Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I PM'ed my address to you. Glad you got your Spyder fixed right and congrats on the long run back home.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

arntufun

to both of you for that one !!!!! No way would I have done that in those temps.

BTW........ on yet another trophy. It feels really good inside to get one of those.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You Doc and Forest are true hardcore riders, I'm just a want-to-b compared to you guys. I most likely will never do this again but I wanted to see if I could. I already had some guy on Facebook tell me it was no big deal on a Spyder and he does it all the time on a bike.

Anyway I too am glad you guys aren't reading about me in the papers and like I said I would not recommend doing this, especially in that heat, that's what really took it out of me.

As far as having more respect for BajaRon, I agree, the guy has 10 years on me and for sure his ride wasn't as comfortable as mine and yet I don't think he complained one time about being hot or wore out. I guess those CDF fire fighters are a tough bunch!

F that guy. that is a lie that is not a big deal,I ran into a guy that runs to the salt flats in one shot that works at the triumph indian dealer in fargo that I met on the flats in 10. He runs that much from time to time and it is always a challenge. I am glad you did it though. I compare it to golf or running a marathon ( I get the irony of using that when I am like this) that where you are playing against yourself and checked that against others.
    I had a guy talking about the iron butt and he said would you do it if you couldn't tell anyone about it? and he answer was no. I did just to see and if you can't well at least you tried.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Un-Freakin' believable! You guys are crazy. But, you've set a personal best, and what a risky proposition.
    You can now be part of the Iron Butts (I think a BMW group). When I rode a K1200LT, I would meet up with Iron Butts who live to ride 1000 mile days. They wore camel Backs, and even one guy I met on the road lifted his pants leg a few inches to show me how he manages to drink to stay hydrated, but never stops to pee......... He had a tube next to his boot, attached to a Texas Catheter.
    In the case of this Spyder, that would not be much of an issue since we stop frequently for gas.
    Most for me was 650 miles in 1 day ride. Total 6000 miles in 2 weeks. Once I got home, I put the GL1800 up, and did not ride again for a month.