Spyder Garage

Default Owner fabricated parts/farkles for 2021 Ryker 900 ACE, and ROX handlebar risers

Howdy Folks, bare with me as this is only my second posting on Spyder Lovers even though I have been a member since 2015. I am no computer wiz either. I am actually a 75 yo retiree who does specialty TIG welding, metal lathe and milling machine work as a hobby these days so I make parts and farkles for my 2016 F3 T ( posted in related forum section ), and now my wife's 2021 Ryker 900 ACE we recently bought as a left over still in the crate that now has 53 miles on the odometer. I mostly use materials that I had hanging around the garage/shop. My wife is 5'7" but had to straight arm her reach to the handlebars so I bought and installed a set of ROX 2" handlebar risers/set backs ( Slingmods part No. SM-8590, ROX No. 4R-P2RYK ) to bring the bars back 2" that did the trick. These are not cheap but are of high quality materials and workmanship. I was going to fabricate my own but am glad I bought these instead saving time and cost of materials ( nothing is cheap these days due to inflation ). I bought a used BRP LinQ max mount off eBay and a good sized tour trunk with quick release base bracket that I adapted to the OEM max mount. I also made a forward/reverse shift extension from brass ( knurled and won't rust ). Being that F3 T Spyders and Rykers sit relatively close to the road surface in front I fabricated and installed a bump skid/grille guard from 2" x 1/4" aluminum and steel. I also made a stainless steel dragonfly and mounted it on the front grille guard as a surprise to my wife. Now the Ryker is ready to hit the roads with my wife as the pilot. I have put 53 miles on the Ryker so far toward break in and really like this machine. Good power, acceleration, and great handling. Not as plush as the F3 T but a really great machine regardless. I am very impressed. Photos attached. Thanks for reading and viewing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 F3 T , Fabricated adjustable brake rod Intense Pearl Red

Spyder Garage

Nice dragonfly!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Top Fabricator this week

Spyder Garage

Nicely done. Love the dragonfly.
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Spyder Garage

Like the dragonfly
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Top Fabricator this week
    Thanks for the compliment. I really like that grille insert you have. Hard to leave these machines stock since there is so much that can be done. Keep on truckin' !!!!! Dennis
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2022 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2016 F3 T , Fabricated adjustable brake rod Intense Pearl Red