Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Henning, what kind of seat is that? Is it really low and easy to get on and off of?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

and we will be looking forward to welcoming your wife to the forum as well.

Trailblazer, to you to.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Henning View Post
    Hi

I am quite new here too, not posted so many replays, but I have read a LOT of the posts written here. This forum has been very helpfully to me to decide to buy one.

As you wife, I am born with Cerebral Palsy, the right side affected. So I did a lot research on the web, because I couldn't try an stock spyder. I needed the throttle and the foot-brake moved to left side before could try the spyder.

Therefore it was very important to do probably research. I want to thank Fred Rau for answered e-mail very fast and very honest.

So in the late summer, I bought 2009 Se5 and put the spyder in workshop for moving the brake and the throttle. It was gambling, I didn't know yet if I EVEN was able to ride it.

Now I have ridden a little bit,actually just few day before the snow came, and I did make it! I just need an solid backrest with lateral support. HUGE thanks to Mouthpiece (Chris Ray) who will give me a stock RT backrest pad for free!! This man so kind, I'am very gratefull!

Now it is winter here Norway, so I gonna use the winter to build the backrest and wheelchair mount.

I can't wait to try it again

and on the Spyder!
    I can't wait for you to try it again either! I hope all goes well and you will keep us posted on your further adventures!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey All,
    This is Trailblazer,Baphomet's wife, the one with the new blue (fastest) Spyder! ha!!! I'm not real fast yet, but I am accurate. This is a great place to learn all about the Spyder. I saw a lower flat seat that might work better for me, but don't know where I can get something like that. Then again, I like the way I sit so far and am getting 4 inch risers, so we shall see! Glad to be here.
    Last edited by Trailblazer; 02-10-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I spelled a name wrong

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice to meet you.

Welcome Trailblazer. Yes, a beautiful blue machine!!! Enjoy!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    Hey All,
    This is Trailblazer,Baphomet's wife, the one with the new blue (fastest) Spyder! ha!!! I'm not real fast yet, but I am accurate. This is a great place to learn all about the Spyder. I saw a lower flat seat that might work better for me, but don't know where I can get something like that. Then again, I like the way I sit so far and am getting 4 inch risers, so we shall see! Glad to be here.
    The lower, flat looking, seat is probably a Corbin. Many owners have them and like them a lot. I found the BRP Comfort Seat works very well for me. We also have a new sponsor on here that rebuilds stock seats. So, the good news is if you ever find the stock saddle to be uncomfortable you have quite a few choices.

Spyder Garage

and

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Henning, what kind of seat is that? Is it really low and easy to get on and off of?
    Hi Trailblazer

It is the Comfort Seat from BRP, very good and a huge upgrade from stock seat. I don't think that it is lower than the stock, and I think that the stock seat is easier to slide on and off. The comfoutrt seat is more "sticky" to the clothing.

In beginning, I used a lot of energy to get on an off on the Spyder, but eventually I found a method, and now I flying on and off

Henning

Spyder Garage

Hey All,
    Hi again

If the bike are to high for you, maybe the Kewlmetal air system will work for you.

See here :

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    and on the Spyder!
    I can't wait for you to try it again either! I hope all goes well and you will keep us posted on your further adventures!
    Thank you much, I really appreciate that you saying that Will post update.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome Trailbliazer,

I have 5" heliBar raisers. Those and my FloorBoards allow me to sit in an upright cruiser position. It's a great relief on my back and shoulders. Enjoy your ride, it's made a wonderful impression on my life.

Ride in Comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards.com

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome all

Welcome you will end up really enjoying your rides as you get used to them. Just traded my silvrer moon 08 SM5 for 2011 /Alloy Orange RSS. That is the new fastest. Anybody want a good bike go to Motorsports of Tampa they have my grey/black one and I never had the troubles everyone else seemed to have. But I did put 21400 miles on it for the 2 years I owned it
    2013 RT Yellow
    2013 RST Yellow
    2011 RSS Metallic Orange / Flat Black
    2010 Limited Edition # 11 Black
    2008 RS SilverMoon
    2014 Black Current Rt Limited

[SIGPIC]SIGPIC] Happy Owners

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Henning View Post
    Hi

I am quite new here too, not posted so many replays, but I have read a LOT of the posts written here. This forum has been very helpfully to me to decide to buy one.

As you wife, I am born with Cerebral Palsy, the right side affected. So I did a lot research on the web, because I couldn't try an stock spyder. I needed the throttle and the foot-brake moved to left side before could try the spyder.

Therefore it was very important to do probably research. I want to thank Fred Rau for answered e-mail very fast and very honest.

So in the late summer, I bought 2009 Se5 and put the spyder in workshop for moving the brake and the throttle. It was gambling, I didn't know yet if I EVEN was able to ride it.

Now I have ridden a little bit,actually just few day before the snow came, and I did make it! I just need an solid backrest with lateral support. HUGE thanks to Mouthpiece (Chris Ray) who will give me a stock RT backrest pad for free!! This man so kind, I'am very gratefull!

Now it is winter here Norway, so I gonna use the winter to build the backrest and wheelchair mount.

I can't wait to try it again

I hope your riding brings you great joy.

As my Irish grandad would say: "Good man, yourself."

Hall

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    I hope your riding brings you great joy.

As my Irish grandad would say: "Good man, yourself."

Hall
    Thank you, Hall! I counting every day forward to spring

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Welcome all the newbies!!!!You will really get an earfull when you ask for help on this site!!! In the meantime as you can see by my avatar that I have both the SE5 and RT-S both semi auto. Have over 14000 on my "baby corvette" se and JUST getting the RT broken in at 2000 ++mi. ON the both when it comes to shifting I do the up and let the bike do the down, change on the throttle? Goose it and GO!!! Have used the down shift REALLY fast if need in a hurry to help stop, and she takes it with a grain of salt. Haven't broken anything yet. Did stall it once( the se5) tried to get into 2nd WAY before it had enough speed. Dumb mistake.. didn't know I was in the wrong gear. Really easy to hit the paddle and get into another gear BEFORE one is ready to do that!!! Live and learn. You will have a blast with your "new" toys!!! They are a different breed!but sooooo much fun!!!!I listen to the motor and sorta look at the tac. Try to keep it in some sort of range NOT NEAR THE RED LINE like I think Doc and SethO do!!!! Anyway Welcome to the Spyder Lovers gang!!! ThreeFeet.

Spyder Garage

Default Off topic, but..

Anyone who know what kind windshield I got? I wonder if ESI up and out mirror willl fit? Ihave 7 inch riser, so i need extension.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    Our SE5 has the semi-automatic tranny and going though the gears and allowing the machine to downshift is not a problem, but me being used to doing my own clutching I cannot help but wonder if there is a technique to it which would make the shift up and/or down more smooth. I HAVE noticed that if I just slightly roll off the throttle during up shifting it tends to find the gear more smoothly, but I have found no technique at all for down shifting which prevents it from hitting the gears hard. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I might add that my wife, who will be the primary rider of Spidey, has Cerebral Palsy which gives her limited mobility in her legs ... so I might be asking about some mod ideas as the need arises. So far she has been able to hop and and ride this sucker with no real problem.
    I can only suggest that to get a smoother shift, don't change gears too early. Wait until AT LEAST 5,000 rpm on the way up the gears and if you don't mind down shifting yourself do it about 3,500 rpm. I often let the "auto" shift on the way down engage, it is still fairly smooth.

Check out the "Enabled Riders" folder for some great tips for us re-enabled riders. I am an above knee amputee (left) and now that I have the Spyder, notheing stops me.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Trailblazer and Spouse!! Yes Blue is cool but Black is bad *** I have the SM but I'm sure you both will find alot of ideas in modifiying your new set of wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the fun!

I just joined spyderlovers recently as well and I can tell you without a doubt that you are in the right place. Enjoy your new ride.