Default Night ryde

I'm south of Atlanta, smooth and dry.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool DocHave a safe rest of your journey

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default night ride

It was good to see the Fla. express again. Congrats to you and Forrest on the awards. Glad to hear that you're making good time heading home. I hope Forrest and Dave aren't too far behind.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    It was good to see the Fla. express again. Congrats to you and Forrest on the awards. Glad to hear that you're making good time heading home. I hope Forrest and Dave aren't too far behind.
    The rain stopped around 11:00 so we left..... stayed dry all the way home!

The rest of the Florida Express were about ready to leave also--- pretty sure they stayed dry....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Great to hear you guys travelled safely and stayed dry. Nancy and I left about 7 AM Chicago time. Stopped in Mundlein to get gas (station was closed) and a thundershower began. We put on our raingear under the canopy and headed out. Rain stopped shortly thereafter (of course). We steamed in our rainsuits under threatening skies until an actual gas stop closer to the big city. Took off the jackets and retained the pants. Took 94 through the city this time...no problems in Sunday traffic. Can't go to the big city without at least seeing the tall buildings. Stopped in Chesterton, IN, for gas and took off the rainpants. Some mean skies, but we stayed ahead of the rain all the way home, except for a brief shower near New Buffalo. Severe thunderstorms in Berrien county and tornado warnings in Van Buren county after we landed. I hope the rest of the travelers through Michigan rode safely. Looks like our friends from Traverse City got wet for sure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Great to hear you guys travelled safely and stayed dry. Nancy and I left about 7 AM Chicago time. Stopped in Mundlein to get gas (station was closed) and a thundershower began. We put on our raingear under the canopy and headed out. Rain stopped shortly thereafter (of course). We steamed in our rainsuits under threatening skies until an actual gas stop closer to the big city. Took off the jackets and retained the pants. Took 94 through the city this time...no problems in Sunday traffic. Can't go to the big city without at least seeing the tall buildings. Stopped in Chesterton, IN, for gas and took off the rainpants. Some mean skies, but we stayed ahead of the rain all the way home, except for a brief shower near New Buffalo. Severe thunderstorms in Berrien county and tornado warnings in Van Buren county after we landed. I hope the rest of the travelers through Michigan rode safely. Looks like our friends from Traverse City got wet for sure.
    We had about the same experience. We got a little wet when we first left at 7am. We took the 294 again and by the second or third toll booth, we were shedding our rain gear. Our Indiana contingent (Trickie Dick, 8LEGS and superfly3) headed south at I65 in Indiana and the rest of us (dltang, bjt, mxz600 and Lowell) continued on to Michigan. Stopped for fuel and a quick bite just inside the Michigan state line and MXZ600 split off from us shortly after that. Lowell continued on with Deb and I until we split off and took I69 the rest of the way home. For the most part we only had a few light sprinkles after we got out of the initial rain in Illinois. Once we hit the Durand exit on 69, it started raining on us and continued until we got a mile from home (about 20 minutes). By that time, we were too close to even think about stopping to put on any rain gear and we made it home no worse for the wear.

On a side note, it's time for me to get the new Kumho tire put on the Spyder as I was getting a little fishtail action in the rain. It was a little "exciting" when traveling at 75MPH.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Cool stuff, Doc!!
    Ryde Safe! Cheers from Newfoundland!!
    Dean

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    It was a little "exciting" when traveling at 75MPH.
    At that speed, you must have been a "state" behind Deb!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    At that speed, you must have been a "state" behind Deb!
    Nope, she was behind me. Seems like we have an unwritten rule that she mostly leads on the way out somewhere and I mostly lead on the way back. Maybe she only trusts my directions to home.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.