Spyder Garage

Default Will this Yellow low beam headlight bulb work?

Hello, for years I've always put a low beam yellow bulb in one of my lights on my Goldwing. I don't care as much about brightness as I do about being seen. When I have one yellow bulb it attracts immediate attention to the bike. I want to do the same thing with my 2017 RTS. According to my book the bulb needed is an HHB3 60 watt. All I can find online is an HB3 65 watt bulb. Does anyone know if this bulb will work?
    Thank you.
    Al
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hi Thunder !
    I just replaced the low beam bulbs on my 2012 RTS, the right hand side had gone dark so I replaced both. They are HB3 60 watt bulbs. (Mine are white)
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Just plug this into your search engine, plenty to choose from.

HB3 60 watt bulbs amber

Just for your information a 9005 is the same bulb.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder105 View Post
    Hello, for years I've always put a low beam yellow bulb in one of my lights on my Goldwing. I don't care as much about brightness as I do about being seen. When I have one yellow bulb it attracts immediate attention to the bike. I want to do the same thing with my 2017 RTS. According to my book the bulb needed is an HHB3 60 watt. All I can find online is an HB3 65 watt bulb. Does anyone know if this bulb will work?
    Thank you.
    Al
    If you live in the USA,( I think you do ) your Spyder doesn't actually have a " LOW " beam headlight ...... or a High beam headlight ..... it has a SHUTTER device that produces a HI / LO beam effect .... I don't think an HHB3 bulb will work in a Spyder the way you want it to .... JMHO .... Mike