Spyder Garage

Default Monster fuel stage 1 or stage 2

I own a 2019 Spyder RT Limited SE 6 and am seriously considering sending the ECU to Wick-it Performance to have a Monster Fuel flash completed. I am on the fence as to whether to install the Stage one or he Stage two flash. I would describe my riding style as moderately aggressive to aggressive. My last motorcycle until March of this year was a Kawasaki Concours 1400, if that helps to understand what I am accustomed to have available for power and performance. I have been riding two wheels for over 50 years. My reluctance to go to the Stage Two flash is the need to have them modify the air filter canister and the need to go to either 91 or 93 octane fuel. From the description in their literature it appears they really recommend 93 octane. I always use 91 octane if it is available because I thought I noticed some pre-detonation with 87 octane. In my part of the country 91 octane is almost always available but 93 octane is essentially unavailable. Also, I would like to retain as much fuel economy as possible and from what I read, a Stage Two flash would probably significantly lower mpg which isn't all that great as it is. So what is the opinion of those of you that have flashed your ECU. Stage one or Stage two????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

stage 2 91 will be fine fuel economy all up to the right hand

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Right on fatboy, excellent answer.

Spyder Garage

Here is a lengthy ECU thread that mat help, https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ight=stage+ecu
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I own a 2019 Spyder RT Limited SE 6 and am seriously considering sending the ECU to Wick-it Performance to have a Monster Fuel flash completed. I am on the fence as to whether to install the Stage one or he Stage two flash. I would describe my riding style as moderately aggressive to aggressive. My last motorcycle until March of this year was a Kawasaki Concours 1400, if that helps to understand what I am accustomed to have available for power and performance. I have been riding two wheels for over 50 years. My reluctance to go to the Stage Two flash is the need to have them modify the air filter canister and the need to go to either 91 or 93 octane fuel. From the description in their literature it appears they really recommend 93 octane. I always use 91 octane if it is available because I thought I noticed some pre-detonation with 87 octane. In my part of the country 91 octane is almost always available but 93 octane is essentially unavailable. Also, I would like to retain as much fuel economy as possible and from what I read, a Stage Two flash would probably significantly lower mpg which isn't all that great as it is. So what is the opinion of those of you that have flashed your ECU. Stage one or Stage two????
    We seem to be in the same category when it comes to riding style. I have a 2016 F3T and will be looking at doing a flash as soon as my extended warranty is up. I am leaning towards the Stage 1 only due to not wanting to modify the air box. The mpg and type of fuel is not really an issue with me, but I just don't know if I would feel comfortable doing anything to the stock air box. BTW, my other ride is a 2018 BMW K1600 B. Just picked that up after selling my 2010 yamaha Vmax. So yes, I like power too.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

AFAIK, the airbox mod is simply (2) 1" holes drilled into the top of the airbox lid. Easily fixed with 1" plastic hole plugs.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

youll be mad at your self for not going all the way trust me i did stage one first then 2