Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default YRYDE in Colorado

Just a quick update on my travels out west. Left Negaunee, MI on Thursday and drove to Granite Falls, MN the first night. Ran into rain along the way and skirted some thunderstorms along the way. On Friday we made it as far as North Platte, NE. Was it ever hot--95. Usually in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan we don't have these higher temps and it really tired me out. By Saturday, we made it as far as Estes Park, Colorado and stayed at a KOA. We camped out and it was very comfortable at 7,000 feet. On Sunday, we took the scenic byway along highway 7 and made it through a town called Golden and ended up at a friend home in a town called Parker, CO.

The switchbacks and the twisties are a blast on a Spyder. Snow at 9,000 feet. We will be camping at some of the national parks along the way. Not many people have ever seen a Spyder--whenever we stop for gas it takes at least 30 minutes because of all the questions people have. I have just experienced some of the most majestic scenery today and we are just getting started.

YRYDE

Spyder Garage

Default Re: YRYDE in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by YRYDE
    Just a quick update on my travels out west. Left Negaunee, MI on Thursday and drove to Granite Falls, MN the first night. Ran into rain along the way and skirted some thunderstorms along the way. On Friday we made it as far as North Platte, NE. Was it ever hot--95. Usually in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan we don't have these higher temps and it really tired me out. By Saturday, we made it as far as Estes Park, Colorado and stayed at a KOA. We camped out and it was very comfortable at 7,000 feet. On Sunday, we took the scenic byway along highway 7 and made it through a town called Golden and ended up at a friend home in a town called Parker, CO.

The switchbacks and the twisties are a blast on a Spyder. Snow at 9,000 feet. We will be camping at some of the national parks along the way. Not many people have ever seen a Spyder--whenever we stop for gas it takes at least 30 minutes because of all the questions people have. I have just experienced some of the most majestic scenery today and we are just getting started.

YRYDE
    How long are you going to be traveling? Where else do you plan to go? If you get a chance, share some photos with us too. Be safe and have fun. See you in Aug.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

:2cool: That sounds like fun, well except for riding in 95 degree temps. Golden, Colorado.... for some reason that name sticks in my mind, from some TV show or commercial or something?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Golden Colorado is the home of Coors beer. I would guess that is where you have heard of the town. The Colorado School of Mines is there also but is not as famous as Coors!