 at 05:52 AM.