Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Love the Power commander v

Well all you that have helped me in that past with my running issues thanks to all the input. I for the FIRST TIME since I owned my bike can say WOW what a ride. I installed the new pcv today and drove it home the dealer that i bought it from said they would install the map i needed so after i gave them my mods list i got it nexted dayed. like I said hooked it up and not to much difference VERY dissapointed so came home loaded software up and went out bike hooked labtop up and here they loaded the wrong map in it. So I loaded correct map into the unit. took it for a ride and I have a flying spyder. So nice having it run so good. still needs alitte playin with but NO POPPING ON DECEL. and pulls like a cheetah. I sounds so different when deceling nice and smooth. SO way to POWER COMMANDER. God knows its been a long time coming. For those who dont know i had a regular JB and was not worth anything imo. O I am so and as well as

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

great to know, I am kicking around getting one of these.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

setho best decision I have made to date with the bike. I rode about 150 miles today and it was such a blast no hesitation and balls out with out even trying. Its so hard to believe what alittle dialing in did. I pulled the plugs when installing the pc and they were WHITE. So that conformed lean conditions as well you wont be sorry.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My research tells me this is only good for 2009' and up, PC offers no opinion or data for 2008' models. So if you try Seth let me know, I think us 08' owners are screwed on this one

Jim

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post
    My research tells me this is only good for 2009' and up, PC offers no opinion or data for 2008' models. So if you try Seth let me know, I think us 08' owners are screwed on this one

Jim
    I talked with DYno jet who makes pcv ONLY REASON 08 is not listed is they never tested on a 08 but as far as I know ever 08 is wired the same and intakes are same and so forth mine is working GREAT over 800 miles in last week running strong as ever

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lonnibdd View Post
    I talked with DYno jet who makes pcv ONLY REASON 08 is not listed is they never tested on a 08 but as far as I know ever 08 is wired the same and intakes are same and so forth mine is working GREAT over 800 miles in last week running strong as ever
    Sorry Bro but to be clear yours is a 2008 GS

If so that is flippin awesome

So please confirm it is a 2008 GS and is it a se5 or sm5?

Thanks
    Jim

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well all you that have helped me in that past with my running issues thanks to all the input. I for the FIRST TIME since I owned my bike can say WOW what a ride. I installed the new pcv today and drove it home the dealer that i bought it from said they would install the map i needed so after i gave them my mods list i got it nexted dayed. like I said hooked it up and not to much difference VERY dissapointed so came home loaded software up and went out bike hooked labtop up and here they loaded the wrong map in it. So I loaded correct map into the unit. took it for a ride and I have a flying spyder. So nice having it run so good. still needs alitte playin with but NO POPPING ON DECEL. and pulls like a cheetah. I sounds so different when deceling nice and smooth. SO way to POWER COMMANDER. God knows its been a long time coming. For those who dont know i had a regular JB and was not worth anything imo. O I am so and as well as

What map are you using? Is it the download from the website or did you tweek it? I'm running two bro duel CF and stock air box soon to be kewlmetal intake. Jus installed my PCV with wide band 2 O2 sensor lastnight didn't get to test drive yet but sounds like you got your tuned in just right.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post
    Sorry Bro but to be clear yours is a 2008 GS

If so that is flippin awesome

So please confirm it is a 2008 GS and is it a se5 or sm5?

Thanks
    Jim
    yes it is a gs and it is a sm5 and i got it with the wrong map downloaded in it so i loaded it off there site and then another member sent me his map which he tweeked in using his afr gauge and it seems to be really really close sooooooooo much better than before.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yes it is a gs and it is a sm5 and i got it with the wrong map downloaded in it so i loaded it off there site and then another member sent me his map which he tweeked in using his afr gauge and it seems to be really really close sooooooooo much better than before.
    Any way you can send me the map that the afr gauge was used on

hernand187@yahoo.com

Thanks