Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for opinions on skidplate removal.

I'd like to be ready for another year of unbearable Texas heat, so I've decided to order the Spyderpops heat block for my RT. I put the Spyder on the lift this weekend and took a look at the skidplates. I know from reading here that at the very least I need to remove the right-side skidplate, but wanted to get some opinions from those that have done it. My plan is to remove the two 10mm screws off the center frame and then cut the plastic flush at the one remaining bolt on the outside and be done with it. I'd just like to get some opinions beyond this from those that have done it.

1. I know removing the left skidplate will make oil changes easier, but does anyone find that it additionally helps with heat release? (thinking if I'm going to remove one, I might as well do both-is this wise?) Opinions?

2. Has anyone wished they had not removed these or experienced any damage that the skidplates may have prevented? ( hadn't seen anyone post anything about this )

3. Does doing this void my BRP warranty in any way? ( My Spyder is 9 months old so I'm still under factory warranty)

4. Would it be better to go to the trouble of actually removing the single bolt on the outside also and thus preserve the skidplate just in case I want to put it back on for some reason in the future? ( I can't imagine why, but that's why I'm asking in case someone else can give me a reason I can't think of )

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds!

Kyle

Spyder Garage

I,m in CT-
    The Left one is off permanently (Oil Change)
    The right Is on in the winter and off in the summer (Near Fan) .
    If I was in Texas they BOTH would be off permanently !
    Replace 10mm bolts in Frame PLEASE if you remove!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Option #4

I removed them both and did not chop them up. Simply put the 10 mm nut back in the wrenchbjammed it between the "siding" and after a couple curses, bingo, got it started and was done in a minute or two. Who knows, BRP might give us 2 free years extended warranty if you've replaced the nut and bolt!! I had failed to be intelligent enough to replace the teo bolts that go into the frame for each piece. I've just made a note and will do that tomorrow, as my "work for the day." Too bad I didn't look for my note today. Missed my dental appointment. Bad dog!!
    Tuck