Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree with Lamont

As much as I LOVE this site its become nothing but a headache to come to. SHUT IT DOWN until the spyderworld is happy again. Granted there are issues, but all this negativity SUCKS. Theres allot of nice people here and I am glad for the conversations and learning experiences but..........................I am out

thanks to all that helped me in the past and thanks to Lamont most of all for all his hard work.

maybe I will "stop by" in the spring

peace out............

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Guess some people just don't want to hear negativity. Sorry, but I want the good, the bad and the ugly in here. Nothing in life is all rosey - nothing. and a few of us who have problems - I sure as heck appreciate it because I would have thought I was the only one with stuff going wrong - I like suggestions, opinions and guesses. And a few are unhappy. sorry, it's an emotion - that's how we get when something goes wrong. At least we are talking about it and telling one another what's happening w/ our machines.

So, if my attitude has caused anyone to walk, then I apologize for that but I'm not gonna hide how I feel either. I'm not the most patient one and I'm pretty opinionated (yeah even outside this forum) but it's better letting it all out than pussy footing around one another.

Spyder Garage

I have yet to get one, but atleast knowing some of the issues they are having will give me the heads up.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you close down you will loose people, its just commen sence. People need to vent and know that they are not alone and go senile.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    ...and go senile.
    You rang?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We all want to know everything we can about our Spyders. Some stuff is good and some stuff is not. Still, we want to know...we NEED to know.

SpyderLovers.com is an AWESOME source of information about our beloved Spyders!

I bought my Spyder in July 08...best purchase ever!!!
    Last edited by Some Guy; 10-27-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

this is the best site for spyder info.
    we might have issues, we chat and discuss and it gets resolved. Its no different than any other hd, or bike site. Every product has issues.
    Lamont puts a great effort in this site and he should get thumbs up from everybody. This is our spyder info site, made possible by Lamont and oursleves..........the owners ! I love my spyder, its my freedom, this site is part of it

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I for one, am glad to see some of the posts with issues people are having. but, its nice to see some people post of the good times and good rides they have been on. Its real easy to get caught up in the negativity. I know i have done it, but i have posted a lot of positives too. This is a great site that gives potential buyers a lot of information, both positive and negative, to help tem make an educated choice about thier purchases. Thanks Lamont for giving us a place to visit and post.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ferno View Post
    this is the best site for spyder info.
    we might have issues, we chat and discuss and it gets resolved. Its no different than any other hd, or bike site. Every product has issues.
    Lamont puts a great effort in this site and he should get thumbs up from everybody. This is our spyder info site, made possible by Lamont and oursleves..........the owners ! I love my spyder, its my freedom, this site is part of it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To me, all truthful information is helpful. I see no reason to tag honest reports as "positive" or "negative". When we are in possession of the facts we can take appropriate action and make reasoned, rather than emotional, choices. Atadude's recent decision to exchange his Spyder for another ride, (though perfectly understandable, given the circumstances) has shaken me up more than any opinions I have read on this forum. Nevertheless, I intend to Spyder on. We need to explore the Spyders deficiences, and eliminate them, or get them addessed by BRP. Pretending they don't exist won't get the job done.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    We all want to know everything we can about our Spyders. Some stuff is good and some stuff is not. Still, we want to know...we NEED to know.

SpyderLovers.com is an AWESOME source of information about our beloved Spyders!

I bought my Spyder in July 08...best purchase ever!!!

if we are not kept informed of the bad and good things we would feel alone whith our loves and hates of the
    If it wasn't for this site I would have never found out about the problems the is haveing and would not have had them fixed when you live in Australia like me BPR is very slow the fix anything on our s
    so keep the site going.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default This forum works

It seems that the smoke is clearing abit post the steering issue debates on this forum.Yes,at times the issue got heated and at times,testy(I had abit of the testiness myself)but the info got out there and in the process probably saved the lives of the riders in the spyder community and forced the corporation to respond to the problems w/the spyder.The source of info posted on this site has been BEYOND what you could get fm. other motorcycle sites on the web.When I purchased the spyder I thought my work was cutout for me when I started to try to customize it.I didnt know were to start but the site turned me on to things about the spyder that I wouldnt possibly have known about if it werent for the people I met here,or the companies that had the parts necessary to transform the spyder.Having this site made the spyder more enjoyable to own and more worth while to persue the the ticks and burbs that came with a new and unique machine.I solved many problems myself just by tuning in to this site and the ones I couldnt,Itook to my dealer knowing what to tell them by what I learned here fm. all the other spyder owners.It is at this time I feel that we should turn our attention to helping our site monitor Lamont with abit of spiritual guidance in the tuff times he's facing now.I will apologize for the postings were I attacked or offened someone in the discussion of the issues involved here and will clear the slate and vow to make more postings on a positive note. I cherish this site and the people on it and will continue to look at it as a source for the latest spyder info and mod ideas.As i said,this site probably saved spyder riders lives and limbs by addressing important issues w/the safe operation of the spyder as was the case w/ the steering issue and however passionate the discussion got it still helped everyone to be aware of the potential for serious consequences.I feel that from time to time that more things will popup and the info will be right here on this site and everyone will try to figure out how to fix it or know someone who can.I LOVE MY SPYDER!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm being blunt here.... not rude so please don't take it that way. But, if someone is getting bummed out by the "tone" they feel is dominating a forum then DON'T READ IT FOR A WHILE or just leave.

I don't get making a production about it. And I think that the forum has dealt with the concerns and all rather well and is moving on.

I for one am grateful for each of ya. I'd hate to see this place go away.

Spyder Garage

Guess you missed my post where I said I won't be shutting it down. This too shall pass as they say and I think there have been some merited reaction to the Spyder issues and some over reactions to the Spyder issues.

Every board I've ever ran has had the same thing happen to it and in time it will be a forgotten memory. I'm going to focus of solutions to the problems rather than bashing the one toy that has held my attention for the last two years.

If you need to move on I understand but be sure to check back in a month or two.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Guess you missed my post where I said I won't be shutting it down. This too shall pass as they say and I think there have been some merited reaction to the Spyder issues and some over reactions to the Spyder issues.

Every board I've ever ran has had the same thing happen to it and in time it will be a forgotten memory. I'm going to focus of solutions to the problems rather than bashing the one toy that has held my attention for the last two years.

If you need to move on I understand but be sure to check back in a month or two.
    Big. Huge. . My husband and I look forward to meeting you one day!

Prayers that you're well and praying for your friends too.

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

Ride it like you stole it.

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Guess some people just don't want to hear negativity. Sorry, but I want the good, the bad and the ugly in here. Nothing in life is all rosey - nothing. and a few of us who have problems - I sure as heck appreciate it because I would have thought I was the only one with stuff going wrong - I like suggestions, opinions and guesses. And a few are unhappy. sorry, it's an emotion - that's how we get when something goes wrong. At least we are talking about it and telling one another what's happening w/ our machines.

So, if my attitude has caused anyone to walk, then I apologize for that but I'm not gonna hide how I feel either. I'm not the most patient one and I'm pretty opinionated (yeah even outside this forum) but it's better letting it all out than pussy footing around one another.

I couldn't agree more !!!

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by brutus450 View Post
    As much as I LOVE this site its become nothing but a headache to come to. SHUT IT DOWN until the spyderworld is happy again. Granted there are issues, but all this negativity SUCKS. Theres allot of nice people here and I am glad for the conversations and learning experiences but..........................I am out

thanks to all that helped me in the past and thanks to Lamont most of all for all his hard work.

peace out............

Din't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out !!!!!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

peace out............
    Shoot gun at foot Aww have a cup of coffee and common back

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Negativity vs. reality

I've participated in various bike-related sites since Internet service was available to me, VROC, Victory, W650, ZRX, Guzzi, KLR650, Buell, Ninja 650, sidecar, Silver Wing and I'm sure others that I forgot. There's ALWAYS a number of negative threads on any of these sites as minor problems become amplified through repetition. The VROC (Kawi Vulcan group) became fixated on a plastic oil pump gear that seemd to be prone to failure in the Vulcan 1500's, in some cases trashing the engine. Though the failure rate was much less that the minimum rate requiring a recall, and Kawasaki USA would repair damages caused by oil pump failure regardless of mileage (but refused to replace the gear with a steel part as a preventive masure as it would require a major teardown), the potential for failure caused many Vulcan owners to get rid of their rides and get something else. Same story with the KLR650's "doohickey," a cheaply-made cam chain adjuster. Victory had some initial tranny issues that Polaris would repair regardless of age or mileage, and that turned people off to that brand, which has become recognized as a very reliable ride since. What I'm saying is, hang in there, and take everything you hear on the Internet, good or bad, with a grain of salt.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default this site sold me

I had been looking at the sypder for a long time when i ran across this site. After following it for a three months or so and lising to all the fun your were having and all the knowledge there was here i had to buy as has been said here before this site is the best sales tool for the spyder. With all the fun stories and the knolage to fix and modife you ryde. this is the place that gave me the confidnce to buy. For that i want to thank you all.

Spyder Garage

As much as I LOVE this site its become nothing but a headache to come to. SHUT IT DOWN until the spyderworld is happy again.
    Some threads can be a "headache" depending on your perspective but to say they are all negative seems a bit over the top to me.

You can pick and choose the threads you read and avoid the "Headaches" if you like.

I am confused about your suggestion that Lamont shut this site down "Until the spyderworld is happy again". If the site is down, how will he or anyone else know when the spyderworld gets happy?

I think the board goes through ups and downs just like anything else. Through it all each of us as individuals can keep a positive (or negative) attitude as we so choose.

If you're looking for a place where we can all pretend the Spyder is a perfect machine I suppose you've come to the wrong place.

If you're looking for some fun, some fellowship, some great advise and maybe a heavy dose of reality thrown in from time to time then I'd say this is it.

As for me, I like it here, warts and all. Maybe if I were perfect I would have something to gripe about...but no worries there!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've been conditioned to thank that if you see a problem, don't complain if you can't offer suggestions and be part of the solution. I don't see how another negative post helps this situation. If you must leave; happy trails. I'm like the many who appreciate the candor of the site. I have yet to have a single problem with my Spyder, and still love to ride it. Being aware of the problems also helps me be more observant and more prepared in the event something does arise. Unfortunately, the world isn't all rainbows and kittens, but for the most part, I do believe there is more positive than negative within this site. Thanks to all who contribute, and especially to Lamont for facilitating our learning and sharing all things Spyder.

peace out............

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NEGATIVITY

peace out............
    If we had Auto forums like this back in the 70's, Maybe the American auto co's would have heard the the negativty and fixed the junk they were making . And then the Japanese would not have gotten such a foot hold in the American market.

Spyder Garage

peace out............
    No way dude---- it should stay up.

Taking it down when things seem bad would be disingenuous.

If your favorite sports team loses some games do you stop watching them?

Need to have the good and bad shared --- although I do agree some have made this become a Spyder Bash--- and not a good one.

To steal a line from the HD ads this year....... Screw it---- let's RIDE !

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!