Hybrid View

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    You were mostly right though and I think the big issue is that its the front tires that are giving people headaches for finding a match.

I think what we'll need to see happen is some aftermarket company comes up with a way to modify the front fenders on the Ryker to allow a slightly wider tire.
    Concerning " fender tire clearance " .... in the past ( before I made some discoveries ) I put some really wide tires on my RT ( 185/55-15 ) ... the problem wasn't fitting the tire into the fender, it was clearance between the the sidewall of the tire and the fender Brackets. .... which I fixed with washers for spacing....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Concerning " fender tire clearance " .... in the past ( before I made some discoveries ) I put some really wide tires on my RT ( 185/55-15 ) ... the problem wasn't fitting the tire into the fender, it was clearance between the the sidewall of the tire and the fender Brackets. .... which I fixed with washers for spacing....... Mike
    Yeah, I wish it would be that easy but the fenders on the Ryker wrap down over the tire on both sides slightly...not much, but enough to prevent a slightly wider tire to fit.
    I'm pretty sure as more of these Rykers come to the end of their tire life (they are all new vehicles still), some enterprising companies will start looking into bolt-on fender options that allow wider tires.
    Maybe I can take a sawzall to my fenders!

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Maybe I can take a sawzall to my fenders!
    Certainly not opposed to modifications, but after going through water running across the road a couple times and no splash on bike or boots or Wranglers, I think I will continue with factory size front tires and factory fenders.

Hopefully there will be options to the Kendas in the future...although the rally Kenda looks of interest.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black