Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Lamont,
    I think your post was very honest, straight-forward and heartfelt...and I hope it opened a lot of eyes. I am so sorry to hear you are inundated. I'm not sure how you have kept it together, frankly. Your mixed thoughts are understandable under the circumstances. I hope you don't shut down the site, but I would understand if you did.

If I can be of service in any way, please, please, please let me know. You have my phone number and email. I'm always ready to lend an ear if you need to bounce things off someone, cry on somebodies shoulder, or just rant and rave (I really can't see you doing that.) I'd even reluctantly help moderate the site if it would be of benefit. I'm here for you, Bro, if you need me.

My vote is to elect "Nancy's Toy" to help with the forum as a moderator !!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default my 2 cents

Lamont, If it weren't for u and this site, I might not have be riding right now...its because of u and ur handbrake that i can ride(handicapped) not only did u come up with the idea, but u helped me on the phone...I know there has been a lot of negativity as of late. To me that is understandable. Its a passionate issue and will no doubt pit people against people. But, you shouldn't feel like its your fault.....you have been a God-send to us here. Of course it is your decision as to whether or not to shut down the site, but I personally feel it would be a mistake as you and your site have helped so many people, including myself...maybe everyone will see this and respect your privacy and not ask you silly questions that you cant answer....like "will i kill myself on the spyder" etc....whatever your descision i want ot thank you for what you have done for me and everyone else, u truly are a good man

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think we all need to learn to chill a bit and remember the good times we had before the Spyder.
    My new addition makes me laugh everyday and that what life should really be.
    Lamont, your site is priceless on helping us through all this. Keep up the good work. The rest of us need to take sometime and enjoy the simple things.
    Be safe
    Smokster and Bucky

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My 2 Cents

Lamont; Long story short; Put on a rain coat (the tears of all the disgruntled Spyder owners will run off your shoulders), buy a case of beer and a bottle of Jack, build a small fire on a remote piece of your land, get drunk, and repeat the mantra: The problems of all Spyder owners are not mine, the problems of all Spyder owners are not mine…..fall asleep and come back fresh.

No one has a right to put you on the spot as being responsible for problems with their Spyders. Shame on anyone who does. I have seen quite a few Spyders, and have yet to see one with “Lamont edition” stamped on it. Anyone who accuses you of being on the take from BRP should be banned, as having nothing productive to add to the site. Censorship be darned; “free speech” doesn’t apply here. Your house, we are invited guests, and should behave as such or be told to go home. No need for you to have to defend yourself or “take sides” except your own. You have provided a great amount of valuable advice, and passed on vast amounts of information based on your personal experiences and wealth of knowledge on the subject of Spyders. Like any great leader, you feel the pressure because you put so much of yourself into what you love. Some people just don’t appreciate it. Not everyone will. We should all just thank you very much for all you have done thus far, acting as middle-man to BRP. You have had a lot of success, but again no one should expect it of you. You’re not a BRP representative. The Spyder is a fairly new product. As such there are bound to be bugs. I know that BRP is working feverishly to address these issues and come out with a better product. That’s their job. Your task, Lamont, is to administer this site, and mediate (censor) if necessary. No one should expect more. Since you feel the need to provide more, we should simply say thank you and go about our business. Closing the site will not solve anything. It’s your site, so you can if you want. But people will simply find another forum to vent on, congregate on line and find new friends. I don’t think that opening the site again later would be as successful as what you have now. Riding (regardless of the type of bike) is a sport, or hobby. As with running shoes, or model glue, if you don’t like the product, go buy something else. The successful manufacturers are the ones which listen to their customers and build what the majority want. You can’t please everyone. If Spyder owners feel their product doesn’t satisfy their need, they can sell it and get something else, or stay home and watch TV. The ones who love it and are willing to work through the issues are the ones who will experience the most joy from their Spyders. The greatest satisfaction comes through overcoming the problems and experiencing the end result. I work in acquisition for the Dept of Defense, so I know firsthand that when you put a new product out to the masses, the majority of comments arise from problems. If people are happy with the product, they rarely offer an unsolicited opinion. But, when there is a problem, the world has to know about it ..now. We’ll get through this. Patience grasshopper. My two cents (feel free to offer change, or just delete) is that closing or suspending this forum will be its permanent undoing. You may be able to resurrect it later, but it’ll never be the same.

If we ever meet, I’ll buy the Jack.

Thanks for all you do brother.

G-Man

Spyder Garage

Lamont:
    I use this site daily and even though I don't always log in, I have received so much useful information that has saved me much grief and money. I have even asked my dealer several time to look at a certain thread when I have work done on the Spyder. In fact, just this morning I emailed him a quote stating that multiple downloads might be affecting the update #2 which I intend to have done. This site is a valuable jewel of information!!!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Think of it this way folks --- without this forum those that are having the steering problem might think they are the only one. I always find some comfort in knowing I'm not the only one.

This place makes having the Spyder MUCH more fun and easier to upkeep.

And it doesn't cost you a dime.
    Also when you bring it back for any problems, And the dealer tells you=
    FIRST TIME I HEARD ABOUT IT''
    YOUR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM''
    You can tell him you know better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Also when you bring it back for any problems, And the dealer tells you=
    FIRST TIME I HEARD ABOUT IT''
    YOUR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM''
    You can tell him you know better.

+1
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont I was the poster of the thread "A non-owners conclusion after reading this forum". I did decide to wait a while to pull the trigger on a Spyder but I did indicate that I would likely buy one in the future. It just seemed logical to give BRP time to sort out some of the problems first.

I would encourage you to keep the forum up as it is the best source of information for both Spyder owners and prospective owners. As you have read in this thread the problems have not discouraged all new folks from buying the Spyder. Frankly it has no equal out there for what it is. Although I am not buying at this time I will continue to monitor this forum as the best source of info as to when the time is right for me.

You have done a remarkable job and like some others have suggested you might need to just step back a little and let each individual who has problems communicate it to BRP through their dealer and if that does not satisfy them to contace BRP directly like they would do with any other object with which they had a problem. I see no need for you to be an intermediator between individuals and BRP.

Thanks for your efforts in creatinging the such a great resource on the Spyder. I am sure BRP appreciates it as much as the owners and guys like me do. You are definitely a cheer leader for the Spyder for which we are all thankful.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lamont I want to echo the feeling stated by everyone else. I am very grateful to this site to you and to all the regular posters. I have not had problems with my Spyder but I can empathize with the people that have. The proper place to proclaim the problems is with the dealers and if they don't listen then with BRP not with you. Although you did open yourself with the sticky asking people to let you know so you could pass it on. You have posted the e-mail and links to Carlo the man who really should be getting the bombardment that you are getting. This forum is a proper place to let others know what has happened to their Spyder and what to watch out for. I appreciate those posts even if I do not have the same problems. BRP should be more forthcoming about what they are doing even if it means folks we don't have an answer yet but stay tuned. If this forum closed then how would we find out what is happening. You Lamont are not BRP and are not the one who designed the Spyder. You are not the one who "decided" for me to buy one. You and your forum are however the best tool we the riders and prospective owners have of getting a non-candy coated view of what is going on. We need this forum.
    And we need you since you do have an in with some of the people at BRP, they obviously value your opinion and so do we.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    +1
    plus 2

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DannyS View Post
    Lamont I want to echo the feeling stated by everyone else. I am very grateful to this site to you and to all the regular posters. I have not had problems with my Spyder but I can empathize with the people that have. The proper place to proclaim the problems is with the dealers and if they don't listen then with BRP not with you. Although you did open yourself with the sticky asking people to let you know so you could pass it on. You have posted the e-mail and links to Carlo the man who really should be getting the bombardment that you are getting. This forum is a proper place to let others know what has happened to their Spyder and what to watch out for. I appreciate those posts even if I do not have the same problems. BRP should be more forthcoming about what they are doing even if it means folks we don't have an answer yet but stay tuned. If this forum closed then how would we find out what is happening. You Lamont are not BRP and are not the one who designed the Spyder. You are not the one who "decided" for me to buy one. You and your forum are however the best tool we the riders and prospective owners have of getting a non-candy coated view of what is going on. We need this forum.
    And we need you since you do have an in with some of the people at BRP, they obviously value your opinion and so do we.
    Where mare these links & e-mail to Carlo?

Spyder Garage

Lamont, for what it's worth I will post Ann's & my thoughts.

We did the opposite of most. imo
    Got the home(05/09) & then what?
    Where do we go for info/answers?
    Checked BRP site, no help for what we wanted.
    Then we find Spyderlovers. Too Cool.
    It was like it was meant to be for us in our eyes.

A rally (our first ever).A BBQ @ Lamonts? Riding the Smokies? OK.

It's really been just an awesome expierance for the both of us.
    No regrets what so ever. Problems or not.

What ever you decide to do is all good & your choice.
    You have an incredible family.

God Speed!

Spyder Garage

Lamont ... You feeling the love yet??

"Kumbaya" kind-of sums up this thread doesn't it!!

Sleep tight and let us hear from you!!

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones singing lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbayah

Someones laughing, lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones crying, lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones praying, lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones sleeping, lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbaya
    Oh lord, kumbaya

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ah he can't close it. If he does who going to look after the coons? You guys forgot about them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Stay Please

I was just thinking, before I read this thread, that I would have no clue as to what is going on with the spyder without this forum. At least knowing, I have the ability to plan for the potential problem instead of going blindly about my way.
    I havn't had the update done yet though I called the dealer to schedule it. I'm thinking now of just waiting it out. With the cold weather, it runs better anyway. I can live with the gas smell for while.
    I'll be putting the spyder away for the winter soon but I don't look forward to a winter without Spyder Lovers. I remember last winter, I hadn't taken delivery of the spyder yet but I tuned in here and learned so much. It really increased the anticipation. The success of this site rests so much with you, Lamont. None of us want you to leave or shut it down. We'll all work through the problems together. After all, that part of what this is all about, isn't it.
    I know I rambled but it comes down to: Please stay.
    Dick

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I know all too well about M&A and all too well about DOD - those DOD dudes try to steal my parking space at work . I am behind the scenes w/ it all - I just sit and watch the chaos from 8-5 or so 5 days a week. No beer or jack is ever gonna cure that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Lamont; Long story short; Put on a rain coat (the tears of all the disgruntled Spyder owners will run off your shoulders), buy a case of beer and a bottle of Jack, build a small fire on a remote piece of your land, get drunk, and repeat the mantra: The problems of all Spyder owners are not mine, the problems of all Spyder owners are not mine…..fall asleep and come back fresh.

No one has a right to put you on the spot as being responsible for problems with their Spyders. Shame on anyone who does. I have seen quite a few Spyders, and have yet to see one with “Lamont edition” stamped on it. Anyone who accuses you of being on the take from BRP should be banned, as having nothing productive to add to the site. Censorship be darned; “free speech” doesn’t apply here. Your house, we are invited guests, and should behave as such or be told to go home. No need for you to have to defend yourself or “take sides” except your own. You have provided a great amount of valuable advice, and passed on vast amounts of information based on your personal experiences and wealth of knowledge on the subject of Spyders. Like any great leader, you feel the pressure because you put so much of yourself into what you love. Some people just don’t appreciate it. Not everyone will. We should all just thank you very much for all you have done thus far, acting as middle-man to BRP. You have had a lot of success, but again no one should expect it of you. You’re not a BRP representative. The Spyder is a fairly new product. As such there are bound to be bugs. I know that BRP is working feverishly to address these issues and come out with a better product. That’s their job. Your task, Lamont, is to administer this site, and mediate (censor) if necessary. No one should expect more. Since you feel the need to provide more, we should simply say thank you and go about our business. Closing the site will not solve anything. It’s your site, so you can if you want. But people will simply find another forum to vent on, congregate on line and find new friends. I don’t think that opening the site again later would be as successful as what you have now. Riding (regardless of the type of bike) is a sport, or hobby. As with running shoes, or model glue, if you don’t like the product, go buy something else. The successful manufacturers are the ones which listen to their customers and build what the majority want. You can’t please everyone. If Spyder owners feel their product doesn’t satisfy their need, they can sell it and get something else, or stay home and watch TV. The ones who love it and are willing to work through the issues are the ones who will experience the most joy from their Spyders. The greatest satisfaction comes through overcoming the problems and experiencing the end result. I work in acquisition for the Dept of Defense, so I know firsthand that when you put a new product out to the masses, the majority of comments arise from problems. If people are happy with the product, they rarely offer an unsolicited opinion. But, when there is a problem, the world has to know about it ..now. We’ll get through this. Patience grasshopper. My two cents (feel free to offer change, or just delete) is that closing or suspending this forum will be its permanent undoing. You may be able to resurrect it later, but it’ll never be the same.

G-Man

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks like they are stepping up their support.
    http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/Co...6-2009964d0e2b

Spyder News
    April 8, 2009, Spyder Announcements
    NEW E-MAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT CONTACT FOR SPYDER OWNERS

BRP is proud to announce a new Customer Service representative dedicated to the Spyder owner Community. We recognize that our first Spyder owners are important ambassadors and deserve quality service. Therefore, Carlo will be assisting Spyder owners through a dedicated E-Mail address spydertechsupport@brp.com . Carlo is an avid motorcyclist and Spyder Ryder and has been with BRP as a member of the Customer Assistance Centre since 2000. Carlo is fluent in English, French and Italian and has extensive experience in powersports and assisting BRP product owners around the world.

Carlo will also be monitoring the various Spyder websites and forums to best identify key questions, trends and comments from Spyder owners. He will then respond to owners directly to ensure they have the most recent information. Please note that spydertechsupport@brp.com contact method is exclusive to Spyder owners. Once contacted through E-Mail, Carlo will coordinate the follow-up with owners through E-Mail or by phone in an efficient and timely manner. To assist in the process, we invite owners to identify their VIN (vehicle identification number) when E-Mailing Carlo.

In summary, here are the contact options:

spydertechsupport@brp.com

Owners-only customer support resource designed to provide quick, expert responses to product-related or service questions.

spyderteam@brp.com
    Open to existing owners or Spyder enthusiasts for general product information, Web site information, information requests, local or corporate events and Web site support.

715-848-4957 OR 819-566-3366 : Open to everyone for general questions/requests.

I don't know how to do those links where you link to the thread but this is a copy of the important part.
    Last edited by DannyS; 10-22-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Old news

Looks like they are stepping up their support.
    http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/Co...6-2009964d0e2b

Spyder News
    April 8, 2009, Spyder Announcements
    NEW E-MAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT CONTACT FOR SPYDER OWNERS

BRP is proud to announce a new Customer Service representative dedicated to the Spyder owner Community. We recognize that our first Spyder owners are important ambassadors and deserve quality service. Therefore, Carlo will be assisting Spyder owners through a dedicated E-Mail address spydertechsupport@brp.com . Carlo is an avid motorcyclist and Spyder Ryder and has been with BRP as a member of the Customer Assistance Centre since 2000. Carlo is fluent in English, French and Italian and has extensive experience in powersports and assisting BRP product owners around the world.

Carlo will also be monitoring the various Spyder websites and forums to best identify key questions, trends and comments from Spyder owners. He will then respond to owners directly to ensure they have the most recent information. Please note that spydertechsupport@brp.com contact method is exclusive to Spyder owners. Once contacted through E-Mail, Carlo will coordinate the follow-up with owners through E-Mail or by phone in an efficient and timely manner. To assist in the process, we invite owners to identify their VIN (vehicle identification number) when E-Mailing Carlo.

In summary, here are the contact options:

spydertechsupport@brp.com

Owners-only customer support resource designed to provide quick, expert responses to product-related or service questions.

spyderteam@brp.com
    Open to existing owners or Spyder enthusiasts for general product information, Web site information, information requests, local or corporate events and Web site support.

715-848-4957 OR 819-566-3366 : Open to everyone for general questions/requests.

I don't know how to do those links where you link to the thread but this is a copy of the important part.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes I know but Putt Putt wanted the info.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I feel as though I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I've spent the last two years building this site and a relationship with you guys and BRP. Right now I feel like I should be taking sides if I'm going to keep any credibility I may have with you all.

First off I want to say I don't take a nickle from BRP and I'm not a controlled mouth piece for them. I have made some good friends within the company and my loyalty is to them and not the company.

I've also made some great friends here too and I hate to see anyone have the problems they are having and I've made every effort to be a mediator between them and BRP to help solve these problems. Judging by the PM's and emails I've gotten that has worked out pretty good. I have a "sticky" post at the top of this board to try and help those with on going problems and those who have taken the time to send me the info have had good reports back. That's more credit to BRP for doing what they told me they would do for those who have slipped through the cracks.

I have yet to have anyone fillout this info and send it to me on the steering issue. I don't know why but this should be reported and why not use all the tools available to you.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14122

Here's my real problem. I've been swamped with emails, PM's and phone calls about this issue and I really don't know what to tell you other than my experience with my Spyder. I can't tell you if it's safe or not to drive your Spyder after the second software update because there are enough members on this board that have had a steering problem at speed and I wouldn't want to be the one to say it will be fine and then someone gets hurt or worst. I don't feel mine is unsafe because I just don't have any power steering and there are plenty of folks that have driven thousands of miles in this same condition without any issues.

So I'm pretty bummed out for my friends here and my friends at BRP. I see some good members that are now giving up on the Spyder and moving on to something else and I see potential Spyder owners thinking that the Spyder is too problematic to own and by reading the post on this board the last few days I don't blame them at all.

Part of me wants to just shut down this site and turn it back on when everything is fixed because I don't know if we are helping or hurting the situation here. BRP is well aware of the problem and nobody wants to see a resolve to this more than they do. Problem is will the love for the Spyder be crushed because of this board before they have a chance to really fix the problem?

As for me I'm going to wait it out and see what happens. I have faith that they will get it fixed and the Spyder has just been too fun for me to give up on it now. Now if BRP says it can't be fixed then I'll move on but until they do I'll be waiting for the answers and I will share them here as soon as I know what they are.
    I am quite new to Spyderlover and have done some complaining ,hoping Brp would somehow hear and listen .I am sorry for my negativity ,but I truly believe these sites are at their best when honesty prevails even if its on the negative side of the coin. On a positive note I have learned an incredible amount from the forums and tech talk and really appreciate everyones input. I hope to one day be a contributer rather than a sponge. Keep up the good work Lamonster it is much appreciated .I love my Spyder.,cheers Kevin

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes I know but Putt Putt wanted the info.
    THANKS -- DannyS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bersquack View Post
    I just cannot dump my first love just yet!

Lamont, this is your site and if you think it is best to shut it down for a while, then I will support your decision and will be the first in line when it reopens.

This site has been a blessing and would not want to lose it.
    Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

G-Man
    +1 (you're very knowledgeable about spyder )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aubierules View Post
    I know there has been a lot of negativity as of late. To me that is understandable. Its a passionate issue and will no doubt pit people against people. But, you shouldn't feel like its your fault.....you have been a God-send to us here. Of course it is your decision as to whether or not to shut down the site, but I personally feel it would be a mistake as you and your site have helped so many people, including myself...maybe everyone will see this and respect your privacy and not ask you silly questions that you cant answer....like "will i kill myself on the spyder" etc....whatever your descision i want ot thank you for what you have done for me and everyone else, u truly are a good man
    +2 (wife also )

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I nead this sight please stay with us here and keep the sight open .we love you and what this sight can do for ower spyders and magicman for the wonderfull things you guys come out with to make ower bikes one of a kind .we don't blame you at all and want to let you know it every time....We are all Family here and always well be...