Thread: new rts

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default new rts

hi spyderlovers i got my new blue rts today i love the new one can any one help me does the new rts have a fuze that is hot with the key on so i can hook up some things i put a lighter light on found a fuze that was hot with the key on and off with key off when i hooked the light up it stayed on i dont get it please help thanks kippy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new Spyder...

Maybe it was still "hot" because of the 20 odd second delay in the power off of some circuits?
    Just a thought.

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Lighter outlet in rear trunk is always hot, key on or off. I use for my trickle charger. That may be the fuse you've found that is hot. I'd ask Lamont to be sure. He will know for sure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kippyg View Post
    hi spyderlovers i got my new blue rts today i love the new one can any one help me does the new rts have a fuze that is hot with the key on so i can hook up some things i put a lighter light on found a fuze that was hot with the key on and off with key off when i hooked the light up it stayed on i dont get it please help thanks kippy
    There will be power even on a switched power source after the Spyder is turned off. I think it's 15 or 20 seconds.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    There will be power even on a switched power source after the Spyder is turned off. I think it's 15 or 20 seconds.

I found that to be the case on my wife's '08 when I installed the J&M CB system last weekend. Stays powered on for 15 or 20 seconds after turning off the ignition. I also noticed there are other electronic sounds operating during that same time. I concluded it is done purposely by BRP to provide time for controlled shutdowns for some components. Kind of like when you shut off your PC, there are lot's of things needing to be brought down before power is removed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

welcome on your new . Do you have pictures?

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Blue is beautiful!

andwelcome on your new toy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

thanks everyone i loved my 09 but had to get the rts i had the se5 i test dove sm5 that thing shift so smooth what a burn out i did so i got the sm5 and the blue one so much faster then the black one lol well on the fuze thing thanks i know what you mean about things staying on for a little wale after the key is off but that lighter light i used wont go out i used the fuze in the front box no 1 looked like it was for the lights that light i used must be keeping something on i dont know to manny comps if anyone figure this out please let me know thank you kippy