Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by q-brrr View Post
    I'm not sure butt...it seemed like our Spyder ran warmer when my exhaust down pipe gaskets were worn badly and leaking. O2 mixture was off?
    I replaced those when I had the update done. Still hot

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great idea! I would definitely like 2 kits, one for each of our Spyders.

Please post the details on how to order them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am also interested. It's going to get HOT HOT HOT this summer in the Bay Area. Hook me up.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Put me down for one. When will it be available.
    Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Put Me in for a kit also I've noticed mine running a little hotter after the updates.

Spyder Garage

I'm in for one.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

$20 mod that anyone can do and it comes with glue?

I'll take 2!

Spyder Garage

I'd like one kit too. Thanks for the great idea! (I love this forum!)
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default simple idea is always the best

will run to buy the material and do this mod before my long ride to the homecoming Spydercelebretion in Austria.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Id be interested as well!!

Spyder Garage

I should have asked REPOPS if he had enough sets to install them on Debbie and my Spyders when we were in Cuba. I liked the idea when he first told me about it last summer when we caravanned out to LA. Put me down for two sets also.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default The "MISSING AIR DAM" is ready to ship!

Thank You for your interest in the new “Missing Air Dam” for the Can-Am Sypder RS.

I apologize for not being prepared with a website to order these from. I installed 10 “Missing Air Dams” at the Spyderfest in Missouri and instantly they were a hit. I now have them ready to ship.

Send me an email: Harvey@repops.com and I will send you an invoice through PayPal and as soon as I receive payment it will ship. $20.00 PLUS SHIPPING ! The email will be from Harvey Clark.

Please make sure the address listed with your payment is the one you want it shipped to. I will be shipping by USPS, check your mail box!

Feel free to contact me by email with any questions using the subject of Missing Air Dam: Harvey@repops.com

Thanks again for your interest,

Harvey Clark
    SPYDERPOPSTM
    Last edited by SPYDERPOPS; 04-26-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You've got mail!

Thanks for making these, and offering them to us.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Very cool and useful modification by the sounds of things.
    2000miles is a pretty good test, also.

Do you have any other pictures of the mod to share? I would like to get more info on how it directs air through the rad instead around it.

Very cool, mod guys . I'm thinking about getting one, but not sure I really need it around here in Newfoundland. Although, summer we will be hitting 25-30C.

Would like more info if you can provide.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I ride in that too and I put one in mine, works great, thanks harvey, your the man.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    You've got mail!

Thanks for making these, and offering them to us.

Yup, thanks, Harvey. Add one more on your next post office run...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by REPOPS View Post
    Thank You for your interest in the new “Missing Air Dam” for the Can-Am Sypder RS.

I apologize for not being prepared with a website to order these from. I installed 10 “Missing Air Dams” at the Spyderfest in Missouri and instantly they were a hit. I now have them ready to ship.

Send me an email: Harvey@repops.com and I will send you an invoice through PayPal and as soon as I receive payment it will ship. $20.00 PLUS SHIPPING ! The email will be from Harvey Clark.

Please make sure the address listed with your payment is the one you want it shipped to. I will be shipping by USPS, check your mail box!

Feel free to contact me by email with any questions using the subject of Missing Air Dam: Harvey@repops.com

Harvey Clark
    SPYDERPOPSTM

Nice job Harvey! I'll be ordering one also. For $20 you can't go wrong.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

As I continue to rack-up the miles with this mod, I am amazed at how effective it is. How can something so small be so important? Never before have I seen three bars so much, even when the ambient temperature is in the 80's.

I wonder what miracle Harvey will come out with next?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default order the cooler

How do I get in touch with Harvey at RPM, Inc. to order?

Thanks,

Craig

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by craigclive View Post
    How do I get in touch with Harvey at RPM, Inc. to order?

Thanks,

Craig

Look a couple posts up for the order information. You just have to send him an e-mail and he'll send you a PayPal invoice.

2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I apologize for not being prepared with a website to order these from. I installed 10 “Missing Air Dams” at the Spyderfest in Missouri and instantly they were a hit. I now have them ready to ship. $20.00 plus $5.50 shipping and handling in Continental U.S., Canada $12.00. all other countries email for quote.

If you will give me your email address I will send you an invoice through PayPal and as soon as I receive payment it will ship. The email will be from Harvey Clark, Harvey@repops.com.

Harvey Clark
    SPYDERPOPSTM
    Last edited by SPYDERPOPS; 04-28-2010 at 05:33 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Yeah! I just finished shipping out the first batch of the "Missing Air Dam" so everyone that has ordered and paid should be getting theirs by this weekend.

Be sure to get back on here and spread the word after you see the difference.

There will be more "Missing Parts" in the near future and if you have seen my Spyder, you may be able to guess.

The website for SPYDERPOPS should be up and running by this weekend also so look for the banner add after this weekend.

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE ORDERS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR YOUR RESULTS!

SPYDERPOPS (aka REPOPS)
    HC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    This mod was introduced by REPOPS at Cowtown, Cuba, MO:

After 2,000 miles test, it DID lower the engine temperature with 1-2 bars!
    Not pooping on this but..............

This doesnt solve heat soak at low speed/stuck in traffic situations. Its a bandaid for the real problem: LEAN CONDITION. If you give the Spyder fuel with a aftermarket fuel controller, your engine temps will drop, your exhaust temps will drop, your coolant temp will drop, your oil temp will drop, your spyder's motor will live MUCH longer.

There are alot of creative tricks for trying to keep the spyder cool, but none of them address it like the fuel situation.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asmdjackal View Post
    Not pooping on this but..............

This doesnt solve heat soak at low speed/stuck in traffic situations. Its a bandaid for the real problem: LEAN CONDITION. If you give the Spyder fuel with a aftermarket fuel controller, your engine temps will drop, your exhaust temps will drop, your coolant temp will drop, your oil temp will drop, your spyder's motor will live MUCH longer.

There are alot of creative tricks for trying to keep the spyder cool, but none of them address it like the fuel situation.

You are absolutely correct about the lean condition as I have an aftermarket fuel controller and it did help with more fuel. No poop taken!

I designed this air dam after installing the aftermarket fuel controller and it has decreased the temp by 2 bars where the more fuel was really not noticeable on the gage.

Without going to the extra expense of the aftermarket fuel controller this "Missing Air Dam" provides the cooling when at speed that will help in the long run. As for stop and go traffic it is very relative as the heat soak is also lower and return to a cooler temp more rapidly when returning to speed.

Last summer when myself and 2 other Spyders were crossing the Mahove and ambiant temp at 123 degees F I ran at 4 and 5 bars. My friends ran at 6 and 7 bars and one went to the 9th. bar and then limp, his was tuned way too lean for speed.

Again, no poop taken however I have tested this for over 10k miles in various forms/designs and in all climates.

Thanks for your input!
    Harvey

Spyder Garage

I have/had running problems at 5 bars in city traffic with high ambient temperatures, which I believe can be reduced, or eliminated, by the "second update". I had the second update performed in Cuba. Now, I am waiting for the right day to test the results. This has nothing to do with Harvey's miracle.

Harvey's mod gives me the most "bang for the buck" of any of the many changes made on my Spyder. The cost of Harvey's mod is insignificant, yet the improvement is very significant.

The airflow modification should be done on all 2008 and 2009 GS models.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Harvey! I am looking forward to the kits arriving.

It is also good to know that if they ever ship my Juice Box Pro to me I can expect even more benefit on the cooling front.