Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When you get a route planned out post it, if time allows I'll try to at least ride a day or so?

Jim

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm only about 20-30 minutes from your I-24 route in Southern Illinois. I could actually give you a much prettier, less traffic congested alternate route through Southern Illinois that would take you right through Murphysboro where I live - home of the World Famous 17th Street Bar-b-que. It's only about 4 hours from you which I know is hardly getting started for you, but depending on what time you would be coming through, would love to meet-up (maybe at the Kentucky border of I-24), ride you through some good So IL secondary roads and treat you to lunch before you hit the road again. You can eat what's been voted the best bar-b-que in the US, get a quick massage in the chiropractic grade massage chair we have, even take a quick dip to cool off in the pool if you want! Would like to meet Spyderpops, too.

Spyder Garage

The plan right now is to ride to Kansas City on Sunday and meet Harvey and maybe Len from CowTown and then roll into Rapid City on Monday. It would be a two day trip.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mo...xxA&mra=ls&z=6

Spyder Garage

Lamont,

I remember that picture you posted.

It was from the day we were riding up to Mount Rushmore and we all stopped on that hill to get some photos.

I remember that's the day you first noticed your clutch was starting to slip because of the different oil you used in the change just before you came out there.

That was a fun ride even though my hips were sore by the end of the day.

I remember you took us through Custer State Park and Needles Highway, that ride we took together with you and Jody is something Patti and I will always remember.

Jody will be leaving with the rig on Sat and get into Rapid City mid day Monday the 1st.

Patti and I will be flying in Tuesday the 2nd and get there mid day ourselves.

We'll be set up at our usual spot at Balckhills HD, so stop on up we'd love to see ya.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 07-24-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Lamont,

Jody will be leaving with the rig on Sat and get into Rapid City mid day Monday the 1st.

Patti and I will be flying in Tuesday the 2nd and get there mid day ourselves.

We'll be set up at our usual spot at Balckhills HD, so stop on up w'd love to see ya.

MM
    You bet Bro. Maybe we can get a ride in after hours

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We were there last year and spent a couple of nites in the Econo Lodge, in Keystone, and 3 nites at the Comfort Inn in Rapid City. Both were nice places to stay.

Had a little get together yesterday in the Little Rock area and talked to Harvey. He said ya'll were headed to Sturgis, after a trip to Maggie Valley. Have fun and enjoy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Safe trip to all heading to Sturgis.... we'll be heading to Spyders in the Redwoods instead.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Hooking up with Harvey this morning at Wheels Through Time if you're out and about. Making our plans for Sturgis

Spyder Garage

My wife and i are going to be in Sturgis from the 7th to te 12th. Gotta get together.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TLesky View Post
    My wife and i are going to be in Sturgis from the 7th to te 12th. Gotta get together.
    Flag us down if you see us. I think Len from Cowtown will be there now and Big Joe from Kewlmetal too.

Spyder Garage

Lamont, Not able to do Sturgis this year, but John and I are planning on week after Sturgis for next year. I noticed you are going through STL to Kansas City. I know we have a MOGANG ride on Saturday, but if you have any idea of where you will be in STL area on Sunday on way to KC, I could maybe meet up with you guys and ride a bit.... maybe all the way to Columbia. Would be good to see you again. John and I live just minutes off of I70&I64 near Lake St Louis exit. Let me know.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Lamont, Not able to do Sturgis this year, but John and I are planning on week after Sturgis for next year. I noticed you are going through STL to Kansas City. I know we have a MOGANG ride on Saturday, but if you have any idea of where you will be in STL area on Sunday on way to KC, I could maybe meet up with you guys and ride a bit.... maybe all the way to Columbia. Would be good to see you again. John and I live just minutes off of I70&I64 near Lake St Louis exit. Let me know.
    MOGANG ride on Saturday, let me think about that one. Maybe I'll take off Friday ride with you guys on Saturday and then head out Sunday to meet SpyderPops in Kansas City. Let me talk that over with the planning committee.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    MOGANG ride on Saturday, let me think about that one. Maybe I'll take off Friday ride with you guys on Saturday and then head out Sunday to meet SpyderPops in Kansas City. Let me talk that over with the planning committee.
    Sounds great. Just got text from Len that you will be riding with us on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you and riding with you again. Tis going to be a hot one. I have ordered a hydration vest and hope it arrives in time for Sat. See you in a few.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Lamont..............we will be looking forward to seeing you on Saturday for the MoGang ride. We will try to keep the temps in a reasonable range

Spyder Garage

Default I would recommend to all spyderlovers to check rates at the Blackhills State Universi

I recommend spyder lovers look to the Blackhills State University which is located in Spearfish for a dorm room for two adults at $365 for the week. Spearfish is like 8 miles on 90 from Sturgis so it is a short ride.
    Down side are no drinking on their property, State Troopers 24/7, and smokers need to go outside.
    But for those rates I am in.

Spyder Garage

Red face Sturgis

My wife and I will be there from 7th to the 13th. We stay near downtown in the thick of things.Anyone want to hook up give me a shout.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nater1 View Post
    I recommend spyder lovers look to the Blackhills State University which is located in Spearfish for a dorm room for two adults at $365 for the week. Spearfish is like 8 miles on 90 from Sturgis so it is a short ride.
    Down side are no drinking on their property, State Troopers 24/7, and smokers need to go outside.
    But for those rates I am in.
    Been there, almost done that. The place was trashed when we got there. The toilet was ripped out of the bathroom, there was no air conditioning, the bunks were trashed, there was no place to setup my laptop and the last straw was I couldn't connect to the internet to do my work so it was off to find a hotel.