SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Billet Garmin Zumo Mount

I have been asked by many Spyder Lovers this summer about my Billet Zumo GPS mount and I could not remember where I got it. Finally today with a bunch of searching I found the mount. It's a TechMount and you can see it here. http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...&product_id=59 I added a shorter stalk to get it closer to the handlebar and it can be found in accessories. It's not cheep but very nice. It also makes it hard to remove in case someone might need to borrow your GPS for and extended amount of time.

I hope everyone that has asked me will now see where it came from.
    Thanks,
    HC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks good. I might have to get one of those for the radar detector. I am slowly running out of handlebar room..LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by REPOPS View Post
    I have been asked by many Spyder Lovers this summer about my Billet Zumo GPS mount and I could not remember where I got it. Finally today with a bunch of searching I found the mount. It's a TechMount and you can see it here. http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...&product_id=59 I added a shorter stalk to get it closer to the handlebar and it can be found in accessories. It's not cheep but very nice. It also makes it hard to remove in case someone might need to borrow your GPS for and extended amount of time.

Thanks,
    HC
    Got a pic of your setup?

I can't remember how it looked--- but I'm liking the looks of that clamp.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

After going back and forth, I finally ordered the 30996 and two of the 60003. I have the NMN 4" black risers and the ISCI handbrake, so I hope it doesn"t take any more space than 1/2". I would like to mount a couple of different items and wanted to try the 60003 as more of a permanent mount for one of them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by REPOPS View Post

Thanks,
    HC
    Thanks. Keeping that link handy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have tech mounts on my other three motorcycles for my radar detector and they are FIRST CLASS! I've never seen the Ram Mounts type of mount in person, but they have always looked a little "plasticky" to me. I actually e-mailed Tech Mounts before I got my Spyder and got a reply about sending some pics so they could think about making something for the Spyder, but I forgot to after I got my Spyder. Tech Mounts are great anodized aluminum mounts. Look like something that NASA would make and charge thousands for. You can't go wrong IMHO.

TheGrossman

Spyder Garage

I take it that there is no way to mount a garmin gps that was initially a ball type mount. I checked the products on the tech mount site and didn't see anything.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrossman View Post
    I've never seen the Ram Mounts type of mount in person, but they have always looked a little "plasticky" to me. TheGrossman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I take it that there is no way to mount a garmin gps that was initially a ball type mount. I checked the products on the tech mount site and didn't see anything.
    I have a Garmin that has a ball type mount. This is the reason I ordered two of the Techmount 60003 parts. I hope I can permanently attach the ball mount to the top of this and "slide" it off when not needed. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try.