Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hope you heal fast. I'm getting a good laugh out of all the ex comments. My went down with my youngest son on back in May. I went to the hospital like a good girl but believe me it was only for my son's sake. Ex had broken ribs and in pain but I was totally apathetic. All I cared about was my son was OK!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GI Jane View Post
    Hope you heal fast. I'm getting a good laugh out of all the ex comments. My went down with my youngest son on back in May. I went to the hospital like a good girl but believe me it was only for my son's sake. Ex had broken ribs and in pain but I was totally apathetic. All I cared about was my son was OK!
    At least your honest!!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Not riding

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    I am so bumed out right now. I was out early yesterday morning washing my spyder at 5:00am and getting ready to take a ride for the day in the North East area of Vermont. Well, I needed to go in the house and slipped and fell to the ground. While trying to prevent myself from falling I lunged forward and in the event I sprained and tore my right leg hamstring muscle. I was in a lot of pain. No one was home at the time. I had all I could do to climb my stairs to get into the house. I threw myself on the couch and suffered with the pain for a while. I then had to manage to get to the phone and call my ex-wife where my 16 year old son was staying in Alburgh VT near the Canadian border which is about 45 minutes from where I live. They came up asap. When they arrived I was is too much pain to move off the couch, so my ex had to call 911 to get me on an ambulance to the hospital. To make a long story short I will be layed up for a while and will need some recovery time. I may not be a ble to ride the spyder for most of the rest of this summer. I'm able to walk some with the help of crutches, but it's slow moving around. I do have an appointment to see an physical therapy doctor tomorrow and have therapy sessions done for this injury. I must say I will miss riding the Spyder and not being able to do much of anything else! I don't sit around very easily and I usually like to be active. This really sucks!
    I can relate to what your are saying about not being able to ride your spyder.
    I had my left knee replaced twice. Now this knee is bothering me. I haven't been riding since the middle of june. The second knee was put in August 2010. In sept 2010 zimmer knee co recaled all the zimmer nex gen. I don't know what they are going to do about this knee. Good luck and I hope you heal soon.
    Last edited by woodchuck; 07-13-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: mispeled word

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That sux Get well soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Get well soon. Our prayers are with you. Be sure to do your PT so you will be able to do your three wheel PT soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear of your accident - hope things go well quickly. Speaking from the experience of breaking my right leg in February, you will find that you are much more invested in doing PT with the idea of getting back on the Spyder quicker! No joke - on the days that I was tempted to fluff through the second and third hours of at-home therapy, I'd remember that might mean an extra day (or week) of not riding and would hit it hard again! It did pay off - I was able to strap the walker on the back and use my cast to push the brake pedal so was able to enjoy Spyder rydes by April. Just last week I actually was able to ride my BMW as my leg/ankle is now strong enough to hold the bike at stops and also hold to put down a kick stand. Tomorrow I plan to try a ride on my new Ducati Diavel which has been waiting in the garage for me since May - think I'm ready to try it!
    So I wish you well and encourage you to do your PT and hold onto the dream of getting back on the Spyder soon! Good luck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So very sorry to hear about your accident. My husband had 3 separate injuries with surgery over the past 3 years. (Almost one every year!) He wanted to heal quickly so he followed EVERY bit if his PT! He did ALL of the homework assignments that his therapists gave him to do and then did them double! His nick name is now SUPERMAN because of the super quick way he heals. We know it is because he was serious about PT. Follow everything they tell you to do. If you work hard you may be out there riding sooner than you think! Good luck. I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Oh man that really blows but on the good side there will be a next ride in your future! Having a goal will help in the recovering process. Keep up your PT when you get to that point and you will be back on the soon. Feel well soon!

Spyder Garage

I just never would of thought that washing the Spyder to keep it clean and shiney would of led me to not being able to ride it. Man, I wish I just would of rode it the way it was that day. But, I can't look back now. It is what it is.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ooooohhhh, you're right. Next time I'm tempted to clean my Spyder I'm going to remember your tale of pain and just ryde, not clean! (I do that mostly anyway - now I have a reason).

Spyder Garage

Well, I'm new here, but I am a nurse and could not pass this thread without sending you healing wishes... not to mention, I too am on the couch trying to heal enough to ride before our NY sun turns back to rain again. Picked up my spyder on Saturday and had a great ride home, then helped with my son's fundraising car wash and got 2nd degree burns on the tops of my feet. Ugggh. Havent been on her since. So from one person resting and healing to another, I am sending you healing thoughts

Lisa K