Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Load test the battery, vacuum hose swap, & fuel treatment that needs mixing in (sloshing is a normal process when riding - not so much when sitting) - you probably still have unknown amounts of old gas past the pump & in the lines.
    Just siphon the old gas and put new in? Anything else I can do?
    I also ordered the fuel filter and the hoses so that's also on my to do list.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HaciAbi View Post
    Just siphon the old gas and put new in? Anything else I can do?
    I also ordered the fuel filter and the hoses so that's also on my to do list.
    Maybe; you won’t have to empty the tank, just siphon out enough to put some more clean stuff back in. I was thinking more along the lines of just rocking the Spyder side to side, back & forth to mix it, for simplicity. Won’t be great - it'll be better after starting it & then just ryding it will do the rest. Next fill up, put the additive in first, then fill.

Sorry, that will not clear the code, but it should help purge any old, contaminated gas. Dealer &/or self-resolution will about be it for clearing codes. Double check the wires & sensors, hopefully there's no critter damage?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 07:55 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Maybe; you won’t have to empty the tank, just siphon out enough to put some more clean stuff back in. I was thinking more along the lines of just rocking the Spyder side to side, back & forth to mix it, for simplicity. Won’t be great - it'll be better after starting it & then just ryding it will do the rest. Next fill up, put the additive in first, then fill.

Sorry, that will not clear the code, but it should help purge any old, contaminated gas. Dealer &/or self-resolution will about be it for clearing codes. Double check the wires & sensors, hopefully there's no critter damage?
    Thanks, will try. I will also try what DickB suggested with the steering position sensor. However, I am afraid that it is going to be the steering position sensor that's faulty.

I found another topic:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...S-quot-warning

He is saying in post #15 that he got the check DPS and VSS fault and it went into limp mode - Same as mine. Last post, he is mentioning that the steering position sensor was replaced, and all was good.

The part costs about €644 and I can replace it myself, but I still need BUDS to reset/calibrate the system.
    Found an ATV dealer half an hour's drive away where they sell and maintain different brands, also Spyders. Will check with them if they can reset for me. But first I need to be sure that it's the sensor that's faulty before ordering.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 07:59 AM.