Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Much awaited...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Much awaited...

I purchased my spyder in June of 08 - a stock silver moon GS. Since I purchased the spyder I have wanted to add mods to make it easier for me to seen and to make a short weekend trip possible for the wife and myself. It always seemed that some thing came up financially that precluded it from happening. Over the past 3 years I have made some minor upgrades - 3' ESI risers (already had the 1" BRP), ISO grips, highway pegs, Corbin Seat; I have the things I have done in my signature. For Christmas the wife had a version of of a treasure hunt and gave me the money to outfit the spyder the way I want.
    I had a list and while it was not enough money to get everything (that would take an unlimited budget) I wanted. I have been able to order the majority of my mods.
    So far the extras that have arrived are: Tricled - fender lights (white/red), Angel eyes; ESI products - fender tip lights (amber); mud flap lights, and givi bag lights; Custom Dynamics - triple play; Baker Air Wings; Madstad Windshield.
    Products ordered and in transit - Can-Am hard bags with Black Panels purchased from Bert's Mega Mall -- I have added an Orange pin striping to my spyder and want to do the same to the bags - so I stayed with the black. I purchased a new Sway Bar from Martin in Australia and finally a Corbin Back Rest.
    I had previously purchased a set of RT Shocks from a member but they are not installed yet.
    I spoke with ERAGS last night and we are going to start adding the upgrades on Sunday. Man, I can't wait.
    I want to give cudoos to all the sponsors I have dealt with from the site - customer service has been great and I can't want to get all the additions on FANG.
    I want to say that

arntufun

on your mods. You have some nice stuff being installed. Say hello to ED and Doc from Randy and Holly. We camped right next to them a SITA and they are nice people.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    on your mods. You have some nice stuff being installed. Say hello to ED and Doc from Randy and Holly. We camped right next to them a SITA and they are nice people.

I sure will Randy - going to their house tomorrow with the parts that are in and Ed is going to help me install them on Sunday. I will pass on you hellos.

Spyder Garage

on the mods. Please post pictures when done.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday, FANG...maybe we'll even have time for a ride when you guys get done.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you Sunday, FANG...maybe we'll even have time for a ride when you guys get done.
    I hope so. thanks to you and Ed for helping me with this project.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bill,

That's great to hear that your wife has helped you get the Spyder modded out and Ed is going to help you install them. Say hello to Ed and Cheryl for me.

When I bought the Spyder, I was told not to go crazy with the mods, like I did with the boat. We never know what to get you for Christmas and Birthday. So I didn't and what did I get? A couple pairs of shorts after they checked out the prices of mods for the Spyder. I would have been happy with a cup holder but, even that was out of there budget.

I know how it is and do what I can when I can. I have a buyer for my boat and my truck will be paid off in a few months, that will free up money to do what I want with the Spyder and perhaps get to a few events. I also want to get a used enclosed trailer to use it as a garage. Its a lot cheaper than building this close to the Gulf. I got that idea from Ed and Cheryl, when they came down for the poker run in 2010.

Have fun on Sunday installing the mods and don't forget some pictures.

Ryde Safe, Brian

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Hi, guys...coming to Spyderfest? Owners' Event? We had fun with you at SITA. Ed and Bill have been hard at work installing Bill's mods all day. Greetings to the NY Spyder riders.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got a great start on the mods yesterday - fender tips lights, tricled lighting installed; shock and glo riders on; bags are supposed to arrive today and then it will just be waiting on the sway bar.

Ed is the master - he has really worked hard to ensure that the lighting is functional and even has some nice features to the wiring that adds to the bike. He is also checking all the wiring for my accent lights which have not worked in a while (since I took it in for a servicing) he has re-routed the wiring and redone the ground. what a great friend.

I want to thank Cheryl for the great lunch yesterday - soup was fantastic.

Hopefully all will be done soon! I will post photos after we get it all done.

Thanks again Ed and Cheryl.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

All mod in from suppliers -- came hme yesterday to find the Sway Bar at the house. ERAGS has been the main driving force in installing the mods for me. Last Sunday we got started and we were able to complete the installation for the - fender tip lights (amber), ticled - fender lights (white-red), Angel eyes, RT shocks and Glo-Ryders (white). ERAGS has also been trying to find out why my accent light that were previously installed were not working and in the processes has rerouted alot of the wiring so that grounds are in one location and the wire bundles are neated and hidden as much as possible.

Took the saddle bags and sway bar by his house last night and today he is going to start the prep for the bag light install and the triple play. I know he had not been feeling well since Sunday but I want everyone on the forum to know what a great asset to the forum this member is and a great friend.

Hoping to have FANG operational again this weekend. Just have to install the Bags, Baker Air Wings, Madstad windshield and Sway bar. Man I haven't been this excited since I purchased the spyder -- its like I am getting a whole new spyder.

Again much thanks to ERAGS and DocRags for all their help. Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders Rule.

P.S. Am waiting for my Corbin back rest and a Nelson Rigg tank bag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FANG View Post
    All mod in from suppliers -- came hme yesterday to find the Sway Bar at the house. ERAGS has been the main driving force in installing the mods for me. Last Sunday we got started and we were able to complete the installation for the - fender tip lights (amber), ticled - fender lights (white-red), Angel eyes, RT shocks and Glo-Ryders (white). ERAGS has also been trying to find out why my accent light that were previously installed were not working and in the processes has rerouted alot of the wiring so that grounds are in one location and the wire bundles are neated and hidden as much as possible.

Took the saddle bags and sway bar by his house last night and today he is going to start the prep for the bag light install and the triple play. I know he had not been feeling well since Sunday but I want everyone on the forum to know what a great asset to the forum this member is and a great friend.

Hoping to have FANG operational again this weekend. Just have to install the Bags, Baker Air Wings, Madstad windshield and Sway bar. Man I haven't been this excited since I purchased the spyder -- its like I am getting a whole new spyder.

Again much thanks to ERAGS and DocRags for all their help. Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders Rule.

P.S. Am waiting for my Corbin back rest and a Nelson Rigg tank bag.
    Bill,

Looking forward to seeing Fang all dressed and now, I have to go outside to see if my large oval Corbin Backrest is still there.

Brian.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Bill,

Looking forward to seeing Fang all dressed and now, I have to go outside to see if my large oval Corbin Backrest is still there.

Brian.

Good one Brian -- Went over to Ed's last night and we (I should say he) was putting the finishing touches to everything. He wants to tweek the Baker Air Wings today. So, I am not sure if I will get FANG back tonight or wait until Saturday - weather and I have to check with my daughter to see if they can give me a ride to Ed's so I can ryde FANG back. Look forward to meeting up with you soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got a great start on the mods yesterday - fender tips lights, tricled lighting installed; shock and glo riders on; bags are supposed to arrive today and then it will just be waiting on the sway bar.

Ed is the master - he has really worked hard to ensure that the lighting is functional and even has some nice features to the wiring that adds to the bike. He is also checking all the wiring for my accent lights which have not worked in a while (since I took it in for a servicing) he has re-routed the wiring and redone the ground. what a great friend.

I want to thank Cheryl for the great lunch yesterday - soup was fantastic.

Hopefully all will be done soon! I will post photos after we get it all done.

Thanks again Ed and Cheryl.
    It's looking good, Fang! I might just have to take it out for a spin!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations on all the mods, it is an enjoyable part of ownership, to make it your own...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default It is Done

The Fang is ready for the Road, had to remove one strip of accents lights that was shorted out and it all works now too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bill,

Looks like Ed has you ready to rock and roll, that is if you can get it away from Cheryl. Checking the weather it looks good for Saturday with temps in the mid 70s and looking forward to getting together sometime.

Ryde Safe,

Brian

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bill,

Looks like Ed has you ready to rock and roll, that is if you can get it away from Cheryl. Checking the weather it looks good for Saturday with temps in the mid 70s and looking forward to getting together sometime.

Ryde Safe,

Brian
    Yea Brian - it is all done -- I do have a Nelson Rigg Tank Bag and my Corbin Backrest still to come in but I will be picking up FANG today. My daughter is coming over and we will ride over to Ed's today and I will ryde it back. I still need to apply my pin striping to the bag panels so that will be done this afternoon or tomorrow depending on when the forecast rain settles in later.

Will have to get together soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yea Brian - it is all done -- I do have a Nelson Rigg Tank Bag and my Corbin Backrest still to come in but I will be picking up FANG today. My daughter is coming over and we will ride over to Ed's today and I will ryde it back. I still need to apply my pin striping to the bag panels so that will be done this afternoon or tomorrow depending on when the forecast rain settles in later.

Will have to get together soon.
    Guess I better get moving if I'm going to take FANG out for a spin! Thanks for the warning about your arrival day... Maybe I should change FANG's name to DOCFANG! Two Spyders in the garage looks good...even if it does cut down on ERAG's workshop space!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Guess I better get moving if I'm going to take FANG out for a spin! Thanks for the warning about your arrival day... Maybe I should change FANG's name to DOCFANG! Two Spyders in the garage looks good...even if it does cut down on ERAG's workshop space!

Could DocRags and Erags become a 2 Spyder household someday? DocRags, did you ever go for your Motorcycle Endorsement? I do believe I saw a post about you wanting to get it on your license but, not with a two wheeler. I do know FL now has a 3 wheeler course and you can take the test on your Spyder.

Bill, you better get over there soon! I think DocRags is making plans for Fang.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Could DocRags and Erags become a 2 Spyder household someday? DocRags, did you ever go for your Motorcycle Endorsement? I do believe I saw a post about you wanting to get it on your license but, not with a two wheeler. I do know FL now has a 3 wheeler course and you can take the test on your Spyder. :thumbup:

Bill, you better get over there soon! I think DocRags is making plans for Fang. :roflblack: :yikes:
    Well, I got FANG back home and boy was it a great ryde. I was so impressed with the handling. Sway bar and RT shocks really make a difference. All the mods are great I enjoyed the ryde so much today. I know I will probably want other additions in the future but for now FANG is exactly what I have wanted. Thanks again to ERAGS for all the work he did on FANG I know I couldn't have done this without his help.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think Docrags would look great on a new RTS!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smartin436 View Post
    I think Docrags would look great on a new RTS!!!!

..................Red?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yup......

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Was able to take a few pics yesterday lighting not great will get others when we finally see the sun again.