Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vulkus View Post
    Thanks for the info, from the look of that picture. Mine is a mutant cross between the first and second in the selection.
    It is two tone, black and silver, from the special series but doesn't have that Burgundy seat, also has the special series wheels. Has everything the RT-S has minus the fog lights. I thought it was the Limited because that is embossed on to the back seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The no fog lights and the Limited seat makes me wonder if it was wrecked and repaired. Go to the BRP web site and put the VIN into their recall page. That should return the specific model info I think.
    Yeah, that Pic kindly posted by JSRT might be correct for US/CAN Spec Spyder RT's, but it's not quite correct for what we got here in Oz Vulkus; cos here in Oz (AND Europe) NONE of the AU/EU Spec Spyder 2010-2019 RT's got Fog Lights, we got Low Beam Headlights instead.... :o Well, from what I can find out, they're exactly the same light assemblies as those you lot get to call 'Fog Light's' in North America, but the AU/EU Spec Spyder RT's just don't get the Fog Light Switch; & the Wiring Loom powers the single filament lights in the lower light assemblies as our only Low Beam lights; with Single Filament No Shutter Lights in each of the Upper Light Assemblies that work as our High Beam Lights when selected.

Dunno 'bout EU Spec Spyder RT's, but here in Oz we could get as an optional extra, the little 'Accent Lights' (mentioned in the blurb of that pic above) fitted on our RT's in the Top Outer Corners of the Upper Light Assemblies - they'd show all the time, appearing as the only light shining up there in the upper assemblies when we had Low Beam selected shining the lower light assemblies; and in standard trim our Low Beam Lights would turn off and therefore don't light up at all whenever we'd select High Beam & light up just the lights in the Upper Light Assemblies!

So, without the optional Accent Lights fitted (they're just low power dim lights sorta like 'parkers' that'd remain on all the time the engine's running), we'd have only the pair of Lower Lights shining for our Low Beam (piss poor excuses for Low Beam actually, cos they're really just Fog lights! ); then we'd have only the pair of Upper Lights shining as High Beam (piss poor excuses for High Beam actually, cos the beam pattern is a vertical beam shining straight up the road ahead into the trees, with no roadside verge illumination at all! )

All of which suggests that if your Spyder came with the Short Windscreen instead of the Full-height Windscreen, instead of the 'A/mkt Vented' Full-height Windscreen it's got now Vulkus, then it'd be a bog stock AU/EU spec RT-S Special Series EXCEPT that along with the vented Windscreen, someone's also swapped the Red 'Special Series' Seat & Passenger Back rest for a Black 'Limited' Seat & Pass backrest.

Cheers
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-12-2023 at 01:02 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

So, fog lights for low beams... great and crappy high beams... much better. I was reading the Dept. of Transport Qld site regarding modifications to motorcycles and it states we can add up to 4 extra lights to the front. If I interpret that correctly I should be able to add two fogs and two spots. But I'd like to add a couple of spots to the front, as we can't legally add LED or HID unless we also have an approved housing to go with the lights. I read in a post somewhere on here, one member added them to the side wind deflector area. I wonder if using longer bolts and mounting them there would do the trick? I've also seen a couple of pic's of them mounted down between the wheel and body. Do any of you guys have spot lights and if so where did you mount them?
    2015 Spyder RT Special series Se6
    Really a mutant cross between a special series and a Limited.