Threaded View

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    What size clamp?
    Honestly, I have no clue. We went with a larger than needed clamp, & I cut off the excess after we tightened it as tight as we could get it, & just to be safe, we put a small piece of tape over the end that we cut off, just to make sure it doesn't scratch the black plastic of the top dash, in case I did adjust it all the way down. Used it today going to work in a heavy downpour & I couldn't tell it was broke. Worked like a charm. Sorry I don't know the exact size to tell you, but it just needs to be large enough to fit over the entire metal mechanism. It takes a little bending a wiggling to get it in there just right, but once you do, tighten it, then cut off the excess & tape the end, your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    So much for the theory "They redesigned it in 2011 to make it better"......................
    Teds Red Sled IS a 2011 model, that is true. Someone posted that the part #'s are different, so I'm not sure why they would be different if they didn't change them Unless they meant that the part #'s are different for the wind-shield itself, cause as we all know, the shields ARE different. I'm not so sure about the metal adjustment mechanism in question tho & after looking at mine closer, it actually has another crack in it, besides the one that has broken through
    IMG_20111203_154637.jpg You see it towards the top there, its cracked, looks like an old crack, half way thru
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-05-2011 at 12:00 PM.