Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Colorado Ryde 2012 ?????

While the ryding season in Colorado may not be the longest, Colorado sure is one of the top destinations for almost any kind of ryding you can imagine.

In my opinion, July and August are our best ryding months.

We now have two paved roads that go up to over 14,000 ft and thousands of miles of sweepers, twisties and OMG roads...
    There are also enough flat out curveless roads here in Colorado that will make you swear you are still in Kansas, too!
    One thing for sure, it is hard to beat the views... once you are in the heart of the Rockies!!!
    The Colorado Spyder Ryders would like to invite all Spyder Ryders (and friends of) to come out in the summer of 2012 and ryde with us!

We will have:

Short rydes (less than 100 miles r/t; front range canyons/Black Hawk Central City/Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods)
    Medium length rydes (100 - 250 r/t; example - Rocky Mountain National Park/Winter Park)
    A couple of long rydes (250 +; example - Independence Pass/Aspen/... perhaps a 3-day trip to Durango/Telluride or Moab for those who have the time)
    Group activities, great places to eat and more.

I was involved with something like this with another group that started 10 years ago (the VTX riders) and we had riders from over 30 states join us (the local group still continues this event).

The feedback we are looking for, is when would be the best time for Spyder Ryders??? We don't want to conflict with the other regional events already planned. We are aware of the Spyderfest in April and Ryde to the Redwoods in early August.

Please feel free to post your input or send it to coloradospyderryders@gmail.com

G

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default colorado

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    While the ryding season in Colorado may not be the longest, Colorado sure is one of the top destinations for almost any kind of ryding you can imagine.

We now have two paved roads that go up to over 14,000 ft and thousands of miles of sweepers, twisties and OMG roads...
    There are also enough flat out curveless roads here in Colorado that will make you swear you are still in Kansas, too!
    One thing for sure, it is hard to beat the views... once you are in the heart of the Rockies!!!
    The Colorado Spyder Ryders would like to invite all Spyder Ryders (and friends of) to come out in the summer of 2012 and ryde with us!

We will have:

Short rydes (less than 100 miles r/t; front range canyons/Black Hawk Central City/Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods)
    Medium length rydes (100 - 250 r/t; example - Rocky Mountain National Park/Winter Park)
    A couple of long rydes (250 +; example - Independence Pass/Aspen/... perhaps a 3-day trip to Durango/Telluride or Moab for those who have the time)

I was involved with something like this with another group that started 10 years ago (the VTX riders) and we had riders from over 30 states join us (the local group still continues this event).

The feedback we are looking for, is when would be the best time for Spyder Ryders??? We don't want to conflict with the other regional events already planned. We are aware of the Spyderfest in April and Ryde to the Redwoods in early August.

Please feel free to post your input or send it to coloradospyderryders@gmail.com

G

A few years ago I rode my BMW on a 2 day event that crossed 10 passes and climed over 100000'. Started in Denver, overnighted in Ourey and ended up in a resort in New Mexico. What a ride!!!!!!!! Just a thought. BTW, I started out in lower Alabama.

Spyder Garage

I agree with you about Colorado. It's a great state for motorcycling, bicycling, fishing, photography - all the things I'm passionate about. My wife and I are planning on spending 3-4 weeks out there this summer with our motorhome. We'll be using Steve Farson's new book, The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado to help us find some great roads, including a lot of unpaved roads. Due to our desire to go off the beaten track we'll be traveling with our BMW GS this year. We'll keep track of your plans as it would be great to meet up with a bunch of Ryders!
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The main event for Spyder ryders in the July August timeframe this past year was Spyders in the Adirondacks July 28-30 and then Spyders in the Redwoods, approx Aug 2- 5th... so the middle of the period you mention can be very busy on one coast or the other.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Count in Florida x-Press

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    The main event for Spyder ryders in the July August timeframe this past year was Spyders in the Adirondacks July 28-30 and then Spyders in the Redwoods, approx Aug 2- 5th... so the middle of the period you mention can be very busy on one coast or the other.
    That's good feedback. As you probably know, some will go to one, both or neither.... and most people from either coast (some will) won't venture as far as Colorado.

If like other riding events here, most participants will come from the mid-section of the country.

What do you think about connecting it to the 4th of July holiday perphaps the weekend after???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Count in Florida x-Press

Woo Hoo!!!! We have our first participant!!!!

Do you think connecting it to the 4th of July holiday perphaps the weekend after, might work for you???

Spyder Garage

You might want to wait till BRP post the date and location for next years owners event. That should be posted this month.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You might want to wait till BRP post the date and location for next years owners event. That should be posted this month.
    Nothing will be set in stone till at least Feb...

Now, what can I do to get you to come out? I have a couple of roads I want to show you!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I will be going there on the way back from SpyderFest to visit friends and also take on 5 passes and get my HAM Patch from the CC Riders. gotta take a pic at the elevation sign of 5 passes over 10K feet. Hopefully the snow clears off the road well enough by the first week of May.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    I will be going there on the way back from SpyderFest to visit friends and also take on 5 passes and get my HAM Patch from the CC Riders. gotta take a pic at the elevation sign of 5 passes over 10K feet. Hopefully the snow clears off the road well enough by the first week of May.
    Could be tricky, but at least you'll have three wheels!!! Do you know which passes you are aiming for yet?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm in Albuquerque, NM and would love to get together for a ride. As a matter of fact, I may know a couple of others that would be game, as well. I also have family in Colorado Springs, which I could use as a staging area. Just let me know, bro. I'm still exploring New Mexico, I have ridden to Colorado before, and would love to continue exploring to the north!

Best,
    --ABQ

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    I'm in Albuquerque, NM and would love to get together for a ride. As a matter of fact, I may know a couple of others that would be game, as well. I also have family in Colorado Springs, which I could use as a staging area. Just let me know, bro. I'm still exploring New Mexico, I have ridden to Colorado before, and would love to continue exploring to the north!

Best,
    --ABQ
    I may be passing through the Albuquerque area Thursday on the RT... what's the weather like???

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Colorado Ryde 2012

Any summer month is AOK in CO. Spent June,July and August in CO this year.
    Ryding is awesome! Planning to start ryding thru in UT, in April 2012, then AZ, NM, CO to follow.
    Would like to join some Spyder Ryders in CO next year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

High mountains and low humidity-Perfect location-count me in. Montrose to Durango to Cortez to Telluride

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    I may be passing through the Albuquerque area Thursday on the RT... what's the weather like???
    Right now there are a few inches of snow on the ground, but the roads are fine. It's supposed to be in the 20's but sunny and beautiful on Thursday. If you're up for a cup of joe or want to grab lunch, let me know! smilie_essen_083.gif
    You can email me at raspurgeon@hotmail.com. I work right off the highway, so it would be easy to meet up! Banane2.gif

Best,
    --ABQ

spydern.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Count me in. I would love to see Colorado at ground level. From Lamont's comment above, he may be trying to tell us something regarding the location of the BRP Owner's Event.

If the event will not be in Colorado (which I think it should - giving the west coast ryders a chance to attend in more numbers than the previous events), how about late August early September? It would be hot getting there, but what a way to "cool" off!
    Last edited by ntxYguy2009; 12-06-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default colorado ride

we will be out there in august. will be meeting up with riders from the motor cycle tourers forum. they put on several rides a year. a great bunch of people. all bikes are wellcome. check out their site. you may just want to tag along with them. did i mention they are a great bunch of people and put a lot into there rides. hope to see you there.

bob

QUOTE=GnA;396052]While the ryding season in Colorado may not be the longest, Colorado sure is one of the top destinations for almost any kind of ryding you can imagine.

We will have:

G[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ntxYguy2009 View Post
    Count me in. I would love to see Colorado at ground level. From Lamont's comment above, he may be trying to tell us something regarding the location of the BRP Owner's Event.

If the event will not be in Colorado (which I think it should - giving the west coast ryders a chance to attend in more numbers than the previous events), how about late August early September? It would be hot getting there, but what a way to "cool" off!

Even mid to late September CAN be great ryding here! Depending on when the first frosts hit the high country... the colors and the golden quaking aspens can be well worth the trip!!!! We'll wait a while and pick a date after the BIG NEWS comes out.... but I think Lamont is just referring to not picking the same date. It would be great if there was a national BRP event here, but I wouldn't bet on it... too far for too many to travel. Come on BRP make me eat my words!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    Right now there are a few inches of snow on the ground, but the roads are fine. It's supposed to be in the 20's but sunny and beautiful on Thursday. If you're up for a cup of joe or want to grab lunch, let me know! smilie_essen_083.gif
    You can email me at raspurgeon@hotmail.com. I work right off the highway, so it would be easy to meet up! Banane2.gif

Best,
    --ABQ

spydern.jpg

Hey ABQ - Thanks for the invite, but I think I'm going to head west first through Durango and then south.... the roads are looking okay and it will save me about 75 miles. But, let's keep in touch and get some rydes going in '12. I love ryding the Taos area and the enchanted circle! Thanks again...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ride colorado

i will be going to my family reunion in the black hills s.d. in middle june next year. after that i would like to visit my sister in colorado springs. would enjoy riding with someone who can show the sights off. keep me posted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great riding in CO. We were snowed out of Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park (RMNP) in early July but returned to ride it during early Sep. For a flat-lander from the midwest, words cannot describe how awesome it is! Did US550 from Durango to Grand Junction in in both July and Sep, too. Couple of mornings were a bit frosty at higher elevations on the Sep run.

Any who hasn't taken the opportunity to see CO is missing a great state full of great scenery and friendly people.

p.s. The HAM patch from the CC riders is earned for going over five 10K foot passes. What do they give for riding 8 miles above 11K feet? and that's just part of Trail Ridge Road in RMNP

Good luck with your plans!!!

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    Great riding in CO. We were snowed out of Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park (RMNP) in early July but returned to ride it during early Sep. For a flat-lander from the midwest, words cannot describe how awesome it is! Did US550 from Durango to Grand Junction in in both July and Sep, too. Couple of mornings were a bit frosty at higher elevations on the Sep run.

Any who hasn't taken the opportunity to see CO is missing a great state full of great scenery and friendly people.

p.s. The HAM patch from the CC riders is earned for going over five 10K foot passes. What do they give for riding 8 miles above 11K feet? and that's just part of Trail Ridge Road in RMNP

Good luck with your plans!!!

Wayne

From my place... you can ryde 5 - 10k passes in just about 3 hours... Trail Ridge Road is an especially great ryde on the week days, when everyone is at work!

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Colorado ryde

In '08 I rode my Bonneville America to visit my brother in Longmont. Maybe, '12 would be a good year to revisit him on my Spyder. When the dates etc. get decided on, please post on this forum.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Put me on the list!!

I am definitely interested in joining up with a longer ryde. Keep me posted. Thanks.