Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL Top Case question

Due to Covid, my new bike was delivered to my home by the dealership. Unfortunately, it was delivered to me with the luggage rack attached instead of the standard top case. The top case was then shipped to me and inside the box was the rubber lining to the top case and another rubber piece that for the life of me I do not know where it goes. I attached a pic of this piece both front and back. A little help from one of the 2020 RTL folks would be great. TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can’t remember a piece like that but is there anything covering the latch mechanism on the inside of the box? It looks like that could be a possibility. Did you order an RT STD and added the top box? That’s what I’m doing, curious if you did, do you have color matched panels or is the entire box black?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

There is nothing covering the Linq latch and this definitely does not fit there as the piece is raised and has grooves on the bottom of the case is flush. I ordered the RTL and the Limited comes with a color matched top case that has black on it. My spyder is Marsala Red (black edition).

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't have a 2020 but it looks like it would cover the plug on the bottom of the top case if you were to take it off and that is just a guess because of the plus shape in the middle.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RT Limited. I have not seen that piece on my top box anywhere. Maybe it has something to do with the RT Rear Panel? I ordered my RT Rear Panel and it's scheduled for delivery today. As soon as it's here, I'll check.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is there a part number on that part? If so type it in for part search and see what pops up.

Spyder Garage

I don't think it's any part of the top box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

It is to cover the input plug when top case is removed.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Wow! Ok all, I finally figured it out. When the dealer sent me the top case, they apparently threw this rubber piece in the box which they failed to attach to the Linq Rack which was on the bike when it was delivered. The piece covers the exposed latch on the Linq rack. Thanks for all who responded with ideas on what it could have been associated with. This group is awesome- the support, outside the box ideas, and willingness to try and help others allows me to keep my faith in humanity. Ryde safe and stay healthy.