Spyder Garage

Default I guess a 4 week lead time for Corbin seats?

I just ordered a heated DualSeat from Corbin for my RT. I am skipping the passenger backrest, as I have yet to take the Mrs, for a ride.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin RT Seat

I usually complain about Corbin because of their long lead times and very expensive shipping charges. I orderd an RT seat on 5/5/10. Standard version w/ backrest--no heat--no Lamonster cut. It was delivered today (the 20th). Thats two week delivery folks. This is the best time span on a Corbin order that I have had. The installation took me about 1 hour from start to finish. All the parts were there, they fit, and it looks good. I have had experience installing the seat on my 2008 RS-- so it was not too much of a mystery.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Seat Lead Time

I also ordered one on May 5th and mine is supposed to be delivered Friday. I gave them a drop dead date for shipping due to a trip I am taking and they were very accommodating. I have been a Corbin fan for years.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default corbin delivery issues

I ordered April 13. Written confirmation of 2-3 week lead time. (ordered a heated seat and backrest)

Still do not have the seat. My credit card was charged the full amount (per their policy) on April 14-- and I have had to pay the bill already.

They have missed 2 promised ship dates so far.

Very nice people (I have had 3-4 Corbin seats)

Latest promise is to ship today (May 21) . I have been told that they have been backordered on heated seat elements--so if some people have ordered heated seats and received them since April 13th then somehow my order has been bypassed (they said that they do not move anybody 'up')

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Did you go with the standard seat or the Lamonster cut? I would love to see it in person when you get it. I am thinking of getting one but don't want to be moved any further back from the handlebars.

Spyder Garage

I went with the Lamonster Cut. I wanted the deeper seat. The position of the middle backrest is supposedly the same.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

I got word that Corbin is in the process of making the seat now. It should ship next wednersday. I _should_ have it by next weekend.

Roughly a 3 week lead time plus delivery.
    Other secret mods.

RT-S PE#783
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

MHO . . . . how ever long it takes . . . it's well worth the wait!
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if I go to the Florida shop can they modify my seat after it had been build, I want it deeper but also wonder if that means less padding for my you know what.

Spyder Garage

My understanding is that they are made in the extreem northern parts of Canada. It takes Ice Road Truckers to deliver it to you.

Your Mileage May Very.
    Other secret mods.