Thread: Shifting arm

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Shifting arm

Wanted to share a few photos with everybody. My 2010 RT SE5 with 20K miles had a shifting arm malfunction.
    Here is what happened: this shifter arm is dangling off the end of the spline shaft that comes out of the tranny. There are actually two sets of splines with a groove in between them. There is a set bolt that threads through the arm. The bolt rests in the groove to prevent it shifting off. It didn't work because the spline on the arm may be wallowed. I'm having it replaced Monday in addition to the brake pin thats on recall for the 2010 RT's.

The second photo shows
    the arm in its proper position. It looks a little cockeyed in this photo. It may well be. I have the SE5 with 20K miles. Not sure if the manual tranny has the same setup. A sign that something is up is when you shift you feel a thump or a hammer like tap on your left foot peg. Do not confuse this with the shifting clunk which is annoying but normal. When the arm fell off there was a chattering sound and vibration. Probably the spline spinning inside the arm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.