Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in the Redwoods 2011 was a HUGE success!!

To those who missed it, the first annual Spyders in the Redwoods rally in Eureka, CA was an astronomical success!! The rally was planned in 4 short months and nearly 100 people attended the gathering.

When we arrived on Monday, August 1st, the day before the official start of the rally, there were already nearly 30 Spyders in the parking lot at the Red Lion Inn in Eureka. By Tuesday afternoon there were over 65 Spyders and motorcycles in the parking lot of the host hotel.

Early day weather in Eureka was the typical foggy and overcast conditions that plague the Pacific northwest coast. But by the afternoon it was sunny and warm. Everyone was smiling and so happy to be there. On Wednesday morning, riders gathered at a local gas station and headed out on a 55 mile ride down through the Humboldt Redwood Forest via the famed Avenue of the Giants, followed by a trip through the Shrine Drive-Thru Tree in Meyer Flat.

After the big group ride, smaller group rides broke off and went every which way, including one group that made a trip down to Highway 1 and Ft Bragg, nearly 4 hours away from Eureka. Others headed north and invaded the small coastal town of Ferndale for lunch at the Victorian Inn.

Wednesday evening, riders gathered at the famous Samoa Cookhouse in Samoa for a group picture and a group meal. I have to say, dinner for 85 was the largest dinner bill I've ever paid! We had TONS and TONS of great raffle prizes donated by various Spyder dealerships, members, and vendors. After dinner, everyone headed back to Eureka to pack for their next day departure.

On Thursday morning, riders gathered sporatically at the Chalet House of Omelettes for a farewell breakfast, many others stuck around to get more riding in. By Friday around noon, everyone was gone except us. We took our time getting home and reminisced about the week and looking forward to Spyders in the Redwoods 2012.

More photos and information can be found on our Spyders in the Redwoods Facebook page.

Here is the group photo from the dinner.

2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

RT-S PE#0793
    Spyder Garage

Glad that the event was a success.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, and that pretty red RT in the picture is MINE.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

So glad all your hard work was for such a good reason. We have missed you here. You have been working so hard on the event that you haven't had much time for us. It's nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the great picture and the fine summary of your event. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    Oh, and that pretty red RT in the picture is MINE.
    So, you've been holding out on us, eh?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No two ways about it, it was a ball. I was very pleased to be a sponsor and look forward to doing it again next year. Thanks for all your hard work SpyderGirl.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    So glad all your hard work was for such a good reason. We have missed you here. You have been working so hard on the event that you haven't had much time for us. It's nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the great picture and the fine summary of your event. Well done!

So, you've been holding out on us, eh?
    I hope to have more time now to check the boards and post. It was a lot of hard work, but it really paid off and everything went as smooth as butter. Thanks to all of the sponsors and volunteers that helped me make it successful.

As far as the RT goes, we just picked it up two days before Spyders in the Redwoods. We already have almost 1,400 miles on it and it's only been a week and a half.

Don't worry, I still have my 2008 GS.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

While I can't name off all of the people I saw working this event, I know Katlyn, Geoff, Ken, and the others did a fantastic job ... I still can't get over it... I'm already planning for next year's. The folks in Ferndale seemed to appreciate us a great deal, with lots of questions and positive comments Even the CHP we passed on the freeway was happy to see us (judging from his ear-to-ear grin!! I've said this already, but I accomplished many firsts during Spyders in the Redwoods, the most important was getting to ryde with other Spyders!! no... I had never done this before, and it was great fun for me!! Looking forward to next year!!!

on!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    While I can't name off all of the people I saw working this event, I know Katlyn, Geoff, Ken, and the others did a fantastic job ... I still can't get over it... I'm already planning for next year's. The folks in Ferndale seemed to appreciate us a great deal, with lots of questions and positive comments Even the CHP we passed on the freeway was happy to see us (judging from his ear-to-ear grin!! I've said this already, but I accomplished many firsts during Spyders in the Redwoods, the most important was getting to ryde with other Spyders!! no... I had never done this before, and it was great fun for me!! Looking forward to next year!!!

on!!
    Glad we were able to accomodate you accomplishing your firsts. I am really looking foward to next year... but first... I am looking forward to a break from the planning for a while.

Now to sort through pictures and video.....

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Putting together rides can be a very nervous adventure. But the rewards are worth it.

Sounds like things went smooth as silk. Would love to see the Redwoods...someday.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank You BRP for the great dinner...

Yes the Redwood event was a GREAT success...the dinner was wonderful and when they announced that BRP was funding the dinner that was soooo appreciated by me and I am sure others. Thanks Spydergirl, your helpers and BRP...successful 1st annual...looking forward to the 2nd annual!!!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for organizing this event in the Redwoods, Forrest and me we both have a very good time in Eureka. See you next year for sure, maybe on the Spyder for a change! Another year, another engine! AYAE

Spyder Garage

I just want to add that Katlyn and Jeff did a great job of putting this rally together. Debbie and I had a great time and plan to make it a yearly event. The rides were beautiful and the Spyder community is a wonderful bunch of folks. My hat is off to you.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Thanks for organizing this event in the Redwoods, Forrest and me we both have a very good time in Eureka. See you next year for sure, maybe on the Spyder for a change! Another year, another engine! AYAE
    Hopefully next time your Spyder will be able to finish the trip with you.

Take it easy Doc.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post
    I just want to add that Katlyn and Jeff did a great job of putting this rally together. Debbie and I had a great time and plan to make it a yearly event. The rides were beautiful and the Spyder community is a wonderful bunch of folks. My hat is off to you.
    Just wanted to echo the other comments above, thanks Katlyn and Jeff. We had a great time . We went on to S. Oregon before we went home. Ended up putting over 1200 mles on .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AntelopeSpyder View Post
    Just wanted to echo the other comments above, thanks Katlyn and Jeff. We had a great time . We went on to S. Oregon before we went home. Ended up putting over 1200 mles on .
    So glad to hear you had a great time and put some miles on your Spyder. We also logged close to 1,200 miles on our trip.... the RT went WAY past it's 600 mile service during that trip.

See you guys around, maybe at a SRA SF / SAC joint ryde.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Deanna and I had a wonderful trip to and from, and met many great folks at SITR. Loved the big trees and hope it's a yearly event.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Deanna and I had a wonderful trip to and from, and met many great folks at SITR. Loved the big trees and hope it's a yearly event.
    That's the plan. We are looking at July 30 - August 2, 2012 for next year's dates.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    I'm glad everything went so well. I really had hoped to be there but it just didn't work out in the vacation time allotment. I'm really happy that you already have a tentative date for next year and I just plugged that into the calendar.
    We'll be happy to have ya Mr. Orange. Just call me Mrs. Purple.... LOL!

Spyder Garage

Spydergirl, you guys did a great job and I'm so glad to be part of the first one. It was also my first week of retirement and what a great way to spend it. Thanks again see ya on the next ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redlightron View Post
    Spydergirl, you guys did a great job and I'm so glad to be part of the first one. It was also my first week of retirement and what a great way to spend it. Thanks again see ya on the next ride.

It was a great pleasure to get to know you Ron. Were you able to repair the wire damage to that light? Let me know if you ever have any problems with them.

Hope to see you again real soon. Don't be a stranger.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like we have already have the dates for the 2012 event.... the dates will be Monday, August 6 - Thursday, August 9, 2012.

Spyder Garage

Yes I did in Redding that night and works great. See ya soon I hope and say hello to Jeff for me. Redlightron

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redlightron View Post
    Yes I did in Redding that night and works great. See ya soon I hope and say hello to Jeff for me. Redlightron
    Glad to hear it.... message has been relayed. He says "hello" too. Take it easy and see you around soon.