Spyder Garage

Default Firmware update for 2020 RT Limited

Firmware update for 2020 RT Limited.

My dealer called me on Saturday (yesterday) afternoon. To tell me that my new 2020 RT Limited needed a major firmware update. I only have 600 miles on the clock. I just bought it, in October/ 2020.

Has anyone heard about a firmware/software update? Or know where I can get information about it?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have seen them talk about an update to the BRP Connect https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t-Version-2-13 to see the post about BRP connect update.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Depends on what the version of firmware is in the bike. The 2020/21’s should have 30.7. The 2018/19’s - 20.8. Would love to know what, if any, changes there are. There have been some changes to the phone app. New Sygic GPS, Dash Radio. Rever still doesn’t work and maybe this update fixes it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2020 RTL in April. It has not been back to any dealer. Haven't heard about a firmware update, however, for what it's worth, Rever does work for me. Samsung Galaxy S10 phone.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I bought my 2020 RTL in April. It has not been back to any dealer. Haven't heard about a firmware update, however, for what it's worth, Rever does work for me. Samsung Galaxy S10 phone.
    You bring up a good point. I think most SpyderLover users are on Apple devices running iOS, which behaves somewhat differently.

I have used both iOS and Android extensively with BRP Connect and find the Android experience far superior. On iOS I found the app did not launch reliably and would sometime disconnect.

Rever never stopped working on Android with the updates. Accuweather still does not work on Android, but supposedly there is a fix on the way.

I have reached out to Sygic to find out when Sygic GPS will replace Car Navigation on Android and am waiting for a response.
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The 2020/21’s should have 30.7.
    2020+ have v30.2.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralS View Post
    I think most SpyderLover users are on Apple devices running iOS...
    No disrespect intended but curious as to why you think that, sir? Tim Cook owns (sorry, runs) Apple, not BuRP. Android makes up ~75% of the global phone market. Apple (and "others") make up the other ~25%. Logically, that would mean ~75% of Can Am riders would carry an Android based phone. I HAVE noticed that a few vehicles (the Mini is the 1st one that comes to mind) ONLY support Apple Carplay and not Android Auto. Odd. Maybe it's all about exclusivity. The iPhone is more exclusive as is the Mini and the Spyder/Ryker rider?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    2020+ have v30.2.

2021 RTL 3 weeks out of the dealers door here. Displayed on my dash:
    BRP SW v71006876
    GSS SSW v30.70
    CSS SW v30.70
    HW version: G07
    BL SW v30.70
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-18-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Either iOS or Android, Rever doesn't work as it opens and doesn't allow BRP Connect app to take control again, turn the screen dark, and that is how the app works in the dash. Sygic, Dash Radio, Music, Maps, work. Not sure about Cardo though.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Either iOS or Android, Rever doesn't work as it opens and doesn't allow BRP Connect app to take control again, turn the screen dark, and that is how the app works in the dash. Sygic, Dash Radio, Music, Maps, work. Not sure about Cardo though.
    Cardo works great. Rever sucks. everything else works OK
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    2020+ have v30.2.

No disrespect intended but curious as to why you think that, sir? Tim Cook owns (sorry, runs) Apple, not BuRP. Android makes up ~75% of the global phone market. Apple (and "others") make up the other ~25%. Logically, that would mean ~75% of Can Am riders would carry an Android based phone. I HAVE noticed that a few vehicles (the Mini is the 1st one that comes to mind) ONLY support Apple Carplay and not Android Auto. Odd. Maybe it's all about exclusivity. The iPhone is more exclusive as is the Mini and the Spyder/Ryker rider?
    Generally most users here reference an iPhone in their post or later comes out that they are using an iPhone from my observation.

Spyder Garage

Rever works perfectly fine on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Surface Duo Android devices. Use it every time I ride to record the trip. Both phones are currently running Android 10. The Note is updating to Android 11 as we speak.

Spyder Garage

To get back on track, does anyone know what differences might be between 30.2 and 30.7?

Spyder Garage

.5? I know, I know......nobody likes a smart a$$.
    By the way, thank you for your post re: the panel removal for the 2020+ RTL. I was able to install an aftermarket light under the Frunk and a usable rocker switch in the console in place of the blank one. What a difference at night.
    Glide-on>>>>>>>>>>
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spyder Garage

You guys got me all worked up for nothing! My 2020 RTL was built in February 2020, I bought it in April. It has 30.70. No software changes except for that little tweak known as Stage 1...!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rever works perfectly fine on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Surface Duo Android devices. Use it every time I ride to record the trip. Both phones are currently running Android 10. The Note is updating to Android 11 as we speak.
    I know Rever works on the phone, Its in the dash that it doesn't work and BRP Connect gets screwed up.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I know Rever works on the phone, Its in the dash that it doesn't work and BRP Connect gets screwed up.
    Rever works perfectly fine on the Dash for me with either of the phones listed above.. I can start and pause rides with no issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rever works perfectly fine on the Dash for me with either of the phones listed above.. I can start and pause rides with no issue.
    I'm using the latest iPhone with latest iOS as well as the latest dash version.

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I'm using the latest iPhone with latest iOS as well as the latest dash version.

I will say it again, Both of my devices are ANDROID. It works on ANDROID and NOT iOS....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I will say it again, Both of my devices are ANDROID. It works on ANDROID and NOT iOS....
    This is no help and can be confusing as not all of us use Androids. Don't need to be getting into a phone brand argument.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red