Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default More RS windshield questions...

We're either going with Madstrad windshield with RoboBrackets or the CHAD setup.

• Will there be any interference problems with either adjustable 'shield on an RS equipped with Kewl Metal adjustable risers?

• In the all the way collapsed position, I'm assuming both brands of adjustable brackets hold the shield slightly off the body of the Spyder... leaving a gap. Any problems with rain blowing under the 'shield onto the rider?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the madstrad with 22inch tinted. No fittment issues for me other than it is to short even positioned all the way up. (with 4" risers)

If you interested in it I may sell it. It has less than 25 miles on it. How does 225.00 + shipping sound?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by patdcop View Post
    I have the madstrad with 22inch tinted. No fittment issues for me other than it is to short even positioned all the way up. (with 4" risers)

If you interested in it I may sell it. It has less than 25 miles on it. How does 225.00 + shipping sound?
    About how tall are you?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by millers1 View Post
    We're either going with Madstrad windshield with RoboBrackets or the CHAD setup.

• Will there be any interference problems with either adjustable 'shield on an RS equipped with Kewl Metal adjustable risers?

• In the all the way collapsed position, I'm assuming both brands of adjustable brackets hold the shield slightly off the body of the Spyder... leaving a gap. Any problems with rain blowing under the 'shield onto the rider?
    I have the Madstad with the KM adjustable risers. There is no interference. Probably the same with a Chad.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

6' but I am long waisted. I want the column of air to go over my head and not blast me in the face. I went with the brp 25 inch touring and it is 4" to short for me as well.

My madstrad is new, just didn't work for me. I would suggest you look or try someones before you buy mutiple shields like a lot of have.

Spyder Garage

No appreciable rain flies onto the rider with the Madstad bracket. At least not that I've noticed in about a year of riding with the Madstad RoboBracket.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by millers1 View Post

I have the ESI 4" risers and the Madstadt shield as well as the CHAD.
    There is no interference with either shield.
    I am 6' 0" and both shields stay out and away from the body of the Spyder to get minimal buffeting.
    With the Chad the rain will crawl up the shield and then pop off the top of the shield and onto the rider. The Madstadt does the same. None seems to come up between the shield and the body.
    Of interest, bugs will hit the body of the spyder and bounce off the spyder and then the inside of the shield and then onto the rider. This only an occasional bug as the vast majority hit the shield and bounce over the rider.

Spyder Garage

Default windshield

I went with the 25" ultra tour BRP had loads of head bobbing at 70+.
    Put on the Laminar lip solved all my air problems. But at 85 my wife said she felt like a bobble head.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife is 5'9" and all legs and we put the 23" brp touring on a madstad bracket and she loves it. Centered height, tuck the bottom all the way in, top all the way out so almost vertical. Nothing goes underneath (water or bugs)

I'm 5'9" and a 26" inseam so all body. I have the 22" madstad for about 400 miles now and I still adjust it almost every day.

When I put it all the way up and all the way out bottom and top it was dead air at all speeds. Works well, but it's way too high up and I hate looking through it when it's all the way up.

Right now I have it as high as it'll go all the way in at the bottom and halfway out at the top and it's not too bad up to about 75. After that the bobblehead gets to me. I did notice that your helmet makes a big difference. My HJC Symax bobbles side to side and makes quite a bit of noise at 80, but my Shoei Multitec is much more smooth. Still not perfect but it's acceptable for now.

Hope that helps some.