Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT Limited (2021) drifting a bit - any ideas?

My 2021 Spyder RT Limited is drifting a bit if I take my foot off the brake when idling at a full stop in 1st gear. Forward or backward, depending on the direction of the slope. (I am not talking about drifting backward when in Reverse, all of this is when in First gear at an idle.). When drifting backward, it sometimes catches itself, and then lets go and drifts further. It never feels as though it’s under throttle, feels more like a freewheel. RPMs are between 800-900 at idle. Is this normal? To be clear, my hands are off the throttle, my foot is off the brake, and it drifts, slight inclines/declines, not hills.

PS, I have no mechanical knowledge. Also, I posted this on two other forums on this site, sorry, but I am learning my way around this site.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-30-2023 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question; break... ;-)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is normal, the weight of the Spyder will make it roll forward or back on an incline at idle if your foot is not on the brake. There is a hill hold assist, but it only lasts for a second or two. So, use the foot brake and parking brake as prescribed.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-30-2023 at 05:26 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

OH THANK YOU. The hill hold assist makes perfect sense, and is exactly what happens. I was worried I had a clutch problem, from what I had read.