Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know where to source a Rear Brake Caliper Pin for a 2012 RT?

I made a mistake guess I forgot to put the clip on one of my rear caliper pins, anyway, it fell out while riding yesterday, lucky I was 2 miles from home, and I was able to nurse bike back home. Now I am searching for a new pin, called the dealer they have to sell me a kit for $55.00 which I don't mind paying, but was hoping I could find a separate bolt. I check all over the internet but could not find the rear caliper pin for can am Spyder. Figured I give this shot before I call the dealer back to order the kit. By the way, found out 2012 is now a vintage bike, so they had to call a parts place that carries the parts. Anything over 10 years old is considered vintage. Yes, I did check Baja Ron and ebay no luck on the pin.

I can guarantee you I will never forget the clip again,

Thanks in advance for the help.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just checked @ canamoemparts.com ...... your brakes are different from mine ( mine are Brembo ) ....and they don't sell just the pins .... it appears you NEED two PINS ( go to that web site and look at the Fiche' for rear brakes and confirm ) .... if so, take the one that you still have to an Auto parts store and I'll bet they can match it .... Brakes are pretty basic so I think they will be able to do this ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Check with motorcycle Dave here on the forum he has a lot of older spyder stuff
    2018 F3S matte black
    2010 Spryder RS yellow

Spyder Garage

go to ebay and find a parts dismantler that is selling other parts for your Spyder and call them and see if they still have one with the brakes still on it and will they sell you the pin?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just a little word here for you. Yes, the pin fell out because you forgot the clip, but it never should have come loose in the first place. The clip is just a last resort thing. The pin itself is screwed into the caliper body. So, go back and review your workmanship. Blue Loctite should be used on the threads of the pin. Torque spec is 34 ft-lbs. 50 bucks is just the cost of a tank of gas for your car. Get the kit and be done with it. The pins will have thread locker already applied. Every day you wait is a day without riding.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 05-25-2023 at 04:07 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I have a couple of sets of those pins. I haven't used the clips in years. They must not have been tight. I will check when I get home. I may or may not have the clips. Let me know. I will be home in a couple of days. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Bruce, please PM me for my phone number if you have the pins, the clip is no problem I can find one of those at ACE hardware. Thank you
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-26-2023 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Removed sensitive info!