Spyder Garage

Default What a wonderful surprise!

I got a call tonight from Murph of Murphs’ Kits.com http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/ about the problems I was having trying to install the Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control. He has been able to get the company that made the Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control to start making it again. I have been on a lot of 2 wheel motorcycle sites and there are lots of happy rides that have this cruise control on their bike and are completely satisfied with it.
    The old Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Controls are going for over $300 on eBay if you can even find one.
    Anyway getting to my point, I went over the install with him and the first thing he ask me when I got done telling him was did I have Led brake lights. I told him yes and he told me that the Led lights mimicked the signal that the brake was being applied and that was probably why the thing was not working. He then pointed me to link on his site that would explain how to fix this problem and that he doubted that I have burnt anything up. He then told me that if I had any more problems after trying that to email him and he would get back to me and try and see what else it might be. This was a 30 minute call to a person that hadn’t even bought anything from him. In my books that is just about unheard of any more. I haven’t gotten a chance to work on the Spyder do to a ill wife but as soon as I can I will be fixing this cruise control thing and update you all.
    Thanks to you all for your helpful advise in trying to help me to get this cruise control working. Leo

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow. Way to go Murph! That is outstanding. Interesting as well about the LED lights being the possibe root cause. I sure hope that does it for you. Do keep us posted. Hope your Wife feels better soon.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

This is the solution:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Murph is a great guy and as honest as the day is long. I dealt with him on numerous occasions when I owned my Kawasaki Concours.

Cheers,

Bruce

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Murph is a great guy and as honest as the day is long. I dealt with him on numerous occasions when I owned my Kawasaki Concours.

Cheers,

Bruce
    Bruce,
    Glad to see you are still upright. Nice to have you make an appearance here. It's been a while.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 01-13-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    This is the solution:

Agreed and highly recommended. MUCH, MUCH SIMPLER than the complicated relay method.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Bruce,
    Glad to see you are still upright. Nice to have you make an appearance here. It's been a while.
    Thanks, Scotty! I do check on the forums regularly and pop in from time to time.

Best regards,

Bruce

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post

Cheers,

Bruce
    Bruce, nice to hear from you. How's the new bike treating you?
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

leoejr
    i have the Audiovox CCS-100. the only problem i have encountered is that the wire to the throttle came loose, an easy fix. i am now thinking of adding LED taillights

did Murph feel that this condition was caused by all LED's or just the type you installed on your spyder ?

which LED's have you installed ?

docdoru... in your reply..you write "this is the solution"...what is this ?

thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Bruce, nice to hear from you. How's the new bike treating you?
    Hi Deb! The Guzzi has been an awesome ride so far. I have about 12,000 km. on it now, and it has been a blast. I am going stir crazy right now with all the snow we have gotten. I am champing at the bit in anticipation of spring! Hope all is well with you. Does Brian still have his Spyder?

Cheers,

Bruce