Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Jacking Up the Spyder

What jack does everyone use to lift your Spyder? Do you lift the entire Spyder or does it just lift the front? Can you use jack stands for the front tires once lifted? Thanks to everyone for all your help through the year. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I use jack stands too

I do the same thing as Lamont but I am never happy with the way the bike rocks on mine so I use jack stands too to keep it stable. There are two metal brackets in front of the foot area that I put one under each and then near the rear tire there is a little happy spot to put another and it is stable for working on, or at least in my opinion (I have been told that that is all that counts, or that it is all I care about, first wife but I digress). If you don't think it is stable enough to work under while torquing on a nut that won't break free you should reconsider the set up and adjust as you see fit.

IMG_1184.jpg
    The one in the front is not touching but close just in case something happens, but more it is out of my way.
    Last edited by JCSMOKE; 12-29-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Related question (which may have been answered in earlier threads, if so just point me there): I would like to put my RT on some dollies to roll it sideways in the garage so my wife can put her car back inside the garage as well (restoring domestic bliss, etc. etc.). If one only has a regular auto hydraulic jack rather than the type shown by Lamont above, are there specific lift points on the RT one should use to jack up each corner to put a dolly under each wheel?

Thanks!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got a Sears Craftsman ATV/Motorcycle jack that works just fine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Radguy View Post
    Related question (which may have been answered in earlier threads, if so just point me there): I would like to put my RT on some dollies to roll it sideways in the garage so my wife can put her car back inside the garage as well (restoring domestic bliss, etc. etc.). If one only has a regular auto hydraulic jack rather than the type shown by Lamont above, are there specific lift points on the RT one should use to jack up each corner to put a dolly under each wheel?

Thanks!
    Yes, just make sure your on the frame underneath and you'll be fine. I do the same thing when I put jack stands under ours. You'll see the frame beams underneath. There is one that runs down the middle.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hrbeta View Post
    I got a Sears Craftsman ATV/Motorcycle jack that works just fine.
    Me, too.
    Dan

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Yes, just make sure your on the frame underneath and you'll be fine. I do the same thing when I put jack stands under ours. You'll see the frame beams underneath. There is one that runs down the middle.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Default jackin

sears yellow and aluminimmmm atv jack
    do not use snowmobile dollies the machine will fall off.
    use furniture dolly and blocks, right where lamont put the atv jack, and you can push it around