Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Going Green with ESI

Got the NEW Green filter installed in the RTS today, thanks to ESI and the gang. All I can saw is...What a difference in throttle response and pick-up. For anyone that has not been able to spin the RTS rear wheel, Mine did it today after the filter change. After a few new scratches on his hands, Jody had mine installed and I had to take her out for a spin. I am sure I had a big smile when I got back. It reminded me of riding my old Spyder. Give one a try, I'm sure you wont be disappointed. A bunch of thumbs up for the ESI crew

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

We found a marked improvment in performance during the R&D of these as well.

MM

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post

MM
    Grren Filters on your site, will they fit the RT?
    When are you returning from your Daytona trip?

"Got a order to place"
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 03-06-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    Grren Filters on your site, will they fit the RT?
    When are you returning from your Daytona trip?

"Got a order to place"
    These should be up on the site by Monday.

MM

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Back home and the trip back was great, just too short. Got around 200 miles on the Spyder with the GREEN FILTER and she has never run better. Thanks again Evan

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Green Filters vs K & N Filters vs Stock filter

I would get some technical specifications on this green filter before you just jump into getting one.

I am sure most of you would like more performance. I would too.

The problem is, well with K&N Filters anyway.

The tech spec for K&N reads something like this, this product for racing engines, K&N filters provide 85% - 91% filtration.

Remember racing engines are rebuilt often and dont usually have a lot of hours of use on them between tear downs.

Huh!!! 85% filtration??? you know what that means, your new engine just became a expensive vacuum cleaner.

With your engine doing double duty vacuum cleaner of your city streets & engine for your spyder, it may not last as long as it could if you had 100% filtration.

A lot of dirt entering the top end of your engine is not healthy for rings, pistons, valves.

The bottom end of your engine will remain clean for awhile until it is worn out.

I am not saying these filters are like the K&N filters, I dont know anything about them.

I am just trying bring to light what I know about the K&N filters.

I would rather use the stock filter, rather than use a partial filter. I am not riding a hoover. All though my streets could be a little cleaner.

Since we are unaware of the Green Filter, Get a spec sheet, with filtration performance, how well this filter actually removes particulate, not how little it filters.

Lets make sure. We have spent too much $$$ on these lets keep um running.

Westgl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by westgl View Post
    I would get some technical specifications on this green filter before you just jump into getting one.

I am sure most of you would like more performance. I would too.

The problem is, well with K&N Filters anyway.

The tech spec for K&N reads something like this, this product for racing engines, K&N filters provide 85% - 91% filtration.

Remember racing engines are rebuilt often and dont usually have a lot of hours of use on them between tear downs.

Huh!!! 85% filtration??? you know what that means, your new engine just became a expensive vacuum cleaner.

With your engine doing double duty vacuum cleaner of your city streets & engine for your spyder, it may not last as long as it could if you had 100% filtration.

A lot of dirt entering the top end of your engine is not healthy for rings, pistons, valves.

The bottom end of your engine will remain clean for awhile until it is worn out.

I am not saying these filters are like the K&N filters, I dont know anything about them.

I am just trying bring to light what I know about the K&N filters.

I would rather use the stock filter, rather than use a partial filter. I am not riding a hoover. All though my streets could be a little cleaner.

Since we are unaware of the Green Filter, Get a spec sheet, with filtration performance, how well this filter actually removes particulate, not how little it filters.

Lets make sure. We have spent too much $$$ on these lets keep um running.

Westgl
    100 percent filteration is not possible. Even a HEPA filter cant do that. Green Filters filter down to 5 microns, which is almost non-existant. Regular Racor filters filter down to 20 microns and we have been using them on our boats for the past 22 years. Although the Racor filters are fuel filters, letting particles of 20 microns in has not been an issue. Check out the information on th Green Filters at greenfilterusa.com
    I agree that K&N filters flow good, but they also plug up quick when they are not maintained properly. These filters fit much better in the stock airbox than the factory ones did. Just my 02 cents though.

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post

MM
    MM; Is adding a Power Commander or adjusting the fuel injection recommended when adding the Green Air filter?

Spyder Garage

Scratches are almost all healed Dave. Glad you enjoy the new improvement to your RT!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    Scratches are almost all healed Dave. Glad you enjoy the new improvement to your RT!
    Wow, Jody, do I know what you mean. Tore myself up good getting to my RT-S' foglight. Tight quarters and sharp plastic!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    Gotta have a set of those BurgerKing small hands. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Gotta have a set of those BurgerKing small hands. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Boy could I use those sometimes working on these things!

MM