Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Little Gremlins!

Dave;
    If I remember right, yours was one of the first Rt's. Hopefully, since a bunch have been produced since yours was, they have the solutions to "Trash the gremlins". Good luck!

John

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Dave;
    If I remember right, yours was one of the first Rt's. Hopefully, since a bunch have been produced since yours was, they have the solutions to "Trash the gremlins". Good luck!

John
    Yep, one of the Pre-production models. I have my fingers crossed.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me, how quickly Carlo can materialize, without even a request for assistance, whenever a rash of poor press abounds.........

Yet other, quieter, or less visible members

And those that are feeling ignored, perhaps should pay attention to this little exercise.........
    Yep, Too late for me,
    But in all reality once i lost trust in the [my] Spyder nothing would have convinced me to keep it.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Could be just you and me left soon Forrest! And I'm not too sure about you!

Could be a good thing though, then I could quit the soap series and no one would notice!

I almost agree with you Ron... we will most likely be the last of the spyder litter.

To stop the series would be like chopping some fingers off or not riding in the wind.

Spyder Garage

Default Hate to Leave the Spyder Culture

Sorry to hear about your problems but I also feel your pain. I just hate having to admit that my Spyder does not seem like it will ever be functional. Its a wonderful concept and if you get lucky and get one that works then good for you, but if you are like us and instead of Spyder lovers become Spyder sufferers its not so much fun. I have had mine almost a year and have only managed to put 1900 miles on it between constant limp mode events. It has either been in the shop or waiting to go the shop not working most of the time since I have owned it. If fact its there now and has been for the last couple of weeks. It took me a while to face the fact that my RT is just no good, never has been, and I don't think ever will be. I don't even know how I could sell it. I know I could not in good faith sell my problem to someone else. I would not want to do to someone what BRP has done to me, that is sell a machine for a very high price that does not do what it was intended to do, and that is simply to go down the road. I really do not want to leave the Spyder culture and there is really no other motorcycle product that I want, but I also have had to realize that I am stuck with an RT I can't use, trust, or sell. I just wish it would work. Good luck with the GW.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Could be just you and me left soon Forrest! And I'm not too sure about you!

Could be a good thing though, then I could quit the soap series and no one would notice!
    Don't quit we would notice. Were not going anywhere either.

Sorry to hear Dave. But do understand!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got a nice call from Carlo yesterday giving me updates on my Spyder. It was very unexpected, but really boosted my faith that they will find the gremlins. Been riding the Busa a little, and really forgot what acceleration felt like....LOL Might change the clutch tomorrow so I can do some speed runs while the Spyder is in intensive care.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thankyou Carlo for stepping up.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    ....so I can do some speed runs while the Spyder is in intensive care.
    2 Spyders down in Clearwater....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    2 Spyders down in Clearwater....
    Huligans keep tearing them up. I wonder if anyone makes a 3-wheeled vehicle that is Huligan proof _... _ _ ._ _ maybe?

Spyder Garage

Huligans keep tearing them up. I wonder if anyone makes a 3-wheeled vehicle that is Huligan proof _... _ _ ._ _ maybe?
    Made in the USA
    http://www.v8choppers.com/sp_series.htm

Bike shown with optional features
    Available Motors
    350 CI 300 HP
    372 CI 430 HP
    400 CI 520 HP
    Measurements
    Overall Length 134"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This has been an absolutely intriguing thread. I'm in the same boat, Dave, and tomorrow I'll be unloading my RT-S for two wheels. I love the Spyder and this move breaks my heart. When I picked up my RT today at the dealership, I talked with the service manager, who, after I mentioned that I'll be getting rid of my Spyder tomorrow, actually told me "I don't blame you and would do the same if I were in your shoes!" Scarey, eh?!?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Made in the USA
    http://www.v8choppers.com/sp_series.htm

Bike shown with optional features
    Available Motors
    350 CI 300 HP
    372 CI 430 HP
    400 CI 520 HP
    Measurements
    Overall Length 134"
    WOW, now for the turbo on it for Doc, and off to the salt flats he would go

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slybird View Post
    This has been an absolutely intriguing thread. I'm in the same boat, Dave, and tomorrow I'll be unloading my RT-S for two wheels. I love the Spyder and this move breaks my heart. When I picked up my RT today at the dealership, I talked with the service manager, who, after I mentioned that I'll be getting rid of my Spyder tomorrow, actually told me "I don't blame you and would do the same if I were in your shoes!" Scarey, eh?!?
    I am hoping they can figure out the few issues I have. Like I said, none were real big, but I like perfection and reliability. So far, all is looking pretty good.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Update

Finally back home and went to check on my Spyder. They checked everything, wiring etc, replaced the battery and have been checking it daily. No loss of voltage. SO, either it was a bad battery from the start, or they tightened up something and corrected the issue. As far as fuel smell issues, they replaced the canister and i will give it some good rides to see if the smell comes back. Many thanks to Carlo for the updates and to WestCoast Powersports for allowing the spyder to sit in thier shop for all of the time I was gone. I will pick her up tomorrow and give her a workout. I really did enjoy riding the Busa before i went to work though. Nothing like brute acceleration, perfect brakes and suspension to make the ride enjoyable. HMMMM, maybe a 3 wheeled BUSA.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I love my Spyder...the novelty...experience of riding something out of the ordinary and the pure enjoyment...I've never had one problem with it and will continue the experience...regardless if it takes sorting thru the problems that may come up...each to thier own...I'm a patient fella.

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that all is worked out, that means you are not going to give up your RT!

That picture might just happen then

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like photo time at Spyderfest.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont. Love riding the spyder, just not the other things that come with it. Hopefully the GW will fill the spot I need. I do know I will never trike the GW. Went that way once in 2006 and it was a mistake. Thats what brought me to the Spyder in the first place.
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Mine didn't come with those other things! 2010 RT-S SE5 23000 miles still have the same front tires. Good luck with GW. Hope it brings you many enjoyable miles.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear it sounds like they got things sorted out for you Dave. I definitely hope it stays that way.