Spyder Garage

Default UP Ride Details Aug. 1-3

Here is the attachment of the flyer for the UP ride on Aug. 1-3 for anyone that is interested. I am getting more inquiries as we get closer so I thought I would repost this. Let me know if you need more info.
    Last edited by dltang; 07-15-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Stinks that there is no way to get a passport before then.........I remember when we could just go to Canada with a drivers license...now they just want to make some bucks and have you jump through hoops...Maybe if I just answer all the questions at the border as "Aye!" when I cross or I could tell them I am a Native Indian from the Friggarwie tribe, you know "We're the Friggarwie?"

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scottmanesis View Post
    Stinks that there is no way to get a passport before then.........I remember when we could just go to Canada with a drivers license...now they just want to make some bucks and have you jump through hoops...Maybe if I just answer all the questions at the border as "Aye!" when I cross or I could tell them I am a Native Indian from the Friggarwie tribe, you know "We're the Friggarwie?"
    You can still get across with a driver's license and a certified copy of you birth certificate. Land crossings only, no airline flights.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Scott, are you coming from Canada? We are not going into Canada if you are from the states. We are just riding the UP of Michigan. Where are you from?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oh Duh, Geography is not my strong suit. I was looking at the map and did not recognize ANYPLACE on it so I assumed it was Canada Due to the Montreal River Harbour shown on the northern part of the route. I am in Charlotte, NC.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You can still get across with a driver's license and a certified copy of you birth certificate. Land crossings only, no airline flights.
    -Scotty
    Good to know... I want to eventually ride up to Alaska and thought I would need to get a passport for it.

Spyder Garage

Scott, they now have something called a Passcard. It is less expensive and less of a hassle to get than a passport. It is for getting into Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, things like that. Where you may need more than a drivers license but don't have a passport. Here is the link http://www.uspasscard.com/

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks DLTang, I will look into it!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Good to know... I want to eventually ride up to Alaska and thought I would need to get a passport for it.
    Eventually, you will. They have delayed the requirement for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Scott, they now have something called a Passcard. It is less expensive and less of a hassle to get than a passport. It is for getting into Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, things like that. Where you may need more than a drivers license but don't have a passport. Here is the link http://www.uspasscard.com/
    We have considered one of those, but the last I knew thay had not actually issued any yet, just accepted applications. If Michigan would vote to join the enhanced driver's license thing, our driver's licenses alone would suffice. More legislative gridlock.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Isn't that always the way it is? I see good and bad points on both sides. I personally am not so cool with HAVING to Carry a RFID chip on my person so that big brother can scan my every move, doesn't sound like freedom to me...but that is just me.....I do see the benefits as well.

"Those who would give up their freedom for temporary security deserve neither"~ Benjamin Franklin