Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Jacking up the Spyder

WhaTs the best way to get your Spyder off the ground? I've been putting a jack from my pickup under the bars next to the front wheels to get them up, but that doesn't aid in adjusting suspension, and I don't see any way to get the rear wheel off the ground, which I need to do to complete my led installation.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    WhaTs the best way to get your Spyder off the ground? I've been putting a jack from my pickup under the bars next to the front wheels to get them up, but that doesn't aid in adjusting suspension, and I don't see any way to get the rear wheel off the ground, which I need to do to complete my led installation.
    Haven't tried to jack front of syder. There is a flat spot on swing arm that will easily jack rear tire.

Spyder Garage

Smile

On my RT I can use my Harley Jack or I drive it up on my vehicle ramps. Both work well for me.

Spyder Garage

I use a motorcycle jack, too. It's a tight fit getting it under the Spyder, but once there it raises all 3 wheels off the ground.
    Dan

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Please, please, please don't jack the Spyder up by using the A-arms! It doesn't take much to bend one, and you can't adjust to compensate for it. Replacement of the A-arm would be necessary. Do yourself a favor and buy a low-profile atv jackm or drive the Spyder up on some boards to raise it enough to use a conventional floor jack under the frame.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    .... Do yourself a favor and buy a low-profile atv jackm or drive the Spyder up on some boards to raise it enough to use a conventional floor jack under the frame.
    Thanks Scotty, went shopping (via the web) and see reconditioned Craftsman ATV jack for under $100. Looks like a good Christmas wishlist item.

Spyder Garage

See http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?14601-Lifting-the-RT&highlight=jack

I bought the yellow jack from Sears http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...2&blockType=G2 and am VERY happy with it. Fits easily under and lifts the RT easily and level. Under Spyder clearance is an issue to consider and this jack has a 3.5 inch minimum height.

Just pay attention to jack placement suggestions in the first thread. After lifted I use jack stands as shown while working.
    Last edited by kinggeek; 11-27-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

do Your self a favor if you plan to do your own work spend 700 on a pro lift to drive on and get the bike sicciors jack the sell. yea lot of bucks but when most of these are 20 g rang it not that much + they work well for mowers and other stuff.

Make sure you get the extensions or place a 3/4 to 1in sheet of ply on then so you have the room you need

Cant tell you how nice it is to sit on a stool and be able to have the bike at what ever working ht you need. If you dont have air they make electric for the same cost