Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Coolant Reservoir leaking - who has replaced theirs already

To those in Northern Illinois please enjoy the beautiful weather for the next 12 days at least . I came out to my spyder friday and there was coolant all over the place on the ground and some on the spyder .so after taking half of it apart and finding the Coolant Reservoir bubbling about half way down on the front side , I was just curious as to who else has had to replace their Coolant Reservoir tanks already ? the 2 dealers I called said they havent had to replace any , and didnt have any but a dealer in florida had some . Either way I ordered it and it will be here soon so please enjoy the weather on me ! Guess it gives me the time to put my plugs/wires, HID's and air filter in so ill look at it as a good thing .

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think there was a few coolant tanks that developed leaks at the overflow neck. Search the forum for it. Also if you don't tighten the filler cap to the second detent it will leak out also from the cap.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

There's been at least 5 Spyderlovers that had the coolant bottle replaced under warranty.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

3 coolant reservoirs changed: Clearwater Fl, Hollywood Ca and Lake Placid Ny; all 3 cracked in the middle.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    3 coolant reservoirs changed: Clearwater Fl, Hollywood Ca and Lake Placid Ny; all 3 cracked in the middle.
    Same here I am on my 3rd one now, first one was replaced under warranty.
    I replaced the second one myself (pretty easy) part was about $60 I think.
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Had mine replaced at around 18,000 miles under the BEST warranty; $50 charge per incidence. Developed a split in bottom half.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinspyder View Post
    To those in Northern Illinois please enjoy the beautiful weather for the next 12 days at least . I came out to my spyder friday and there was coolant all over the place on the ground and some on the spyder .so after taking half of it apart and finding the Coolant Reservoir bubbling about half way down on the front side , I was just curious as to who else has had to replace their Coolant Reservoir tanks already ? the 2 dealers I called said they havent had to replace any , and didnt have any but a dealer in florida had some . Either way I ordered it and it will be here soon so please enjoy the weather on me ! Guess it gives me the time to put my plugs/wires, HID's and air filter in so ill look at it as a good thing .

This took care of BRP 's problem. IMG_0362.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yeah Ivanlee I may think about that style where did you get it ? yeah mines not the cap or the hoses from what I have seen alot on here . I wish it was just a hose clamp that was loose, clamp it add a lil fluid and GOOOO. but NOOOOO mine cracked in the middle on the " front" side of it and dont get me wrong i could patch it for a temp fix to at least ride but i figure id just swap it and it was like 61 dollars for no biggie at all just have to wait BLAH

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Replaced twice, both under warranty, no charge.
    Both times it was cracked st the seam.
    6 states down 42 states to go

arntufun

Docs not lying, I saw a puddle of antifreeze under his Spyder in Lake Placid NY after he got to the meet and greet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

well got the new one today ... so may this week ill be able to get her out I HATE driving a car when its like this out ...

Spyder Garage

Mine was replaced at around 17000.00. Also replaced cap, suspected of holding too much pressure causing tank to split. Have 48000.00 now without any issues since.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift