Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seat with heat ??

Just wanted to get a idea if you have the seat what you think of it thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

Default Seat heat

Just get a good heated jacket. If it's cold outside, your butt will be the least of your worries.

Cheers!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered a Corbin...opted out of the heat option. For 50$ maybe but $200 nope...didn't seem worth it. I know some have it and some don't...like money I guess. The $200 can be spent well on other options for comfort, style and convenience.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Set

I have the heated seat. I really like it .The only thing I do not like is the heaters are powered at all times by instuctions.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Heated Corbin

We ordered the Corbin RT Set in late October...heated seat, backrest, passenger armrests...and we really like it. I rewired it through a relay after forgetting to turn off the heaters a couple times, and having to charge up the battery. The heaters aren't quite as quick to heat as most car/truck heaters, but they don't take a long time. I've ridden 100+ miles to a job on a couple 25-28 degree F mornings, and with the heated grips, the seat, and a hoodie under leather I was fine.
    Of course, I still have a pretty strong case of Spyder-rydin' fever, since we just got the RT in mid-October....

Spyder Garage

Can you not just wire to a key on circuit ?
    don't have the book yet to see circuit if there is a spare fuse that works with key on
    Last edited by mastertek2000; 04-01-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default corbin heated seat

Quote Originally Posted by KCPete View Post
    We ordered the Corbin RT Set in late October...heated seat, backrest, passenger armrests...and we really like it. I rewired it through a relay after forgetting to turn off the heaters a couple times, and having to charge up the battery. The heaters aren't quite as quick to heat as most car/truck heaters, but they don't take a long time. I've ridden 100+ miles to a job on a couple 25-28 degree F mornings, and with the heated grips, the seat, and a hoodie under leather I was fine.
    Of course, I still have a pretty strong case of Spyder-rydin' fever, since we just got the RT in mid-October....
    How did you wire in the relay? I just installed mine and was sure I had it wired wrong because it stays on. I really need to get this fixed. I seldom use the heat but my wife has it on any time the temp drops below 80 degrees, well maybe not that warm but she has iton a lot. I worry about forgetting to shut it off when we are in unknown territory.

Thanks,

bob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default heated corbin

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    Just wanted to get a idea if you have the seat what you think of it thanks in advance
    This is my third Corbin, We have logged in well over a hundred thousand miles on the seats. We love them, altough they are not for everyone. the heat is a good thing. I did not get the back rest on mine, in fact I had them cover over the hole. I have had them before and used them very little. My wife loves the heat.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy1942 View Post
    How did you wire in the relay? I just installed mine and was sure I had it wired wrong because it stays on. I really need to get this fixed. I seldom use the heat but my wife has it on any time the temp drops below 80 degrees, well maybe not that warm but she has iton a lot. I worry about forgetting to shut it off when we are in unknown territory.

Thanks,

bob
    it would work like this you would just take a signal from a key on like the horn this way it does not pull draw from the horn but the battery
    12527647e9129233622.jpg

-30 = constant [positive (+)] power (usually wired directly to car battery)
    -85 = coil ground (wired to the negative (-) battery terminal or any grounded metal panel in the car)
    -86 = coil power (wired to the control source. could be a switch, or it could be the car's IGN or ACC circuit.)
    -87 = switched [positive (+)] power output. (when the relay coil is powered, lead/pin 87 is connected to lead/pin 30)
    Last edited by mastertek2000; 04-01-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife Frenchie and I both have the heated seats, and love them. If you keep your brains warm, then you'll think you're warm! Seems to work just fine. If you wire the seat from the acc. fuse in the fuse box as per the directions, the seat will be powered whenever the key is on and remain on for approx. 20 seconds after the key is turned off. You can then use that hot wire as trigger for adrivinglight relay and have your driving lights stay on temporally while you turn on the garage lights. Works for us.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    My wife Frenchie and I both have the heated seats, and love them. If you keep your brains warm, then you'll think you're warm! Seems to work just fine. If you wire the seat from the acc. fuse in the fuse box as per the directions, the seat will be powered whenever the key is on and remain on for approx. 20 seconds after the key is turned off. You can then use that hot wire as trigger for adrivinglight relay and have your driving lights stay on temporally while you turn on the garage lights. Works for us.
    There is no switched accessory circuit on an RT, and the switched accessory circuit on the RS is only rated at 3 amps...insufficient to run a heated seat.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Have a Corbin seat with heat on my 2010 RTS, and love it. Here in Wisconsin we use the seat heaters all the time this time of year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy1942 View Post

Thanks,

bob
    I've added a relay-fed 8-circuit secondary fuse panel in the frunk for any/all accessories. It's a 40a relay, with it's own feed from battery for power, and triggered by the delayed-off ignition circuit. Hope that makes sense...typing this in a hurry over lunch!

Pete

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As far as wiring, I wired mine through my Eastern Beaver accessory fuse box to a switched circuit.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Heated Seat(s)

Just about to order the dual heated Corbin seat, but my concern is that the switches are wired directly to the battery. Even if I remember to turn off the switch(s) when parked, there is always a possibility that someone or some thing will accidentally turn on the heat and run down my battery when parked.

I have a small jump starter battery that I could carry with me, but getting to the Spyder battery to jump it requires removal of at least 2 body panels.

Looking for some sort of relay that is made for motorcycles.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Seat with Heat

Have you actually checked to see if the Corbin seat heater stays on continuously?

From their website:
    Electric Heat
    For those chilly mornings

"As an option on many of Corbin's Touring Class saddles, electric heat provides a very nice way to raise your riding enjoyment when the temperature drops. On these models, the heaters and required controller come preinstalled on the saddle. We include a wiring pigtail that integrates with your bike's fusebox or directly to the battery and provides a quick disconnect for saddle removal.

Operation of the heater(s) is handled by a switch built into the left side of the saddle where you can reach it without removing your hand from the throttle. Just flip the switch and start enjoying the warmth! Heater will run for one hour then shut itself off automatically. If you're still riding, just flip the switch off and back on to reset. Remember, heated seats require a stitch pattern in the seating area to conceal the heater elements."

This is exactly how my Corbin heated seat works on my 2010 RTS

KYSPYDER

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2it View Post
    Just about to order the dual heated Corbin seat, but my concern is that the switches are wired directly to the battery. Even if I remember to turn off the switch(s) when parked, there is always a possibility that someone or some thing will accidentally turn on the heat and run down my battery when parked.

I have a small jump starter battery that I could carry with me, but getting to the Spyder battery to jump it requires removal of at least 2 body panels.

Looking for some sort of relay that is made for motorcycles.

Thanks!
    Spyders are equipped with jump start terminals. On the older ones you lift the seat and on the 2013's and newer you open the trunk. I would highlyt recommend that you install an auxiliary fuse block that is relay traiggered, and wire the heaters to that. Then there can be no mistake which run down the battery. Eastern Beaver makes the 3CS and a larger unit, and there are several others. I think TricLED has one, too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a heated seat pad and love it!