Spyder Garage

Default Is this LH Multifunction handlebar cluster button connected? Will anything else fit?

On the left handlebar underneath the "joystick" control on my 2019 Spyder F3L is a blank covering a hole, and that cover is removed, I can see the softpads for a switch. I assume this is for volume control, as I have seen it in other pictures. I assume this was part of an optional package.

1) Is it already connected to the head unit, so that if I install a switch, it will control volume instead of using the PIA joystick?

2) OR, can I use this space for a switch when I install another accessory like fog lights? It would be good if I can use the wiring already installed behind those softpads, but I need to know where to connect inside the dash (Yes, I can always use a multimeter and track it down, just thought I would ask in case anyone else has done that.)

Thx
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2024 at 08:43 PM.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Turn on the radio and push on the soft pads. What happens?

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

On RT's that lower switch is to raise and lower the windshield, same LH Multifunction handlebar cluster. Don't know if the F3 wiring is the same up to the cluster though.
    RT's LH Multifunction Cluster
    RT LH Console Windshield button.jpg
    F3's LH Multifunction cluster
    F3 LH Console blank in RT's Windshield button.jpg
    Last edited by DGoebel; 05-21-2024 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Add RT and F3 LH Cluster photos
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Thanks, will see if there is wiring around the windshiled and see if I can find continuity with the wiring in the cluster. Thx