Thread: beeping

hotmanali

Default beeping

So i'm a bit confused and i know i'm crazy but not insane.

I have an 09 SM5 and i have never heard the thing beep for any reason. I know the 10' and newer beep if you don't put the parking brake on. but the other day i turned the ignition on and off and on again for something and it beeped at me. I can't reproduce it and i have no idea why.

Anyone have any take on this???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default beeping

Quote Originally Posted by hotmanali View Post
    So i'm a bit confused and i know i'm crazy but not insane.

I have an 09 SM5 and i have never heard the thing beep for any reason. I know the 10' and newer beep if you don't put the parking brake on. but the other day i turned the ignition on and off and on again for something and it beeped at me. I can't reproduce it and i have no idea why.

Anyone have any take on this???

Maybe you found the secret beep test mode.......

Freebob...

Spyder Garage

My 08 does the same thing. Never worried about it. Maybe it's because it wanted to run and was disappointed.

john

Spyder Garage

Sounds like another glitch from the mysterious inner workings of the computer. If it happens only occasionally and does not give you a message--I would not be to worried.

If it happens regularly--I would document when and where and then speak to the dealer about it.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yeah i get that sometimes as well . when it happened i was like WTF what did i break now !!!! glad to hear im not the only one . mine happens when i flip the key on and off quickly the gauge cluster lights up and nothing else . Maybe if we read our manuals it may help us huh ?

hotmanali

I would read the manual but i never got one. Dealer ordered one for me so i'm waiting for it.

Running joke every time i go over there i check out the new spyders and always ask my sales guy "but does this one come with a manual?" apparently i'm the smart @ss

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotmanali View Post
    I would read the manual but i never got one. Dealer ordered one for me so i'm waiting for it.

Running joke every time i go over there i check out the new spyders and always ask my sales guy "but does this one come with a manual?" apparently i'm the smart @ss

Operator's Guides are available online here. http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/S...2fdefault.aspx

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Beep

i also have an 09 GSM. I too have gotton the mysterious beep. It usually comes when I turn the key on off and on. Don't make a habit of
    doing that, but sometimes old age creeps up on me and I forget why I am
    sitting on the in full ryding gear with sun glasses on and turning the key. Oh yeah, to RYDE.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have an early '09 and it beeps anytime the parking brake is engaged and the engine is turned off. You may have a bad switch but I wouldn't complain the beeping drive me nuts!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    I have an early '09 and it beeps anytime the parking brake is engaged and the engine is turned off. You may have a bad switch but I wouldn't complain the beeping drive me nuts!
    09 se5, it beeps like its supposed to when i shut off the key, if you put on the park brake it will shut up the beeping.
    If yours is beeping when you put your brake on your spyder is messed.. Or the way you explained it is messed up