Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

I’m going to try the injector cleaner next.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ungerbe View Post
    What worked for you??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    What worked for you??
    What works can have a lot to do with which motor you have. This was a 1330. The 998 has a different set of 'Go To' things to look for.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

BajaRons@BajaRons.com
    423-609-7588

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ungerbe View Post
    Did you get the Spyder Engine problem fixed?

I see that the 'OP' has not posted since April 22, 2022.
    ENJOY YOUR TIME ON YOUR SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and Stay Safe.

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

You guy's may get your answers to your questions quicker if you PM him, it was back in 22 he posted it.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I also have a 16 RTL had similar problems changed plugs and pulled injectors and cleaned them runs great now.

Spyder Garage

Anyone still active on this thread? I've got a 2016 F3 with the same issue. It's the Wife’s bike. She hasn’t ridden it in 3 years. High rpm was ok, just a few sputters, but Low rpm was terrible. I pumped out as much fuel as I could; added stabilizer; and 93 octane gas, then put 40 miles on it last night. I’ll do it again tonight. The air filter was clean as a whistle. I do not want the challenge of changing plugs ss I've heard that’s a nightmare. I'm ordering a fuel filter today. I think a few tanks full of clean gas is going to be the answer. It idled better when I got home.
    Does anyone get theirs professionally serviced? She has 4000 miles only. I could change the oil and filter as well. Suggestions? Ormond Beach/Daytona has a Dealership.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-20-2024 at 07:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wendon65 View Post
    Anyone still active on this thread? I've got a 2016 F3 with the same issue. It's the Wife’s bike. She hasn’t ridden it in 3 years. High rpm was ok, just a few sputters, but Low rpm was terrible. I pumped out as much fuel as I could; added stabilizer; and 93 octane gas, then put 40 miles on it last night. I’ll do it again tonight. The air filter was clean as a whistle. I do not want the challenge of changing plugs ss I've heard that’s a nightmare. I'm ordering a fuel filter today. I think a few tanks full of clean gas is going to be the answer. It idled better when I got home.
    Does anyone get theirs professionally serviced? She has 4000 miles only. I could change the oil and filter as well. Suggestions? Ormond Beach/Daytona has a Dealership.
    The ethanol fuel gums up everything. Keep riding it with the fuel treatment in the tank, it should clear up.

Once it does and you're going to let it sit for a very long time either add fuel treatment before parking it (make sure to ride it after adding/before sitting to get this fuel into/thru the system) or add non ethanol fuel to an almost empty tank.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-20-2024 at 01:16 PM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Get a bottle of this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRed View Post
    Get a bottle of this
    I haven't tried this product. But I do like Amsoil products in general and hopefully, this will do the trick. It wouldn't hurt to run some straight gasoline in the Spyder. Especially if it's going to sit. Straight gas is much better over time and it's getting easier to find. Many stations now carry 'Off Road' fuel, which is straight gas.

If this Amsoil product doesn't do it for you. Try this. Put 1/2 of the contents in a full tank. Yes, a heavy mix. But it has worked very well for us. Then put the reminder into a 2nd full tank. If this doesn't clear things up, you'll need to clean the injectors by pulling them (which we also do often in scenarios like yours). Again, straight gas can go a long way towards avoiding this issue.

Of course if you get that deep into it, it's a good idea to also change spark plugs while you're there even if you don't need them yet.
    Berrymans.jpg
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

BajaRons@BajaRons.com
    423-609-7588