Spyder Garage

Default Last Chance to get Firstgear Thermo Suit at LOW Price - $139 Delivered!

The Pre-season sale on the Firstgear Thermo Suit ended Friday, September 30th. The current price delivered is $159.00.

I have all sizes in stock, Small to 3XL (see sizing chart below). If you would like to order just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com or PM me here at Spyderlovers.

If you need help with sizing let me know. We have been very successful in getting the right size the 1st time. I can exchange for fit if necessary.

Thank you to everyone here for such great support of the vendors. There will be a lot of Spyderlovers in Thermo suits this winter (and other Firstgear warm weather gear).

You can see the Thermo here - http://www.firstgear-usa.com/Textile...CSSThermo.html

Men’s Jacket Sizing Guide
    REGULAR
    If your chest measurement is:
    34-36
    38-40
    42-44
    46-48
    50-52
    54-56
    58-60
    If your waist measurement is:
    28-30
    32-34
    36-38
    40-42
    44-46
    48-50
    52-54
    If your sleeve measurement is:
    32.5-33
    33.5-34
    34.5-35
    35.5-36
    36.5-37
    37-37.5
    37.5-38
    Your size to purchase is:
    S
    M
    L
    XL
    2XL
    3XL
    4XL

I carry the full line of Firstgear products. Here is a short list of some gear that you may be interested in. You can see all the Firstgear products here - http://www.firstgear-usa.com/

Firstgear Jackets
    Expedition Suit - $379.00 Delivered.
    Scout Premium Leather Jacket - $299.00 Delivered.
    Kilimanjaro Jacket - Closeout $169.00 Delivered (Limited to Men's Sm, Md & 2XL and several Women's sizes)
    Kilimanjaro Jacket New 2012 version $239 Delivered (Due in stock end of month)

Heated Gear
    Gloves
    Carbon – $137.00
    Rider – $109.00
    Passenger – $97.00

Jacket Liner
    65w & 90w (Men's, Women's)– $162.50
    Pants (Men's, Women's) – $138.00

Socks – $46.50

If you get heated gear it is highly recommended that you get one of the Heat-Troller units to adjust temperature. I carry these as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Heated Gear
    Pants
    TPG Escape (Discontinued Version) limited sizes – $165.00
    TPG Escape (Current Version) all sizes – $295.00
    Mesh Tex 2.0 (Discontinued Version) Limited sizes – $59.00
    Mesh Tex (Current Version) All Sizes – $142.50
    H/T Over Pant – $187.50
    H/T Air Over Pant – $187.50
    SP Leather Tour Over Pant $189.50
    HT Over pant shell (not to be confused with the H/T Over Pant) – $139.00
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-02-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

The price of this Firstgear Thermo suit went back to $159.00 delivered last night. But it is still a great deal. You won't stay this warm and dry for any less.

Thanks again for all your support!

Custom Spark Plug Wires are coming!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you BajaRon

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The price of this Firstgear Thermo suit went back to $159.00 delivered last night. But it is still a great deal. You won't stay this warm and dry for any less.

Thanks again for all your support!
    I just want to add that even at $159.00 it is still a great deal. My local bike shop wants $189.00 (Firstgear's suggested retail price) plus tax of $14.72 for total price of $203.72. I saved $64.72 by buying from Ron, and even at his regular price I would still have saved $44.72. The only drawback is I had to wait four days to get them (ordered late Saturday night and UPS delivered Wednesday afternoon), but since it is still hot I was not in a hurry and did not need them right now. My only suggestion is to go to a store and try them on to get the correct size, as I was not sure what size to get. Ron (thru emails) gave great help, but going to the store was the best thing for me to do because it eliminated any chance of error. All I can say is great customer service for a great product.

Blue Star (Robert)

P.S. Ron did not give me any discounts for this posting.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I just want to add that even at $159.00 it is still a great deal. My local bike shop wants $189.00 (Firstgear's suggested retail price) plus tax of $14.72 for total price of $203.72. I saved $64.72 by buying from Ron, and even at his regular price I would still have saved $44.72. The only drawback is I had to wait four days to get them (ordered late Saturday night and UPS delivered Wednesday afternoon), but since it is still hot I was not in a hurry and did not need them right now. My only suggestion is to go to a store and try them on to get the correct size, as I was not sure what size to get. Ron (thru emails) gave great help, but going to the store was the best thing for me to do because it eliminated any chance of error. All I can say is great customer service for a great product.

Blue Star (Robert)

P.S. Ron did not give me any discounts for this posting.
    Thanks for the post. It helps others decide if the Thermo is for them or not.

I've had several ask if the other Firstgear cold weather gear (jackets, pants, gloves and heated gear) pricing went up. Only the Pre-Season sale price on the Thermo suits went up. Everything else in the Firstgear line remains the same price as before the Thermo sale.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default just my 2 cents . . .

. . . I bought a Firstgear Thermo Suit soon after I bought my Spyder - winter of 09. It has turned out to be the best riding gear investment I've made. It extends my riding season ( here in New Mexico ) to almost all year - there are only a few days a year when it would be just plain stupid to ride. ( I know, I've tried and proven that. )

The big thing for me is safety - riding in cold weather and getting cold is dangerous. Your reaction times drop, attention wanders and hypothermia sets in. My Firstgear suit takes care of that and really takes me into a warm comfort zone. On real cold days - under 30, I wear my electric vest - to be honest, I seldom have the vest on if it is above freezing - and with the suit, I have never turned it up above low.

Also, with the suit - I find I don't use the electric gloves as much - usually a good pair of windproof gloves and a warm body will work just fine - as long as you don't grip the handlebars to tight and cut your hands circulation. I keep my heated gloves under the seat, though - just in case I get caught out by the night on a ride - the temps really drop fast here after dark in the late fall and winter.

If you do a lot of cold weather riding, once your body is warm there are a few other things that will get cold. The biggest problem I encounter is the helmet - fog and then frost on the visor is no fun - especially when it is both inside and on the outside. My old helmet would also start making creaking sounds when it got around 25. The anti-fog treatments seem to work fine, but if you walk inside a heated area that has any level of humidity - your whole hemet can turn white with frost in a second.

But, the Thermo Suit works like a charm - and I swear you cannot get the material dirty - mine looks as good today as the day I bought it and I've never cleaned it. And, for me, it is comfortable to wear - the fit is good, doesn't bind - permits a full range of motion, and is not bulky or clumsy. The sizing guide worked perfectly for me. Note that it will add some padding to your bottom - you will sit higher on the Spyder than you usually do.

The only negative I have is the time that it takes to get in and out of it - getting out is faster. Add to that if you have a electric vest and gloves - playing with the wiring is a royal pain. If I am dressed and ready to go - I consider it will take me 15 minutes to put the suit on (and boots) and be going out the door. ( you won't want to spend a lot of time standing around in a warm house with this suit on - - and make sure your keys, cash, drivers license, phone and any credit cards you might use are not in your pants pockets - that is why they put that big pocket on the outside )

The bottom line for me is this suit really works, feels and looks great. At this point the sale price is gone, but this is the best price I have seen one being sold at. If you think you want to ride in cold weather - really consider this.

Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Tom in NM;379026 The bottom line for me is this suit really works, feels and looks great. At this point the sale price is gone, but this is the best price I have seen one being sold at. If you think you want to ride in cold weather - really consider this.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Did my first ryde today with my suit, and at 60 degrees and 75 MPH it was nice and warm. Just have to learn how to put it on real fast when inside because it got hot really fast.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is this suit good for temps in the mid 30's?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good for it?? MADE for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Mid 30s and lower!

Quote Originally Posted by dilyles View Post
    Is this suit good for temps in the mid 30's?
    Absolutely and even a lot lower especially if you wear just a fleece underlayment. It is a great suit and really glad I bought it and have one coming for my wife this Friday, just in time for a ride Saturday.!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dilyles View Post
    Thanks!
    I've still got all sizes in stock ready to ship for $159.00 delivered. Just PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

A great suit! Many people are riding these into the 20's with just base clothing underneath.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I've still got all sizes in stock ready to ship for $159.00 delivered. Just PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

A great suit! Many people are riding these into the 20's with just base clothing underneath.
    Santa's list sure is getting long..... I'll be in touch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just emailed you to see what sizes you have...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Just emailed you to see what sizes you have...
    I am out of size Small but I have a good supply of Medium ~ 3XL in stock.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Love mine, 28deg this morning. I don;t have to be to work untill 8:00am left at 6:30 just to ride some. Nice and worm