Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I deleted my response out of respect for Lamont..I shouldn't respond to a Troll..I know better...My bad.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm, I read several of these posts.
    My answer to the original question: Just because I can. That is why I ride one.

I forgot to mention...it's so different. Have you noticed how many Harley's are on the road today, not to mention all the looks alikes as well. I have no issues with riding my 900 lb. 2 wheeler, but the Spyder is unique, at least for now. I like to be slightly different.
    Harleys used to be cool, now they seem like a dime a dozen.

Last edited by Luckyme; 07-20-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    wow... sure hope you don't have a full face helmet

I'm glad that somebody said that!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First, I think the op was actually trying not to be disrespectful, otherwise, he would have omitted those statements from the post. Time will tell if he was genuine. One would hope he would check for responses and respond again. Like some have all ready posted, I can still ride two wheels. However, at this stage in my life, the spyder makes more since for me and its fun to ride. It doesn't matter what we ride, its that we ride. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brief Hijack here... SORRY!
    Does anybody else think that Lamont's latest avatar picture is starting to make him look a bit like Paul Teutel Sr.?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Does anybody else think that Lamont's latest avatar picture is starting to make him look a bit like Paul Teutel Sr.?
    +1 Dale

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

These posts are quite interesting but we do get these attention getters from time to time.
    I join all here in that I've ridden 2 wheelers for years and I remember running with HD's in England and not one of them could start a record on the jukebox, drive a mile to the roundabout and drive that mile back before the record finished....hell, I had an Ariel Arrow 250 two stroke twin that could do that...!!!
    To be fair, US cycles were for a different purpose...they could go all day at that lazy lope...but for us "barnstormers" the HD was not viable and hence not purchased. Twisty two lane roads required a different treatment.
    I had had a couple of close calls on my last 2 wheeler, a 900 Trident which took me into cage driving until I saw my first Spyder on a TV commercial aired during the Daytona 500. Three months later I had a new RS in the garage.
    Fifteen months and near 10k on it and I love it....wouldn't/couldn't be without it.
    I play in "biker" bars locally and I must admit these guys and girls have been my great riding buddies. We all have to stop every 120 miles or so for fuel and it's getting to be a lottery as to which one of the "old ladies" want to ride on the back. When it comes to repairs, it's a case of "can you run me to the dealership" and my driveway becomes a temporary work area with eyes looking over shoulders to see if the Spyder has a seat occupant playing Vroom-vroom.
    One of them had an unfortunate run-in with an intoxicated pickup truck which left him incapable of handling his bike until we found a lightly used RT.
    Now, he rydes every day and confesses he has never had so much fun.
    Logic wins every time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    I deleted my response out of respect for Lamont..I shouldn't respond to a Troll..I know better...My bad.
    Trolls need love too!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

WoW 113 replies and no response from original poster! Seems to have put a burr under everyones saddle then left.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rayelljay View Post
    ....hell, I had an Ariel Arrow 250 two stroke twin that could do that...!!!

Logic wins every time.

WOW....I had an Ariel Leader back in 1960.

Spyder Garage

Default WHY NOT?

wow harley dude, you sure ruffled some feathers. i hope you come back on to respond.
    i sold my hardley dangerous cop bike ( 4th HD ) to buy my spyder because
    #1 it's the coolest thing i've ever seen
    #2 it's really fun to ride
    #3 it's really fast, if i want it to be.
    the best thing you could do would be a long test drive. that will explain all_Preview_-11.JPEG_Preview_-3.JPEG
    Last edited by coz; 07-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Perhaps there is some jealousy

I think that there is some jealousy among H.D. riders. When I am on my Harley and my wife is on the Spyder, she gets all of the attention and I basically get ignored. The last time we went out , a guy came running over to see the Spyder. He "never saw one in person". Where I live Harleys are everywhere!!!!!

Spyder Garage

I agree that it seemed he asked with respect. I am not a Spyder owner yet. I ride a Honda CBR 600rr. It was my dream bike when I bought it and it is a lot of fun. I'm in my early 40's and love to ride. The Spyder just looks cool to me and after taking a demo ride it was just fun in a whole different way. I do like the idea of it being safer but overall I just really think they are all that. So much so that I'm working on getting rid of my bike and saving enough to finally own a Spyder. Sooner rather than later hopefully.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    WOW....I had an Ariel Leader back in 1960.

That was a great little machine...I had the choice between an Arrow or the Leader but took the Arrow 'cos it offered more opportunities for tweaking and had better brakes. I tried my hardest but couldn't blow it up. I was going through my 2-stroke phase at the time and I traded it for an Excelsior with a British Anzani 350 (or so) 2-stroke triple after a year.
    Great times.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man has this guy got you all going over nothing.115 posts during 1 day.Reminds me of the Goldwing forum.As soon as a Harley rider makes any sort of comments about a Goldwing the postings go crazy.Life is to short

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    Man has this guy got you all going over nothing.115 posts during 1 day.Reminds me of the Goldwing forum.As soon as a Harley rider makes any sort of comments about a Goldwing the postings go crazy.Life is to short
    Really, though the OP may have gotten to a few, I think most responders have simply taken the opportunity to answer the question.

And why not? If you're happy with your ride you don't have to be defensive.

You should have been at a certain gas stop on the way to Durango where an 'Old School Biker' just started ripping into Lamont's RT beyond belief (and Spyders in general). This guy was a Mega-Hater! I think this guys blood pressure was probably double the temperature (and it was HOT!).

We should have video'd that one! Classic person that had all the answers and no clue what he was talking about. I don't think any of us will ever forget that guy.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Really, though the OP may have gotten to a few, I think most responders have simply taken the opportunity to answer the question.

You should have been at a certain gas stop on the way to Durango where an 'Old School Biker' just started ripping into Lamont's RT beyond belief (and Spyders in general). This guy was a Mega-Hater! I think this guys blood pressure was probably double the temperature (and it was HOT!).

We should have video'd that one! Classic person that had all the answers and no clue what he was talking about. I don't think any of us will ever forget that guy.
    Yep i have had atleast 10 people in a couple weeks with the first thing they say is "i hear those things are squirly and handle terribly" i say really? Who ever said that has no idea what they are talking about. Then they proceed to ask more questions and check it alll over and ask where the closest dealer is .

Josh

Spyder Garage

Default Reason I have a Spyder..........

I've never owned a 2-wheeler but did ride a friend's a few times in college. Several friends have Harleys and yes, I've been a bit jealous of them having the fun of bike riding, the camaraderie and ability to see and do things most of us can't do in our cars. I made the decision 3 months ago to consider a motorcycle. My younger brother made a comment a couple years ago at Bike Week (right by our winter house in FL), as he looked at the BRP Spyder exhibit, that the Spyder was the safest bike in his opinion. Consider that he has a Nomad and a new Harley Street Bob. Since I don't have motorcycle experience but wanted to "enjoy" any riding I might do, I made the decision to purchase a used Spyder. I knew I didn't want to have the chance to drop the bike and have to "lug" it back up. I ride my Spyder and enjoy the freedom, the ride and the camaraderie of both Spyder and Harley riders. I'm 67 with no physical issues other than one of my doctors just took me off it for 6-12 weeks because of a procedure I had this week. Can't wait to get back on the "Byke". Go take a demo ride of both the RS and RT models, you might answer your own question. Something to remember, the Spyder rides differently than the Harley, so you might not take to it immediately. Hope you find the answer you're looking for...........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My ex has asked me many times why I would ride EITHER two or three wheels. I always just say "It's like tryin' to tell a stranger 'bout rock n' roll". Ya either get it or ya don't. It just is! For me, as a man with some handicaps, it's about freedom and the desire to.......

Ride in comfort,

John
    SealFloorBoards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What a great question that I have been asked over and over. I let them know I dont have a great deal of Bike experience. Actually i have ridden a two wheeler four times.... wrecked all four times.... Swore I would never own a bike....... Well long story short I wanted to beat the "bike "thing so I went and got my motorcycle license... Did great 100% written and 97% on driving portion.... Went and test drove a dozen different bikes, none of which ever made it out of the parking lot on the test drive... my decision, had been looking at the spyder for months but thought i "should" get a harley........ Nope... I road that spyder and it was great.... up and down street roads, parking lots, it was great... now its not the safest thing i have driven so I must always maintain caution along with the fun.. Now the really sucky part.. I have 800 miles on my bike, trike, roadster... how about just Spyder and I dont have my 600 mile maintenance till next sat.... so the Warmav sits...... Oh and to the seal on the deal.... I am always a bit different...... Everyone has a two wheeler of one kind or another... I have only seen two other spyders on the road ever........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

220px-Paulsr.jpgavatar960_11.gif.jpeg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont.

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

Default Legitimate reasons...

I don't want to pull to a red light and have to put my feet on the ground to hold up straight...then on take off drag my feet a little until I get up and going good. Also I desire stability in case a situation takes a turn to being really bad on the road. And last, I like being different. Everyone rides the same 2 wheel bikes and no one stands out amongst the crowd unless the bike is insanely decked out. The Spyder stands out in the crowd bone stock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

We were out today in the Tunnel of The Trees in Northern Michigan .We stopped for lunch at an old inn.2 RT limited in Metallic Bronze.6 Harley's rode in.We answered a hundred questions.They were fascinated by the bikes and thought them really cool.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Would have chimed in earlier........

but got delayed trying to get the knots out of my panties!
    The poster did his respectful best to stir the pot and me thinks his mission was a huge success.

Guess I will get back to trying to untie those nasty knots..........