Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by langevn View Post
    Hi everyone, I did a test on my Spyder. It still wobbles now after 80 km and up.
    I did get the wheels balanced, changed the rear tire, did an alignment on the belt, and also checked if any discs were warped. It was all good, but the wobble is still there. I am clueless as to what is happening. Last year I changed the lower left ball joint, and it went away; can another one be doing this?
    Thanks.
    While certainly could be worn ball joints or suspension pivots, those are simple and easy checks. While at it, verify tie rod ends are not worn.

You mentioned the brakes inspected good with no dragging, or warped discs.

Honestly though, more times than I care to count, improper tire balance is still the fault.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2024 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I would check A-Arm bushings. Have they ever been lubed? The usual answer is 'No, I didn't even know they could be lubed'. And they aren't easy to get to.

If they have not been lubed there is a very good chance that they are worn out. When they get worn, they can give you the same effect as a warped rotor. You could try this and see if there is any improvement. If they are worn, you'll still need to change them. But lubing them might give you a clue if these are the problem.
    Thank you, I will check, but I think I did them early summer last year, but don't remember.
    Also, I noticed that the right front tire is little chipped on the edge of the tread...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-20-2024 at 09:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thank you to all your help. I found where my wobble was as I was greasing the front end. I noticed on the right side a small amount of play, which I thought was in the bottom ball joint. So, I took the ball joint off the spindle and noticed the lower 'A' arm had some play in it, so I took that off and the lower bushings had some play too, so I changed them. I noticed that the ball joint was extremely hard to move, so I changed that too. Now that I've done all of that and gone for a test ride, there's no more wobble left anywhere and it now rides nice! Yay!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2024 at 09:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well, I fixed both lower 'A' arm bushings, a new ball joint, and took it on another ride and I still have the wobble. Again, this is just me hunting, but when I went back to check the tire balance to see if the tire was still ok, I found out the tire has a choppy spot and uneven tire wear, so it will need a new tire. Maybe this was the problem all the time?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-27-2024 at 06:24 PM.