MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Fest thank you note

I would like to extend a huge thank you to all who attended Spyder Fest 2011. It is the
    people who attend that actually make an event like this a success. Especially the ones
    who endured hours of ryding through miserable conditions to get here, determined to be a part of this outstanding event. We were all able to meet with friends, and make many new ones. This is always the best part of Spyder events.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to the vendors who took a chance on this
    event. What a great group of people. I hope you are able to attend and support Spyder Fest in the future. You helped enormously in making Spyder Fest possible.

Of course there is a long list of organizers and volunteers to be recognized, and people
    behind the scenes that should feel proud. The seed that Gene, Joe, and Len planted a
    little over a year ago and was the inspiration that got it all started has grown
    exponentially into an event to be proud of.

My memory lacks the capacity to remember all of the names of the people I'd like to thank for making this event possible, so I won't make the attempt. Len and Vanessa, and their entire family (to include their yet unborn child, who I'm sure played some part in this. You two get busy for next year. We were all looking forward to a trip to the hospital. Maybe next year), Gene and Virginia, Joe, my fabulous wife Brigitte, Lee and Lily, the entire Cowtown USA crew, the mechanics and techs (OMG, the work they put in!!), Lamonster, the city and citizens of Cuba, Viva Cuba, and the Public Works Dept., Backpacks for Cuba, and all of you who showed up and made this event a memorable one. A huge thanks to the MO Gang for the planning and execution.

I don't know the final tally, but I'm sure that we easily doubled the attendance of
    Spyder Fest 2010.

Before I rabble on, I'd like to say that I had a great time. I heard a lot of great
    comments, some of which will be incorporated into next year's event, and I can't wait
    for Spyder Fest 2012.

Thanks again. Ryde safe.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

SpyderFest 2011 was AWESOME! It was great seeing everyone again...even you, G-Man!

Don't worry, my video of the caverns parking lot is safely tucked away in a secret location.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I concur with G-Man on this; what a great event! If you are familiar with my story, you know that I moved to the RT so that I could enjoy the Spyder in the company of my beloved. She was completely anti-motorcycle and MC culture before I began to ryde. To have her be one of the people who endured 7 hours in the rain and then tell me on the way back that she had a great time and was looking forward to learning to ryde and coming back for next year's event is a real tribute to all involved.

Thanks from a grateful Ohio Spyder Ryder COUPLE!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I would like to extend a huge thank you to all who attended Spyder Fest 2011. It is the
    people who attend that actually make an event like this a success. Especially the ones
    who endured hours of ryding through miserable conditions to get here, determined to be a part of this outstanding event. We were all able to meet with friends, and make many new ones. This is always the best part of Spyder events.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to the vendors who took a chance on this
    event. What a great group of people. I hope you are able to attend and support Spyder Fest in the future. You helped enormously in making Spyder Fest possible.

Of course there is a long list of organizers and volunteers to be recognized, and people
    behind the scenes that should feel proud. The seed that Gene, Joe, and Len planted a
    little over a year ago and was the inspiration that got it all started has grown

My memory lacks the capacity to remember all of the names of the people I'd like to thank for making this event possible, so I won't make the attempt. Len and Vanessa, and their entire family (to include their yet unborn child, who I'm sure played some part in this. You two get busy for next year. We were all looking forward to a trip to the hospital. Maybe next year), Gene and Virginia, Joe, my fabulous wife Brigitte, Lee and Lily, the entire Cowtown USA crew, the mechanics and techs (OMG, the work they put in!!), Lamonster, the city and citizens of Cuba, Viva Cuba, and the Public Works Dept., Backpacks for Cuba, and all of you who showed up and made this event a memorable one. A huge thanks to the MO Gang for the planning and execution.

I don't know the final tally, but I'm sure that we easily doubled the attendance of
    Spyder Fest 2010.

Before I rabble on, I'd like to say that I had a great time. I heard a lot of great
    comments, some of which will be incorporated into next year's event, and I can't wait
    for Spyder Fest 2012.

Thanks again. Ryde safe.

Spyder Garage

Kat was a reeeeal trooper & I give her major props! Even Tiff commented how brave & amazing she was to ryde in the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    I concur with G-Man on this; what a great event! If you are familiar with my story, you know that I moved to the RT so that I could enjoy the Spyder in the company of my beloved. She was completely anti-motorcycle and MC culture before I began to ryde. To have her be one of the people who endured 7 hours in the rain and then tell me on the way back that she had a great time and was looking forward to learning to ryde and coming back for next year's event is a real tribute to all involved.

Spyder Garage

WHAT AN AWESOME EVENT!!

We loved every single minute of it. Getting to know people from here, from the MOGang, & from Cowtown. The familiar air of community & family was amazing. I look forward to ALL the future rydes!

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post

SpyderFest 2011 was AWESOME! It was great seeing everyone again...even you, G-Man!

Don't worry, my video of the caverns parking lot is safely tucked away in a secret location.

I'll burn your house down!

Glad to hear you made it home safe. See you soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

G-Man,
    Nice to have you on the list of people I call friends. I hope to see you and your lovely wife somewhere down the line. Travel safe.

Billy

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post

You guys are all making me kick myself in the pants for not going this year. But come heck or high water I'll be there next year, fer sure. It warms my heart to hear about your story about your beloved. My wife, Kathy (MsKitty) has been trying to get into the MC mode for seven years but was always afraid of dropping the MC. Well, she took my RT-S for a short, tentative spin around the neighborhood last December. She now has over 4,000 miles under her belt on HER OWN RT-AC. Thank you, Can-Am!! If she's able to withstand the 4,000+ mile trip from Portland, Oregon to Cuba and back, she'll be at Spyderfest 2012, as well! Hope to see the both of you there in a year, my friend!

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

It sure was a great event,

So now we start planning for 2012!

I really enjoyed seeing and meeting everyone and a special Thanks for those Vendors who were able to make it. "A special Thanks to ISCI Billy for dedicating a song to us. You have a great voice, we both enjoyed it very much "

Some Guy! You better have that video tucked away , don't you dare tell on G-Man It might be worth something to you some day!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

hello
    If you start to organise for next year is it possible to control the date for easterholiday in europe than i realy know i bring more spyderpeople from belgium and france

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dol View Post
    hello
    If you start to organise for next year is it possible to control the date for easterholiday in europe than i realy know i bring more spyderpeople from belgium and france
    Hi dol! Was great to see you and to meet Maria

I will bring it to Len's attention at our meeting!

Thank-you very much for all and everything

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ISCI Billy View Post
    G-Man,
    Nice to have you on the list of people I call friends. I hope to see you and your lovely wife somewhere down the line. Travel safe.

Billy

Ditto here Billy. I am glad to have met you, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again for singing for us. That was great.

Spyder Garage

My HUGE problem.......
    I can count on two hands the people I met and remember meeting. I had so many that I WANTED to meet and I'm trying to figure out HOW I missed meeting them. There's GOT to be a better way for me (all of us) to manage that next year. I'm a software guy. I have 35 smart people that work for me. There's GOTTA be a way.

The issue is Screen Names vs. Actual names. Some I met, I only remember their screen names and some are the opposite. I REALLY want to sort that out in my pea sized brain
    Last edited by Phil; 05-02-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

My HUGE problem.......
    I can count on two hands the people I met and remember meeting. I had so many that I WANTED to meet and I'm trying to figure out HOW I missed meeting them. There's GOT to be a better way for me (all of us) to manage that next year. I'm a software guy. I have 35 smart people that work for me. There's GOTTA be a way.

The issue is Screen Names vs. Actual names. Some I met, I only remember their screen names and some are the opposite. I REALLY want to sort that out in my pea sized brain

While you are at it, figure out a way to plug an SD card in my ear. The names, faces, and screen names are all a blur. I need a brain transplant!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    :

While you are at it, figure out a way to plug an SD card in my ear. The names, faces, and screen names are all a blur. I need a brain transplant!
    Ok. I'm NOT A magician

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

Spyder Fest 2010.

for Spyder Fest 2012.

Thanks again. Ryde safe.
    Well said Don

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

with the original poster. This was an AWESOME event.

So many times when I've made many plans for something in the future or I've looked forward to a vacation, it turns out to be very disappointing and I've walked away a bit discouraged. But not this time. From the moment I found out about SpyderFest (in January this year), I totally engrossed myself in anything, have read tons of forums and posts, ordered or bought things I would need for the event, and finally I just really looked forward to the time I could actually go to Cuba and start meeting all the great people, see all the bikes, and go on rydes.

Then the day came and all I can say is WOW!!! I LOVED every minute of it. And am sad it's already over, though my body is telling me I need to recuperate (LOL).

I met the best people, made new friends, learned first hand about the mods of many different bikes, got a ton of tips on how to improve so many things on my among other things, and learned about the roads, curves, hills, and how to operate my Spyder better with each mile I drove.

The hard work of the behind the scenes, the preplanning of it all, and all the continued work during SpyderFest was totally the best and most organized I've ever seen ever!! Great job! I'm grateful for all you did for us. Super applause to you all and a thankful heart, too.

Can't wait for next year!!!!!

Again, thank you so much.
    Last edited by SpyderMeLucky; 05-02-2011 at 09:42 PM.